Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 4:13 AM Last edited by nadrennoc : 21st Jun 2017 at 6:49 PM.
Default How to change BCONs - Solved!
I downloaded a child support mod today and the amounts received seem like too much. The creator said they could be changed in the BCONs but I have no idea how to do that! I downloaded SimPE but can't even get it installed (for one thing there are like 50 files in the zip file and two it errors out and closes instead of running). I'm getting the impression it may not be working any more. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 7:47 AM
One of the files should be an exe file. SimPE.exe. What happens if you click that one?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 8:21 AM
I click on the exe one and hit run (twice) and I get an error and it says it has stopped working.
Screenshots
Instructor
#4 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 8:29 AM
For the version you are using, you need to extract the whole zip file into one folder (it should be right-click and "extract to filename"(filename being the name the zip file has)), otherwise it won't work, because it needs all those files in there to run.
Instructor
#5 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 8:30 AM
Unzip the .7z file and then run the .exe from the extracted sub-directory

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
For the version you are using, you need to extract the whole zip file into one folder (it should be right-click and "extract to filename"(filename being the name the zip file has)), otherwise it won't work, because it needs all those files in there to run.

I had the same problem, and had done this. I got it to work after I saved a shortcut for the exe. file to the desktop. I have no idea why that fixed it but it did!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 6:49 PM
Wow, I feel so dumb! LOL I know to extract zipped files before installing them! I do not know how I missed that step....Thank you!!

So, once I got SimPE installed, changing the BCONs wasn't that hard. I tested it in-game and it works perfectly!

Thank you!!