Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2023 at 9:06 AM
Default Suggestion: Don't cache 401 responses
Every once in a blue moon the site randomly logs me out, and usually when it does that I'm viewing some page that can only be viewed when I'm logged in, so I get a 401 response and have to log back in. That's fine. Unfortunately, this error response then seems to be cached so that every time I return to that page I get an error message telling me to log in, and if I actually want to see it I have to log in again, even though I am already logged in. I'm sure I could probably clear the cache by messing around in settings, but it would be really cool if the site worked like every other site and just didn't cache error responses at all. Thanks.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 6th Nov 2023 at 11:31 AM
Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. I've adjusted the standard error page (which is used to show permission denied messages) to output an HTTP 401 response rather than an HTTP 200. I couldn't see any actual notes on a 401 response in the existing code though, so if you have a screenshot of a page where that shows up, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Nov 2023 at 9:44 PM
Oh, I mean the Permission Denied page, I assumed that was just your 401 error page.