Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#16126 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 1:09 AM
The CC is moved into the Downloads folder, but the lot remains in the Teleport folder until the game is next launched.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#16127 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 3:05 AM
Very random question here.... Lately I've been deleting some CC that had doubles in the downloads folder; and also wondered if the Png. images in the SC4 Terrains can be safely deleted ?
Leaving the actual SC4 file behind, of course.
Was trying to eliminate any extra clutter that might not be needed ... and can help the game run faster.
Tia.

" Inama Nushif "
Alchemist
#16128 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 3:29 AM
Thanks.
The game uses those pictures as preview shots when you're choosing terrains for new hoods, so if you delete them, you'll obviously break the previews, but the game will still run and you'd still be able to generate new terrains.
Mad Poster
#16129 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:18 PM
Aside from what omglo said, unless you have a couple thousand of them, deleting the png files would have a negligible effect on loading times. I wouldn't bother. I suggest checking this out instead; I've cut my loading time nearly in half.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#16130 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 6:41 PM
Can some kind soul tell me what the path is for installing a Downtown Neighborhood is in the Ultimate Collection?

For installing a downtown it says to "Put in your -INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate folder." But they don't have a Nightlife Folder..

Also what is the path for the Shopping Neighborhoods?

In case you are all wondering I need the information for someone else.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Instructor
#16131 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Can some kind soul tell me what the path is for installing a Downtown Neighborhood is in the Ultimate Collection?

For installing a downtown it says to "Put in your -INSTALL LOCATION-\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate folder." But they don't have a Nightlife Folder..

Also what is the path for the Shopping Neighborhoods?

In case you are all wondering I need the information for someone else.

The directory to Downtown template for the UC is "ProgramFiles(86)\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\EP2\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate"

For Shopping Districts, it's: "ProgramFiles(86)\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\EP3\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate"

Hope that helps.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Top Secret Researcher
#16132 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
The directory to Downtown template for the UC is "ProgramFiles(86)\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\EP2\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate"

For Shopping Districts, it's: "ProgramFiles(86)\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Best of Business\EP3\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate"

Hope that helps.

@monijt1 Yes it helps a lot.

You confirmed what I thought were the paths, I asked her what folders she had and I though it was Double Deluxe and Best of Business, but I told her I would check for some help to make sure.

I did not want to give missinformation.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#16133 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 10:51 PM
If a Sim has savings in Monique's hacked computer and then unexpectedly dies, is there a way for their family to retrieve that money? The best I can think of for the time being is to keep a note of how much money's in there and then just cheat it in.

Mad Poster
#16134 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:07 PM
Modyourpanties...is it just ME, or is the site still not functioning?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#16135 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:56 PM
It's not - for a long time - I think there was some talk that it may be replaced sometime, @grammapat (
Instructor
#16136 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
If a Sim has savings in Monique's hacked computer and then unexpectedly dies, is there a way for their family to retrieve that money? The best I can think of for the time being is to keep a note of how much money's in there and then just cheat it in.

There's no way since a sim can't withdraw from another sim's bank account. It's best to keep notes.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Alchemist
#16137 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:49 PM
Really? I know you can transfer money into another account using the transfer money option. Can you not withdraw money the same way?

I know the transfer in works because I had Mortimer Goth transfer money into his toddler triplets' accounts when I wanted to start trust funds for them. Or is it that we can't know how much is in their using that method, and or if the transfer money works after a sim is dead?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#16138 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 6:13 PM
The bank account is in the pixel's name only. That does not allow anyone but the pixel to take it out or transfer it. That's why you have to make sure all funds are out of it before they die or else the money is lost.

Think of it this way: in RL, someone dies without a will, and the nearest heirs cannot touch any money until the probate court allows them access. It's not automatic.

The game does not have that option with funds stored off the lot. Only when the money is 'in' the family funds does it get dispersed. Make sure the bank accounts are either transferred to another pixel or the household before death, or else they're lost forever.

It would have been nice if there had been a 'joint account' option on Monique's bank, but since there isn't, there's not much you can do except keep an eye on the funds and take care of them properly.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#16139 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 9:40 PM
I'll just add a "financial" column to my spreadsheet and put it there.

Scholar
#16140 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 5:08 PM
Hoodchecker keeps throwing the same errors at me from the Sims in the Vacation hoods. Opal Raymond is one of them. They somehow have relations to Pollination Tech (NPC), Grim Reaper and Therapist. They always show up whenever I use the Hoodchecker after a play session. I'm also getting continuous "First Sim does not exist" and "Neither Sim exists".. No matter what hood I use, these are consistent. Should I be worried? My objects.package is safe in each install location, I checked & I also made sure they're read-only. I've fixed most of my Mod conflicts recently. Is it just my hoods'? I use clean templates from Tarlia.

Thanks all.
Alchemist
#16141 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 5:25 PM
Can terrain paints be bundled?
Alchemist
#16142 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Can terrain paints be bundled?
terrain paint = lot's ground cover ? bundled = merged into one file ?
if so on both, then yes it can be done.
Mad Poster
#16143 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 8:24 PM
@Fyren5 - I wouldn't worry too much about it unless other errors started popping up too, or weird wants and fears. Make sure to keep your hood backed up – I do so every rotation. If something blows up I don't lose too much.

Scholar
#16144 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
@Fyren5 - I wouldn't worry too much about it unless other errors started popping up too, or weird wants and fears. Make sure to keep your hood backed up – I do so every rotation. If something blows up I don't lose too much.

Mainly just "First Sim Does Not Exist" & "Neither Sim Exist" pop up really regularly, but the ones that are concerning me are the ones where Sims (appears to be only the vacation tourists) have relationships with NPCS like Pollination etc. I've never had those before. I also kept getting a lot of "Incorrect Subject Instance" within memories and stuff, is that a bad sign? It says "Fixed: Incorrect Subject Instance" and "Fixed: First Sim Does Not Exist has relationship with (insert a name here)" is that good? I backup fairly regularly to my 1TB External.
Mad Poster
#16145 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 8:55 PM
If it says "Fixed" don't worry about it. The program accumulates a certain amount of broken data all the time, and that's what the Hood Checker is for - to clean up as much of that programming dust as Mootilda knew how to clean up.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#16146 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 8:58 PM
Does anyone know what happened to @MogHughson? It says she hasn't been online in almost 7 years.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#16147 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 10:53 PM
On the batbox, you can view a Sim's IQ. Smart Milk and the Thinking Cap (amongst other things) both increase it, which makes them skill faster. Is there a way to decrease an individual Sim's IQ for slower skilling?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16148 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 11:14 PM
Just 'make stupid' on the batbox, which really means no smart milk effect. Also don't give them knowledge or tick the perk for faster skilling. As far as I know there is no way to dip below this baseline.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16149 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 11:25 PM
I was afraid of that. I'll just stick to the Blender's skill limiter.

Alchemist
#16150 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 3:43 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 25th Nov 2018 at 6:42 AM.
Is there a way to make employees wear certain accessories? I have one stubborn employee who won't wear the accessories I've set for her with her uniform.

Try one of the uniform fix mods, there is one by Chris Hatch and one uploaded to this site not that long ago.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 646 of 1346