Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 6:18 PM
Default This exact piece of CC (clothes) won't show up in my game.
These clothes won't show up in CAS or Bodyshop no matter what I do. They don't show up in the catalogue at all, even if my downloads folder is completely empty and they are the only items in it. They don't show up as wrong recolours (you know when the mesh is missing and the catalogue shows you just plain maxis clothes instead.) And other recolours of these meshes work.

What can be the problem?
Can anyone playtest them just to know if it's my game or it's something with files?

Thanks a lot.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 8:11 PM
I downloaded them and try to install them with CleanInstaller. See the picture
I think that could be the problem
Screenshots
Alchemist
#3 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 8:20 PM
sim parts not showing in Bodyshop might be due to them not being compatible with current packs.

or if you do have content's required packs, maybe some other content is blocking it.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 10:11 PM
@cadavre: If Clean Installer labels something as "Incomplete BodyShop Project", it usually means that the package file doesn't have the Binary Index and [Text Lists] resources. For something that's not a default, that happens when the creator takes the package from the Projects folder rather than the SavedSims folder, and it's a problem because the Binary Index has the data that tells the game or Body Shop where to display the item.

Short form, they're not showing up in CAS and Body Shop because there's nothing that tells CAS and Body Shop where to show them, so it doesn't show them at all.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 11:48 PM
They took the package file out of the bodyshop project files and uploaded it instead of saved sims files most likely.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 12:12 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Jul 2017 at 12:22 AM.
Yup. Bodyshop project files usually lack the "Binary Index" file (the one with the Sortindex line that tells the game where in the catalog to put the item, among other things) and "Text Lists" so they're somewhat easy to spot if you've got SimPE or the S2CI.

Fixing it is easy enough, but you'll need SimPE to do it. You have to extract the textures with SimPE (both the texture without the alpha, and the alpha), and you'll need the original outfits belonging to the meshes (not 100% necessary, but it's easier).

Then make a new project in Bodyshop using the proper texture/mesh, copy/paste the textures, and do "Import to game". The files will appear in SavedSims (the files in the Project folder are NOT suited for the game, and won't show up). Repeat with the rest of the outfits.

I can make a simple step-by-step tutorial if you need that. If you don't want to do it yourself, I suggest you post a request at a site that takes requests (GoS is one), and that you do the job of finding the original outfits first.

It is possible to link a proper SavedSims file to the mesh (you can't use the project files) and fix them that way, but that can be a bit more work, and requires the person doing it to have more extended SimPE knowledge. To do this, you need to know how to link a finished mesh to a texture file, and how to extract textures properly with SimPE.