Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 8:10 PM
A realistic Bar Mitzvah?
Hi everyone! I am in need of some advice, because I have used up all my imagination to create a realistic Bar Mitzvah for my male Jewish Sims. I am Jewish myself, and have attended many Bar Mitzvahs, so I was wondering if anyone could help me create a realistic one on TS2.

I have Festive Holiday Stuff, so I have access to a limited range of Jewish decor, which is all Hanukkah themed anyway.

I am not talking the whole hog, because I doubt that's really possible for TS2. Just some advice to fuel my creativity! Thanks! :lovestruc
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 8:39 PM
Obviously you need to download kippot and the rabbi's suit for all the male guests to wear. I did a search for "jewish" and found the kippot, the rabbi career, the rabbi's suit with tallis, some really pretty jewelry, a torah, etc.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 8:49 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 11th Dec 2011 at 9:01 PM.
I'm thinking for the temple you would arrange chairs in front of a raised dias, have a wardrobe at the entrance for the prayer books, the shawls and the kippahs, tall windows, a table at the front of the dias for the Torah and a song book, perhaps. You might want a podium - either a download or the career award object. At the back of the podium, make a closet with doors on it to suggest that the Torah is behind it. Maybe there could be columns on either side of that?

There's teleporters out there (hacked item) to bring in guests. There are a couple of rabbi outfits at this site alone. here and here . Here's a Torah .
kippahs for the guests.

There's a ton of stuff here.

In the next room you could have it set up for a luncheon with a buffet, tables, chairs. You could have another room for the party itself with a dance floor and more eating places.

Is this the sort of thing you were looking for?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 11:36 PM
I'd like to see pictures of this if the OP would like to post them somewhere. I'm not Jewish and have never seen anything like this.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 6:34 PM
Thanks! This has helped a lot! And yes, I'll take some pictures, so maybe I could help other Simmers who are also thinking of doing the same thing! :lovestruc
Banned
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 8:31 AM
I love this. I'm not Jewish, but I love this.
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 7:24 PM
Please, if you get this together, post pictures, i'm not Jewish and i would like to see this too!

I wasn't always black... there was this freckle, and it got bigger and bigger.
Bill Cosby
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 2:16 AM
I'm not Jewish, but I have a Sim family in my game that I decided to make Jewish so thanks! This is awesome.
Test Subject
#9 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 8:38 PM
Oooh, this is something I've been trying to put together for my Jewish families as well but kind of gave up on several months ago because I wasn't sure where to get proper CC to help it along. I would also love to see pictures of the Bar Mitzvah. It's lovely to see that there is some Jewish-themed CC here on MTS though, I wasn't really aware of it somehow.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 9:40 PM
Hey everyone, I have taken pictures but I really don't know how to post them :S Sorry! I will soon because I know a few people want to see them!

Just had an awesome house party

ON THE SIMS
Mad Poster
#11 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by strawberrydreams123
Hey everyone, I have taken pictures but I really don't know how to post them :S Sorry! I will soon because I know a few people want to see them!

before you post a new post, scroll down and you will see something like "Upload Images" this is where you upload them.

when editing a post you will see some tabs, the one that says Attachments is the one where you click and upload using the same button.

or

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=581
Mad Poster
#12 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 3:35 AM
I can't wait to see what you came up with, Strawberry Dreams!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.