Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 9:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default l can create a new "downloads " folder in my game?
I have located 160 files with errors in my "downloads" folder, and these files just break my game when I am playing in a specific family (I'll call them family1 as an example) ( I do not want to delete these files definitively)
But when I play in another different family (the family2) this does not have any problem in my game, so I had the idea to separate these files in different folder so I can deleted them from my game when l want just to play in the "family2".

l hope you can understand me

l have other question
If I resolve to create a new downloads folder, one of the files of the 160 files will still appear in my lots even if they are in a different location?

Thank you :lovestruc xoxo
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 10:16 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 18th Jul 2017 at 11:04 PM.
if certain downloads are ok with any family, then the problem would not be those downloads.

probably remove "family1". the moreawesomethanyou site has a tutorial on how to safely remove characters; I do not remember the exact link.

edit:: not sure if the game would recognize additional "downloads" folders.
but with Nightlife or later installed, the game would recognize sub-folders.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 11:28 PM Last edited by wthrwthoutyu : 19th Jul 2017 at 12:38 AM.
If you have mods that glitch with one specific family, try moving the family out of their lot and into a new one. The problems may be with the lot, not the family or the mods.

You can have a second Downloads folder (as many as you like), but every time you want to play with a different bunch of mods, you have to switch the Downloads folder to the one with the mods you want, before you start the game. Also remember that both Download folders need to contain copies of essential mods (like nounlinkondelete, nocorruptdeath and any NPCs from NPC generating CC.)

The only thing you probably can't do is have two Folders with the path C:\\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads at the same time.

C:\\...\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\Downloads would probably work just fine, but all the mods/cc in both folders would be loaded when starting the game, just like a folder named EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\Didgeridoo\.

Mods/CC that aren't in your Downloads folder when you start the game will not be present during play. And you can't add a mod/cc while the game is running - they only load when the game is started up.

If you remove a mod that you think is causing problems and you still have the problem, that mod probably isn't the cause.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 11:35 PM
Explain what you mean by 'break'.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~