Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on Yesterday at 4:46 PM
Replies: 3060 (Who?), Viewed: 355320 times.
Page 123 of 123
Lab Assistant
#3051 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 6:24 PM
[email protected], I got Civ V and now I understand the tree you use. XD The game is also addicting. lol

Check out my ToT neighborhood Tiempo Pasa. Last updated: November 8, 2016
Family Trees
Test Subject
#3052 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 9:10 PM
Finished another round! First gen 7 babies were born, both on the same day but different families
And 28 unmarried adult women. I think I'll have to build a retirement home soon when they turn into elders without getting married :D
Lab Assistant
#3053 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 11:12 AM
@iireke7 - Gen7?! Are you serious?! That's crazy! And did I just see something about 240 something sims? You definitely crazy. Somebody give this simmer an award , chop chop! Congratulations. Mega awesome (enviously wondering what Gen7 looks like...)

@oboesapien - I've just read your backstory and now everyone wave bye bye to my simmies who I just tossed out the window - restart baby, here I come again! (she's kidding, she just restarted.....) I'm totally not kidding (she's totally kidding).

Oh yeah btw, HI , me again, back again... nobody here knows me do they? I mean, just call me Newbie #2.

I'm always around, I'm a total lurker - who said they check in here ten times a day? was that you iireke7? High five!

I seriously restarted, and for the first time in my history of playing the sims I had a miscarriage before a single baby was born I don't even know... (it was totally her fault she is a tyrannical god-hand to her sims)

I'm not even gonna say it. Peace out all.

taliah~ (is back, peaches)
Test Subject
#3054 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:34 PM
@taliahneth - Yup! Right now it's up to 280 sims. But I'm pretty sure that when the Dark Ages hit, the number will go down really fast, because my sims get sick a lot.
How did you get a miscarriage? Do you have a mod or something? That would be interesting to use.

I'm getting a new PC soon, so I 'might' get Sims 4 and I don't know how actively I will be doing the ToT challenge, but I'm not going to uninstall Sims 2. I reallt love this challenge and I'm deteremined to finish it one day :D
Lab Assistant
#3055 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 1:08 AM
@iireke7 - I do! I have ACR & Inteenimater and I've had them so long I don't even remember what it was like to play without them... ? Oh my goodness. Congrats on the new PC. Sims 4 is amazing (yet somehow I still keep coming back to sims2?)

I just finished Round 1 YAY! I have 5 girls and 2 very lucky boys.... It's been a while since I've played a traditional Neanderthal Era (now we know why she changed it up so much) anyhoo~ Tots next round booyeah lets do this~

taliah~
Test Subject
#3056 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:30 PM
This challenge looks interesting!
Test Subject
#3057 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:47 PM
@LuckyFreckle Yees! Start it! Mwuahaha It actually is a lot of fun. Be prepared to spend a lot of time on it though
Feel free to modify the rules how you see fit. I think most of us here have made some changes to suit each person's playing style. There are no points, so nobody can win, so it doesn't really matter if you change a few things here and there
Test Subject
#3058 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 5:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iireke7
@LuckyFreckle Yees! Start it! Mwuahaha It actually is a lot of fun. Be prepared to spend a lot of time on it though
Feel free to modify the rules how you see fit. I think most of us here have made some changes to suit each person's playing style. There are no points, so nobody can win, so it doesn't really matter if you change a few things here and there

I am currently doing the decades challenge right now, but I'll be looking into this one next! I love historical type challenges!
Lab Assistant
#3059 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:40 PM
I had to take another break, just when I'd recovered my old ToT hood. But well, sometimes real life happens, what can you do...
So I haven't made much progress since I last wrote here. Still Roman, ruled by Gen 2, Gen 3 slowly taking over, Gen 4 watching carefully. I love this challenge and my hood. There is so much going on! (Btw I'm playing with InTeen, ACR and some small adaptions here and there. For example, I have a tax system and women can die at childbirth. Also, since the historical Roman Empire was very much about expansion and globalization, my sims can occasionally marry townies and some teens can go to university, if it fits the story.)

My first Roman Emperor is actually pretty weak as a ruler. He does have money though, which he uses for the town development. Also, the influential Gen 2 sims tend to like him. However, if any of the patricians really wanted to overthrow him, I doubt he could keep his place. Luckily, the patricians seem to be quite happy with their places in life.
But now Gen 3 is preparing to take over. The Emperor's firstborn son has been prepared for leadership his whole life. He is extremely well educated, he has built connections to the important families and now he is about to marry an equally - if not more so - ambitious girl. I'm so looking forward to those two. I wonder if they will take the crown soon, or wait until they actually inherit it.

There has been a scandal in one of the patrician households, when the senator discovered his wife's affair with one of the slaves. The slave has been executed afterwards.

The plebians are struggling to keep their shops and families alive. They seem to be hit the hardest by the tax system. I suppose the next emperor might want to adjust that somehow.

One of my absolute favorite households does not actually fit in any of the categories anymore, though. Right now, it's made of a slave(?) who no one dares to treat like one anymore, so he might as well officially be considered a plebian. Half the town is in love with him, but somehow he managed to avoid any scandals or fights. His one true love and companion is a plebian wizard. A pretty good one, too. So, honestly, with one of them being everyone's darling and with the other one a wizard, who could ever force them into the system? No one really wants to get on their bad side. At this point of time, they are raising two kids, one of them an illegitimate descendant of a patrician family, the other an alien offspring. And that's more or less just the top of the iceberg, of course.
Seriously, so. much. story. I'm having fun. :D

Oh, and btw, it seems my graphic card cant handle the game. Can you believe it? It's 2018! It's just TS2! Goodness...
Lab Assistant
#3060 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:37 PM
Also, I'll be changing the duration of the eras. The generations have increasing age differences within, inter-generational marriages will increase, too. So soon it's going to be a nightmare to keep track of each sim's generation number.

For the Roman age, I want to see at least three different emperors. The next transition can only take place if everyone born in stone age has died. I suppose that will more or less be the same duration as in the official challenge rules, but it makes things easier for me.
Field Researcher
#3061 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 2:35 AM
I love that some of you have reached Gen 7 That's amazing!! I've been a cheater and have been playing a different challenge for a while, I'd love to do both at the same time but the age limits are severely different and I hate switching back and forth! I wonder if there are any good mods to preserve the age settings between saves?

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog <3
Test of Time Challenge! Family Tree, Stats & Pics
Watch my Test of Time Challenge Let's Play on Youtube!
Page 123 of 123