Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 3:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Have neighborhood file but it will not show up in game
Hi all,
So I have the sims 2 ultimate collection. I made a town called "Glover Hill" but due to CC corruption, the town was deleted.
So I made a new Glover hill town. I downloaded InSIMenator and somehow the old town which had been deleted came back but my new Glover Hill. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact they're called the same name. I have the file for the new Glover hill but anytime I put it into the neighborhood section of the sims 2 file, only the old town shows up. I don't know how to replace the old town with the new one.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 3:57 PM
First, this belongs better in Sims 2 Help. Don't worry too much about it, just something to keep in mind for next time. Here's the link: http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Anyways, the two neighborhoods being called the same name doesn't matter - if you actually open up your save folder you'll see that they have different numbers. Weird issue, though. What operating system are you on?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
First, this belongs better in Sims 2 Help. Don't worry too much about it, just something to keep in mind for next time. Here's the link: http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Anyways, the two neighborhoods being called the same name doesn't matter - if you actually open up your save folder you'll see that they have different numbers. Weird issue, though. What operating system are you on?

Oh; I'm sorry about that!
I'm on Windows 8.1 and the operating system is 64 bit.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 5:38 PM
First make the My Doc folder for Sims 2 both read and write.

Next delete the "NeighborhoodManager.package" in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods folder.

Next delete all cache files in the "C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder.

Now start up your game and all hoods should show up unless the internal ID number is the same to another hood then both will not show up.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
First make the My Doc folder for Sims 2 both read and write.

Next delete the "NeighborhoodManager.package" in C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods folder.

Next delete all cache files in the "C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder.

Now start up your game and all hoods should show up unless the internal ID number is the same to another hood then both will not show up.

Hi,
I tried this and it didn't work unfortunately

Edit: I also removed all CC from my files to see if they were causing the problem; still the same.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 9:32 PM
It sounds like the windows protection in that your My Doc folder for Sims 2 is set to read only and you need to change it to read and write.

One more thing to try is to remove the Sims 2 folder from My Doc and place it on the desktop and go into origin and right click on the Sims 2 UC icon and do a repair on it and then start up your game, the game will gen up a new Sims 2 folder and in there place you hood in the right folder and see if it shows up.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 11:41 PM
Nope
I've deleted the old neighborhood that kept showing up. I did all of the things above, and still no change.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmamgw14
Nope
I've deleted the old neighborhood that kept showing up. I did all of the things above, and still no change.

After you delete the neighborhood, empty the recycle bin to make sure its 100% gone. I don't know if it will help, but its worth a shot.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 7:07 PM
Emptying the recycle bin won't do a thing.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 4:22 AM
Have you tried completely regenerating your Sims 2 folder? Kind of drastic, but desperate times and all.

-This has to happen outside the game, in Windows explorer, so make sure the game is not running.
-Make a backup copy of Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\. The whole thing, in one backup. (I'd .zip it.) Put it someplace safe.
-Now in Windows explorer, delete the entire Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ folder. The entire thing. If you have no other EA games storing data in Documents\EA Games\, you can delete at the EA Games folder.
-Start the game. It will generate a completely new EA Games\The Sims 2 folder, fully reset, with brand new copies of the pre-made neighborhoods (which you can delete from inside the game, if you don't want them.)

Add your essential mods, start the game and check to see if your old buggy Glover Hill is gone. It really should be.

Once this is done, you can exit the game and put your neighborhoods and CC in your brand new Sims 2 folder, along with your newer Glover Hill.

If that doesn't work, open your new Glover Hill with SimPE and see if you can find proof that it is the new Glover Hill and that you didn't accidentally lose the new one and have been re-adding the old by mistake (sounds like something I would do, actually.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 5:15 AM
Moving to help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wthrwthoutyu
Have you tried completely regenerating your Sims 2 folder? Kind of drastic, but desperate times and all.

-This has to happen outside the game, in Windows explorer, so make sure the game is not running.
-Make a backup copy of Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\. The whole thing, in one backup. (I'd .zip it.) Put it someplace safe.
-Now in Windows explorer, delete the entire Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ folder. The entire thing. If you have no other EA games storing data in Documents\EA Games\, you can delete at the EA Games folder.
-Start the game. It will generate a completely new EA Games\The Sims 2 folder, fully reset, with brand new copies of the pre-made neighborhoods (which you can delete from inside the game, if you don't want them.)

Add your essential mods, start the game and check to see if your old buggy Glover Hill is gone. It really should be.

Once this is done, you can exit the game and put your neighborhoods and CC in your brand new Sims 2 folder, along with your newer Glover Hill.

If that doesn't work, open your new Glover Hill with SimPE and see if you can find proof that it is the new Glover Hill and that you didn't accidentally lose the new one and have been re-adding the old by mistake (sounds like something I would do, actually.)

Hi,
I opened the file with SimPE and I discovered that my new Glover Hill was indeed in the file I have in my documents. However I also discovered that the sims and lots created are spread out through two different files N004 and N005 (N005 is an old custom neighborhood I thought I had deleted). Is it possible to move sims to another neighborhood with simPE?
Thank you again!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 2:02 PM Last edited by maxon : 27th Jul 2017 at 11:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by emmamgw14
Hi,
I opened the file with SimPE and I discovered that my new Glover Hill was indeed in the file I have in my documents. However I also discovered that the sims and lots created are spread out through two different files N004 and N005 (N005 is an old custom neighborhood I thought I had deleted). Is it possible to move sims to another neighborhood with simPE?
Thank you again!

No - that sounds really borked. I'd delete the lot and start again.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:58 PM
Hi all,
So using SimPE and Body shop, I extracted two Sim files from one of the neighborhoods. I installed it using the Sims2pack Clean Installer but I cannot find the Sims in game.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 11:47 PM
They'll be in the Sim Bin in CAS.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 12:06 AM
Make sure you look in the correct category. Sims who are saved as adults can only be found when CAS is set to adult, children only when set to children, men when set to men, etc.
One of the most frustrating things I've done is cloned sims as YAs and then tried to build them in CAS. YAs only show up in Create-a-Student in University subhoods. I had to reopen Bodyshop and reclone them to change the age.
Also, sometimes the thumbnails screw up and show the wrong sim! If you don't think you see them, click on each thumbnail marked with a custom * in turn to double check.
You directed them to go to SavedSims, yes? In certain game configurations of AGS I've found I have to place them in Downloads. So if all else fails, try that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)