Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 1532 (Who?), Viewed: 162585 times.
Page 62 of 62
Lab Assistant
#1526 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 12:46 AM

parenthood, ya know

You can spy on my sims on tumblr @ejsims
Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#1528 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 2:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezzyBoo
No! I picked a default for it too, and can't wait to see what it looks like

I chose the 'real' one - it's kind of nice to see it in game.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Scholar
#1529 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 3:53 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 11th Dec 2017 at 3:57 AM. Reason: answered the wrong question :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
RoxEllen: about the Memorial Painting...I ment I could not find the download by searching internet or MTS. I only vaguely remember what it is about. Can you point me to more info about what it does, etc. I have downloaded it.

Hang the memorial paintiing next to a grave or urn like in my picture. You can place a wall section in a grave yard to hang it on if you need it outside. When you take the game off of pause, the picture will display the portrait of the nearest dead sim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hatch
While I was working with cemeteries I decided I wanted a portrait of the deceased so I'd know who was who. The wall hanging (CJH_MemorialPainting.zip) will initialize itself when it begins to run it's main and take on the image of the deceased from the closest urn/tombstone to itself. If T&A or A&N is running then if the deceased is in heaven the frame will become white, otherwise it remains black. If T&A or A&N is not running then ladies get a white frame, men get black.

It is in the Wall Hangings part of the catalogue where it will appear as a plain blue picture with black frame.
Mad Poster
#1530 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 5:10 PM
Thanks RoxEllen. I DO need this, thanks! Although the examples are adults, I assume it "paints" them as they were when they died.

Namaste
Scholar
#1531 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 8:13 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 11th Dec 2017 at 9:07 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
Thanks RoxEllen. I DO need this, thanks! Although the examples are adults, I assume it "paints" them as they were when they died.

Yes, the painting will show the character's appearance as they were when they died. If you make the ghost selectable, their control panel portrait is the one that will show up in the painting. If you want the dead sim to have a specific look (a funeral suit, nicer hairstyle, etc.), you can teleport the dead sim onto a playable lot and give him/her a bit of a makeover before placing the painting.

I had to delete the paintings, teleport both Olivia and Claudio onto the lot, and use the batbox to Fix > Regenerate Portraiture. The original Maxis portraits saved in their files were terribly blurry.

EDIT: It works on community lots too! I added a picture of the Tricou graves in a default Downtown.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#1532 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 9:18 PM
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#1533 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 10:36 PM
Page 62 of 62