Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modular Skylight Kits

by DasMatze2 Posted 1st Mar 2012 at 1:15 AM - Updated 6th Mar 2012 at 11:41 AM by DasMatze2

140 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 1:21 AM
Thank you, these would be great for underground dwellings.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 2:26 AM
These are amazing!! Thank you so much!! And the ability to add patterns to the glass is a great touch simply brilliant thank you again!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 2:43 AM
Amazing! I can't wait to test them out.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 2:46 AM
Oh I'm so glad to see this is back thank you! I clicked on it a few days ago, but it said you had taken it down, I was SO disappointed! Thanks again...
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 2:56 AM
Amazing, I think you surpass EA in Build category. This would look awesome on Lunar Lake.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 2:59 AM
Are the old set no good? I haven't actually played since downloading them, and I didn't know the old post had been taken down. Should I delete those and download these instead?

Thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 3:31 AM
This looks good!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 3:37 AM
Ooohhh I'm so glad these are back!! Thank you thank you!!

I finally saw the glitch in the original set the other day, and had to go ahead and get rid of it as it was slowing down my computer. I haven't replaced them with something else in my Sim's house, so now I can put these back where they belong! YAY!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 3:39 AM
Thank you, this gives us more possibilities in building!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kittywulfe
Are the old set no good? I haven't actually played since downloading them, and I didn't know the old post had been taken down. Should I delete those and download these instead?

Thanks

At first the old set looked fine, to me. But after awhile I saw what others had reported. They would periodically send out this puff of dust or smoke, along with a scattering of leaves, or something like that. Very odd! My computer had a hard time processing smoke-like effects, so it gave my comp a hard time!
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Crystallyne
At first the old set looked fine, to me. But after awhile I saw what others had reported. They would periodically send out this puff of dust or smoke, along with a scattering of leaves, or something like that. Very odd! My computer had a hard time processing smoke-like effects, so it gave my comp a hard time!

Ah, I see. Thank you for replying. I guess I'll just replace the old files with the new, and hopefully I'll get a chance to try them out sometime soon!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 5:37 AM
WOW!!! Now this is awesome and useful.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 7:19 AM
REALLY good.Thanks a lot
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 7:25 AM
I'm so glad the upload is back, I was looking for it download yesterday and thought I've gone mad when I didn't find it. Thank you very much for uploading! It's very well done and versatile!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 8:13 AM
Thank you so much! They are genius. I'll use them a lot.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 8:30 AM
YAAAYYY!! THANK YOU! I was worried you might have run off with the wonderful skylights, lol! And they do look beautiful, I love the detail you put in, the bolts and everything!
Can't wait to get my biodome up again!

I was wondering though, I'm not sure how much work it is, but could you make one or two larger sized flat pieces maybe? My biodome looks a little overwhelming with all those little pieces.

I know, now you've gone and put up the whole set again, sorry, I wanted to ask before you took it down, but I was too late :P

Thanks again!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 9:13 AM
Saw these on the front page earlier this week and wondered where they went. I wondered if someone in the community would come out with something like this before EA. Now to test!

Hopefully when a "Seasons" type EP comes out these will be weather-proof.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 9:32 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 1st Mar 2012 at 3:08 PM. Reason: please read site rules regarding posting
These are crazy awesome!

Wonderful Job, downloading and playing with immediately!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 9:40 AM
amazing!

These little beauties are gonna be so handy
Thanks a Million!
dodgy builder
THANKS POST
#21 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 10:11 AM
Oh yea, I want some light in. More then 50%? I have to remember that. Great work, thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 11:17 AM
Awesome !!!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 11:23 AM
Glad to see you didn't give up on this. I just got Lunar Lakes and was thinking how good these would look there. What did you clone for them this time?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
I was wondering though, I'm not sure how much work it is, but could you make one or two larger sized flat pieces maybe?

I could but I'm afraid there will be too many pieces clogging up the buy menu since I was planning to create the same pieces as in set 1 but translated around 0.5 meters higher so you can combine set 1 and 2 for skylights two times as big. What sizes did you think of? 2x1? 2x2?

Quote: Originally posted by whoden
What did you clone for them this time?

Again the subway grate as it is the only object where the transparency worked as intended. But I learned how to replace it's function with the one of a different decorative item.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=DasMatze2]I could but I'm afraid there will be too many pieces clogging up the buy menu since I was planning to create the same pieces as in set 1 but translated around 0.5 meters higher so you can combine set 1 and 2 for skylights two times as big. What sizes did you think of? 2x1? 2x2?

Love these. To allow larger pieces without the buy menu exploding, what about including a collection folder? I know that the whole set will still be in the buy menu, but finding them would be a whole lot easier. That's what I do with the stuff that I want to use anyway; six collection folders for various things. Either way, these are amazing, thanks.
Page 1 of 6