Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#426 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 9:47 PM
Aww thanks guys

@Lana: OMG i did not know that.... that will make my pics better

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#427 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 10:26 PM Last edited by sleepyrose : 8th Aug 2010 at 11:12 PM.
Here are the pictures of the new family I made. Unfortunately they won't fit in one post, so i'll post all the members seperately.

They are called the Ventura family and I still have to make a summary of their story. Basically it's a couple who are in a marriage crisis, since the husbands mother moved in. Please let me know what you think of them.

This is Massimo Ventura:

Traits:
Couch Potato, Family Oriented, Frugal, Grumpy, Handy

LTW: The Tinkerer

Favs: Cheesesteak, Classical, Blue

Job: Business - Report Processor - level 3

Massimo had a midlife crisis after his mother moved in. But instead of seeking thrills, he now prefers to watch tv and enjoy being pampered by his mother. He got demoted at work twice, because his mother alway calls him when she bakes her famous cheesesteak. Massimo's wife is really upset with him, because he never wants to go out anymore and he doesn't care about his health. The complaining makes Massimo very grumpy, because he's happy on the couch. The only other thing that makes him happy is tinkering on the car with his son.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#428 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 10:41 PM
Bianca Ventura

Traits: Athlectic, Hot-Headed, Light Sleeper, Neat, Snob

LTW: Perfect Mind, Perfect Body

Favs: Fruit Parfait, French, White

Job: Athletic - Starter - level 6

Bianca doesn't like getting older. That's why she loves to work out and eat healthy. Bianca also loves her big house and she wants to keep it clean so everybody who comes to visit will compliment the place. But lately this has been very hard. Her husband, Massimo took his mother Bernadetta in, without even asking her. Bernadetta is very forgetful and turned the place into a pigsty. Bianca doesn't recognise the man she married anymore, because Massimo turned into a sloth. She's also loosing sleep, because her husband keeps telling her she can't buy anymore clothes.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#429 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 10:51 PM
Maurizio Ventura

Traits: Couch Potato, Handy, Neurotic, Bookworm

Favs: Hamburger, Electronica, Purple

Job: none

Maurizio is caught in the middle of all the fighting between his parents. It makes him very neurotic and he escapes in his books and tv shows all the time. He also loves to smash objects with hammers, to vent his anger. Luckily these objects often improve because of that.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#430 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 11:00 PM
Marcellina Ventura

Traits: Athletic, Grumpy

Favs: Pancakes, Pop, Lilac

Marcellina will trough a tantrum when she doesn't get what she wants. But her mother doesn't mind, because she's sure Marcellina will become a famous athlete one day. Her father also loves her very much, and eventhough she can be just as grumpy as he is, Massimo keeps wondering why Marcellina looks nothing like him.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#431 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 11:10 PM
Bernadetta Ventura

Traits: Absent-Minded, Family-Oriented, Inappropriate, Natural Cook, Slob

LTW: Culinary Librarian

Favs: Cobbler, Latin, Pink

Job: retired, Culinary - Pastry Cheff - level 6

After Bernadetta retired, she burned down her house, because she forgot to turn the stove off. Her son Massimo picked her up to come live with him. Bernadetta loves it when the whole family sits around the table to enjoy her cooking. She doesn't care about the mess she leaves behind, which often results in heated arguments with her daughter in law. In her eyes, Bianca is not good enough for her son. Bernadetta was brought up to believe that a woman who can't cook, will never be able to take care of her husband.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#432 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 7:15 PM
Hey sleepy, I love them (especially the stepmother) and that story made me smile

I think they have a good start but they can pushed even more, try maybe working more on the eyes and the facial sculpt? Try to take real people picture to get inspired, sometimes that helps.

Scholar
#433 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 7:16 PM
they look great, i also love the story. (:

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#434 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 7:24 PM
Thanks guys! Yes, they definitely need more work. I just wanted to know what you guys thought of them before I continued. But I think the town could do with a typical Itallian mama, that ony want to take care of her son, lol!

Tyu, I actually have one of your houses in mind for this family. I think it's lot 8.
Field Researcher
#435 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 11:03 PM
I love them and their stories are so wonderful

You can call me Tasia
Scholar
#436 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 2:02 AM
thats one of the bigger ones right?

(: im really excited my home is being used.

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#437 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:29 PM
Hey everyone sorry for being gone for awhile i was asked to make someone a Sims site lol and had to work on that i'm done and just have to get pics of the gypsys and name them their names are going to weird but awesome lol

You can call me Tasia
Scholar
#438 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 5:31 PM
sounds great! thats cool that you made someone a site though!

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#439 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 7:35 PM
Oh, I can't wait to see them, Tasia! I'm very curious what names you come up with

I don't have any updates on the Venturas yet, but I did move them into your house Tyu. That's an excellent place for them, because it's got plenty of stuff to fit their traits. There are some minor details I noticed. The shower at the ground floor needs to be turned around, in order to get access. And oddly enough, they think the back door (where the small pool is) is the main entrance. So they keep walking around the house. I haven't got a clue what caused this, other than you might have put the door at the back in first and then the front door.
Other than that, they're having a great time at that house!
Scholar
#440 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 8:17 PM
haha, good! i was having problems with the door too! however i never noticed the shower....hmmm...glad its going good though. (:

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#441 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 8:34 PM
this is the wrong thread but mehhh
you have to have the walls up, then select the front door, and tell the sims to use that the front door, its an option in the menu that comes up when you click on it. like you can upgrade the door and change the chime and stuff :D

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Forum Resident
#442 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 8:35 PM
Those showers are a pain! You can only put something next to it, if the doorknob faces the sim directly. Appartently the can't open the door from the side, lol!
If you think it's ok to have this family live there, would it be a problem for you to change one of the double beds for 2 singles. Otherwise granny has to sleep with her grandson, lol. And instead of 2 cribs, have 1 cirib and a single bed. Granny might not be dead yet when the todller grows up, and then she won't have a bed. Hopefully this isn't too much to ask! But I wouldn't if I didn't like the house so much for them!

EDIT: Craig, I know and it won't be a problem if you play the house. But I don't think the people who play a different household will have that option. Not that it's not a huge problem, but when you visit this house you'll have to hike around it, which costs about 15 sims minutes, lol!
Forum Resident
#443 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 9:48 PM
Thanks very much, Tyu! That would be wonderful. Don't worry, there's no rush to it at all.
Scholar
#444 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 9:57 PM
well, haha, hope you didnt have to wait too long. (: haha. i got everything fixed, and i made a few minor cosmetic changes inside. (: let me know if you even notice them lol! Is there anything else? because i only want to upload once.

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#445 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 10:17 PM
Lol! You finished it already??? No I don't think anything else is needed. Shower turned, swich doors and 3 single beds, that was it. Maybe a potty for the tod, but players can also buy that themselves.
Thanks very much!
Scholar
#446 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 10:25 PM
i will find a place for that,

Tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#447 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 11:30 PM
Well i got an update for the gyspy husband lol and this is him so far

now i'm off to think of some creative names for them... he will have a normal name though

You can call me Tasia
Forum Resident
#448 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 12:31 AM
Tasia, he's so cute! I love his eyebrows and the smile on his lips. Looks like he's thinking of something funny.
Scholar
#449 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 1:13 AM
your right rose! it makes him look kind as well to me, ?(:

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#450 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 11:40 AM
Thanks i wanted him to be as normal as possible to set the difference between his gyspy wife who he doesn't believe in and just thinks she's crazy lol

You can call me Tasia

Page 18 of 21