Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 12:47 AM
Default Industrial Chimney Unit for CAW
Greetings.

I have always wanted to add more things to CAW for use in game as visual objects and this time, decided that there were no real industrial chimneys or similar in the game.

With this in mind, I went on a search and found a chimney and ducting complex on turbosquid by kodo_day

This model was free and has a royalty free licence so I converted it for CAW. (Note:- that means if you take it and upload it to any pay site, you will be breaching the copyright licence as well as upsetting me )

In order to use this object, I use the following framework for adding custom items to CAW :-

Sims3wiki caw framework

(Read the post VERY carefully, to many people have replaced the .cfg file, not appended to it)

In addition, in order to be able to see it ingame, you will want to add the package to your normal package location.

This has been designed to work in the version of CAW as updated for Late Nite.

This is a very BIG object but has less vertices and faces than the Watertower delivered with the game.

It can be used as a standalone unit (not sure what for) or can be combined with other buildings, as here with the shuttle launch building :-

All footbrint and bounding box info is correct for use in CAW but it is such a large object, it probably wouldn't hurt to add some routing preventer paint underneath as well as with a bounding box this big, sometimes the rebuild of routing data sometimes leaves pinholes in the base which could produce a trapped area for NPC sims in.

Hope you enjoy and it finds a use in your world.

Regards

Moria

Additional Credits:
kodo_day and the origional model on Turbosquid, S3OC and S3PE. Also TSRW for shadow generation and all the Tutorials on MTS.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Graham_Industrial_Chimney.rar (2.17 MB, 590 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Industrial Chimney unit for CAW
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 10:07 AM
Wonderful, there is definitely a lack of industrial skyline objects in the game. Thank you!
Zombie Socks
#3 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 1:00 PM
Yes! Thank you! And... suddenly I want to put a giant Mech in place of the spaceship. Should look into that. *nod nod*

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whitewaterwood
Yes! Thank you! And... suddenly I want to put a giant Mech in place of the spaceship. Should look into that. *nod nod*

Hmmmm interesting as it would fit into some things I am doing right now which are futuristic styled....

My biggest problem is I am never satisfied with what I have done, there's always something else....

Is there a desire for futuristic themed things at all? I know I have one and am working on it, but anyone else?

Regards

Graham
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 5:32 AM
That would be handy I guess to have more futuristic things to create more themed worlds. I think there has been a bunch of people wanting a futuristic world on the official forums as well actually.