Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 1:28 PM
Without ANY doubt Mel Calero's "Paper Doll" which soon will have it's last part (can't wait!). I even cried reading this! It's like someone has made me and my friend ina story!

Derange & SSChan's Omerta: Code of Silence - its pretty coool! Cuz of that story I got into all siming and storying stuff.

Lambert Legacy is really nice !

and I read A Sims Way of Life, but it ended!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 5th May 2011 at 8:17 AM
Where can I find a direct link to The Broke Legacy. I want to read it from the start and I can't find anywhere that's before Gen 4.4

"When darkness falls hope is a concept broken with suffering."
Field Researcher
#53 Old 6th May 2011 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aserette
Where can I find a direct link to The Broke Legacy. I want to read it from the start and I can't find anywhere that's before Gen 4.4

http://simgaroop.livejournal.com/624.html

Mad Poster
#54 Old 6th May 2011 at 11:27 PM
I have one here, "Second Chances," but I admit it's a bit rushed.

I'm just not sure how to write a Sim story...from a "realistic" point of view, or from a Sim point of view.

I used to write a ton of fanfic, way back long ago...like in the 90s....
Mad Poster
#55 Old 6th May 2011 at 11:47 PM
Ms. Spears, excuse my while I pinch your little cheeks...

There. That's my elder moment for the day. (The 90s are yesterday..) As far as how to write the story - different approaches will work with different stories. A story with a cowplant that devours Bigfoot in it needs a very different tone from one from which excludes all those weird elements. Step back and look at the story as a whole. If it's funny, is it funnier told with a straight face as if this were all normal, or from the stance that the world was normal until suddenly a cowplant intruded on it? If it's dramatic, what's the most heart-wrenching way you can deal with the cowplant?

Think about how you felt when you played the story out. It will help you find the correct tone. And believe it or not, there's no rule that says you have to post it until you're satisfied that you've found the right one; so you can rewrite certain key scenes until you're sure you've got the balance you want, then write or revise the rest of the story around it.

For the most part, you'll find it's almost exactly like writing fanfic, except you have more control over how people react to the characters.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 10:26 PM
Mostly legacys... anything with Don the Zombie in it! (Candi's Legacies)
Instructor
#57 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 7:57 AM
Personally, I'm waiting for Peni Griffin to write a sims story. Now THAT I would read.

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Instructor
#58 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 8:02 AM
I loved the Paper Doll story, too (although there were moments were I had to roll my eyes -- it felt too much like a soap opera). Anyhoo, the girl in my avatar was inspired by Irina xD

I really liked the Nightingale story-- it was a breath of fresh air from all the typical romance stories. It was about an evil twin sister. The writing was excellent. Too bad the author no longer continued writing it >__<
Mad Poster
#59 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 3:11 AM
Whoa, thank you for that, Ms. Lukas, but I'd have to do a cost/benefit analysis before I did that. Would the skills learned and publicity gained be worth the time and energy drain from my (at least potentially) saleable work? There's also the factor that it would change my leisure gameplay. At the moment I'm using the game for fooling around with stories that are too loose or silly to work on; and enjoying the privacy to put things into the captions that I'd rather not pop up when a 10-year-old googles me for a book report. Never put anything online that you're not willing to see in print with your name under it. I'm not ashamed of anything I'm doing in the game, mind; but I'm not ashamed of anything I do with my husband, either, and I don't exactly want all of that googled, either!

Not to mention, I take crappy pictures. I'm not saying I couldn't be talked into it, but it would require a higher level of demand than I have any reason to expect to see.

Still, I was in post-conference letdown and you cheered me right up, so thanks!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
I loved the Paper Doll story, too (although there were moments were I had to roll my eyes -- it felt too much like a soap opera). Anyhoo, the girl in my avatar was inspired by Irina xD

I really liked the Nightingale story-- it was a breath of fresh air from all the typical romance stories. It was about an evil twin sister. The writing was excellent. Too bad the author no longer continued writing it >__<

WHAT!? She did? She stopped writing it? Man, that was one of the best stories I've ever read at the Sims 2 website.

It doesn't matter if I'm a prince, king, or a nobody.I'll always be your knight who watches over and protects you, because you're my one and only princess, Alice.
-Lance from the Wonderland Days Sim Date by Pacthesis
Test Subject
#61 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 2:43 PM
Only story I've ever liked is the Paper Doll story
Scholar
#62 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 12:04 AM
Here's a shameless plug and a necromance to boot:

http://staedtlerlegacy.blogspot.ca/

I've just started a new TS2 random legacy, using some adapted rules from the TS3 version.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 5:15 PM
I love Reloading Stragetown by Ovenhole. It gives at a great look into Strangetown's past and it's really funny.
Instructor
#64 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 8:21 AM
Battle of the Bands. Because, ... well just "because"
Link Ninja
#65 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
Battle of the Bands. Because, ... well just "because"

Thank you so much for reading whoward!

I guess I will also suggest my favorite stories.

There was one amazing story called 'Deceived' by steph01423 on tumblr but she took it down because she is actually publishing it!
If machinima counts as sim stories, I'm currently digging the sims 2 story of 'Mafia Boss' by angelbeam19 on youtube

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Page 3 of 3