Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:42 AM
Default sims 2 no messy eating mod?
where can i find the no mess eat mod and also the mod that makes it so you don't get fat from eating?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 3:47 AM
This one is eat more, talk less, which makes them stop eating once hunger bar is full and they don't get fat. It explains about personality traits that affect it. I use this and don't see a problem. http://modthesims.info/d/94886

http://modthesims.info/d/497943

Or this one called No flying food. http://affinitysims.com/files/file/...ng-food-in-ts2/

Only use one of these and I would suggest you wait a bit for a few other opinions on which might be best to suit you or be more updated. I use one these but I'm sure there are more of them around. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 3:50 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 5:21 AM
@Duine do you know if that eat more mod is compatible with other food mods like put away left overs? I've never heard of it before but it sounds like it actually makes sims eating habits make sense.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 7:29 AM
I'm not Duine, but it sounds to me a lot like Pescado's noeatcrap (or Cyjon's version of it), and those work fine with leftovers and such. I've got noeatcrap in my game at the moment (though I want to tweak some things about it) and it works fine with Mog's Simply Leftovers, if that's the leftovers mod you have.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 7:38 AM
I don't have noeatcrap or any other mod like that. I did have Mog's but may have switched to BO's, I can't remember.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 8:14 AM
Noeatcrap does a lot of things that I don't necessarily want it to do, like reducing the amount of talking that Sims do when eating together. (Generally speaking, if I go to the effort of orchestrating a family meal -- which I don't often do; generally when someone's hungry they make something for themselves or grab leftovers; they'll only make a meal if everyone's hungry enough to eat -- they damn well better talk to each other!) It also prevents them from eating spoiled food, which I don't want to nuke because it amuses me. But it also makes it so that Sims stop eating when they're full, unless they're lazy, in which case they will overeat. *I* want a mod that makes them stop eating when they're full regardless of their Active level. It's not that I have anything against fat Sims so much as I'd like to prevent absolutely everyone from being fat simply because they live in a neighborhood where all the food is nice and fresh and sparkly. (Yes, I know there's a mod to get rid of the boost from fresh food. I don't want that, either. I'm picky. ) I'd just manually make some Sims fat, if it seems like they should be. (Female Sims look better "fat," anyway.) So, yeah, I wanna tweak it. The problem is that I don't yet really understand BHAVs yet, so...Well, for the moment I just live with noeatcrap. I'd try the one Duine linked to instead, but it seems like it does pretty much the same thing only with more of a gradient to the determination as to whether or not a Sim will overeat. (I think with noeatcrap it's just a threshold - Anyone with less than 5 or 6 Active points will overeat. Everyone else won't.)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 8:40 AM
'Fat' female sims look curvey, 'fat' male sims I don't like, the shape just looks weird to me. That said they still have to either roll a get fit want or autonomously work out since I wont make them unless it's needed for their job.

How much talking does this mod stop? I like talking except very neat+very outgoing sims can take half a day to eat with others. yeah, I figured noeatcrap would do other things seeing it's a Pescado mod. I would like sims to stop eating when they are full since watching them with sparkly food gets tiresome. So I am in two minds about this mod if it cuts back talking too much. I would rather only sloppy sims eat green food.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 9:01 AM
To me, "fat" female Sims look like normal women. The others look like stickdolls. Fat male Sims...Well, they kind of went to extra-special effort to make them look dumpy, but to me they look more pregnant than fat.

Noeatcrap seems to stop most of the talking. I don't really like it. I'm trying to decide which I dislike more, actually: No talking or monitoring how full Sims are as they eat and manually making them stop when they're full or just saying "screw it" and letting everyone be fat and happy OR finally disciplining myself to work through tutorials about BHAVs (although even if I do that, there's no guarantee that I'll actually "get it.") so that I can make something that does what I want it to do and nothing else. So far, I haven't decided which of all of those is the least of the evils.

I might try the mod Duine linked to instead and see if it A) works with the leftovers mod and B) Doesn't nuke talking quite as much.

ETA: OK, I just looked at the newer comments on the mod, and people said that it doesn't work with newer EPs...although I take such comments with a grain of salt because sometimes they WILL work if you fiddle with load order and such, but still...Yeah, it might not work in a full game.

Theorist
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Duine do you know if that eat more mod is compatible with other food mods like put away left overs? I've never heard of it before but it sounds like it actually makes sims eating habits make sense.

Sorry, I don't really know if they work together.

The talk less part doesn't stop discussions, it just makes them finish a meal faster by taking more bites in between chatting than default. I have noticed they still have conversations amongst whoever else is there.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.