Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 4:25 AM
Default Custom Traits that could change your game for better or worse
My Suggestions:

Anime Fan: Conflicts with Weeaboo. They can watch anime from the Tv and the computer, and read manga from the bookshelf. They will get a high moodlet from doing so, unless the anime or manga is absolutely horrible. They can talk about Anime and Manga to other sims, but only if the sim they talk to has the Anime Fan or Weeaboo trait. They can cosplay and admire other sim's cosplays, but will get a negative moodlet if someone cosplays a character inaccurately. This does not mean every cosplay they do will be accurate, however.

Weeaboo: Conflicts with Anime Fan. Very similar to an Anime Fan, but harder to deal with. They will autonomously talk about anime and manga to all sims even if they don't even like anime, and will also constantly praise Katanas the same way. They can also hug or "glomp" any sim even if they don't know them, and have the custom interaction "Hug Multiple Times" in which they would hug the same sim at least 3 or 4 times in a short span of time. Naturally they can really creep out other sims. They will be able to cosplay characters like Anime Fans can, yet there is a higher chance the cosplay will be inaccurate.

Disturbing: This sim loves to talk about disturbing topics such as eating small children and the smell of decaying bodies in the morning. This sim will autonomously take out spoons from their back pockets and lick them with a wide eyed expression on their face. They will be able to stare at sims in order to creep them out, and will even lick their lips if the sim catches on to the act. A Disturbing sim can play with dolls, yet will always begin to twist the doll's head around like it is possessed. Sometimes they will be able to caress stranger's faces and laugh. It is assumed Disturbing sims are only acting this way to troll other sims, yet this isn't exactly known for sure.

What traits would you make in order to change sim's lives for the better or worse?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 5:11 AM
Oh my God I want the disturbed trait so badly.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 5:16 AM
Weirdo: (conflicts with Cool Guy/Gal) These sims are always creeping others out. They will talk about odd subjects such as a kid's tv show, or rank your foot odor in the mornings. Sims often get the 'Weirdo' (moodlet I would make!) moodlet from socializing with them.
Nerd: (conflicts with Cool Guy/Gal) These sims love to do electronic things, such as browse the web or play a video game. They often excel at school and work and get promotions faster. They have multiple custom interactions, and sims with the traits 'Genius' 'Nerd' 'Weirdo' 'Socially Awkward' 'Bookworm' and 'Computer Whiz' will get a positive moodlet. Sims with the 'Cool Guy/Gal' or 'Technophobe' traits will get a negative moodlet.
Cool Guy/Gal: (conflicts with Nerd, Weirdo) These sims have an easier time socializing, and excel at the 'Professional Sports' career. They build up the 'Jock' social group faster. They also build the athletic skill faster and sims will autonomously watch them exercise, play pool, have a drink/snack or build up any skills.
Father/Mother: These sims are the best parents around. They have an increased chance of having multiples and children will not suffer a relationship loss from being punished, but rather get a small boost as they understand that it's to make them a better person. These sims also excel at the 'Daycare' career, and get a discount at hiring babysitters.
Survivor: (conflicts with Indoor Person) These sims are born to survive! Their needs go down slower and they have an increased chance of getting fish or harvesting good plants. They will find a way to sleep on the ground at any time, and they can share tips for survival with other sims. They also get a relationship boost with dogs.
Indoor Person: (conflicts with Survivor) These sims have lived indoors for most of their lives, and know nothing about camping or living outdoors. They are terrible at gardening, fishing or collecting. They get a bad moodlet from sleeping in a sleeping bag, and being outside at all. Sometimes they will even skip work to not go outdoors.
Criminal: (conflicts with Good) These sims are amazing at crimes! As children and teens, they will rarely get caught for pranks, and as adults, with spray paint or working as a 'Criminal'. They will be able to 'brag about crimes' to other sims, and will get a large relationship boost with other Criminals, or Evil sims. They will become enemies with Good sims.

So many...

scooby dooby don't
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Oh my God I want the disturbed trait so badly.
Your everywhere aren't you?

scooby dooby don't
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 6:14 AM
Awkward-Imperfectionist
This Sim walks on his toes and can't go anywhere without a bottle of water. They sniff or smell everything and everyone and are often seen with strays following Them. Their incessant fidgeting and always touching their face or head gives everyone around them the Annoyed moodlet.
#6 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 6:58 AM
I'll go for Unnecessarily Loud trait - this person eats noisily insomuch as he scrapes his plate with his silverwear, sneezes loudly, walks loudly, makes way too much unnecessary noise doing anything, makes curious grunts when doing 'sitting down potty', this sim doesn't laugh he shrieks like a hyena and is prone to spontaneous singing (off key and using the wrong lyrics) - sadly all sims around him get the *If He Does That Once More Imma Kill Him And I Don't Care If I Do Time For It* moodlet.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
I'll go for Unnecessarily Loud trait - this person eats noisily insomuch as he scrapes his plate with his silverwear, sneezes loudly, walks loudly, makes way too much unnecessary noise doing anything, makes curious grunts when doing 'sitting down potty', this sim doesn't laugh he shrieks like a hyena and is prone to spontaneous singing (off key and using the wrong lyrics) - sadly all sims around him get the *If He Does That Once More Imma Kill Him And I Don't Care If I Do Time For It* moodlet.

I so want that!

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Alchemist
#8 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 9:07 AM
Oh my god I never realized we needed a Disturbing trait so badly. Maybe then my serial killers would actually act like (stereotypical) serial killers instead of just stealing candy from babies and insulting random people on the street.
Survivor would be awesome for an Explorer sim, too.
Unnecessarily Loud would probably make me turn off the volume of sims' voices, but it sounds great.

I'd want a Believer/Gullible trait. A B/G sim would believe absolutely everything another sim tells them, without questioning anything. For example, another sim gossips with B/G sim about someone, and B/G sim rolls a wish to do something. BUT if it turns out the gossip is false*, then B/G sim will ruin the whole situation, ruin some relationships and get a "Humiliated" moodlet that lasts for at least 24 hours.
They can also be easily scammed into donating for fake causes and joining shady organizations and are easy targets for pranking.
They could also believe in various strange things (aliens, supernatural beings etc.) and try to convince other sims about it, who won't believe them unless an alien/SN being etc. is on the same lot as them. Otherwise they'll get the "Creeped Out" moodlet

* this would be so great to have, imagine Evil and Mean Spirited sims spreading fake gossip on purpose!
Instructor
#9 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
They could also believe in various strange things (aliens, supernatural beings etc.) and try to convince other sims about it, who won't believe them unless an alien/SN being etc. is on the same lot as them. Otherwise they'll get the "Creeped Out" moodlet

Ugh, this would be so perfect for my paranormal investigator sims Now I'm sad that these don't exist
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 4:15 PM Last edited by zigersimmer : 21st Mar 2015 at 5:26 PM.
Never whines at pathing
Eats when hungry without whining
Uses bathroom when bladder is full without whining
Goes to bed when tired without whining
Punctual

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Instructor
#11 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 5:13 PM
Is there Custom Trait Tool for TS3 like TS4?

Is it possible to make?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 11:16 PM
The "Clingy" trait would be good.

Autonomously calls/texts Sims they know to check up on them, even if that Sim is at school/work. Always stay within a certain radius of their partner or closest friends. Get jealous whenever their friends or partner talk to other Sims.

I could go on, really, but that's the gist.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WingedCat
Your everywhere aren't you?

I am.

I am like when a nearby farm does muck spreading and you can't get rid of the smell no matter what.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:38 AM
I am.

I am like when a nearby farm does muck spreading and you can't get rid of the smell no matter what.

There should be an "Always There" trait.. Always.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 2:27 PM
I am.

eww... that description tho...

scooby dooby don't
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 5:57 PM
Note: The Weeaboo trait differs from the anime trait mainly in social skills. I've noticed real life Weeaboos don't have these social inhibitions that other people might have. I honestly regard the Weeaboo trait as a younger or less mature version of the anime fan trait, or at the very least a version with much less social skills.

For example, I don't think most Weeaboos mean to sound racist and mocking to Japanese people or be annoying to other people, yet they are either too young or to inexperienced to avoid acting that way. Sims with the Anime Fan trait might be more mature, but also a little uptight compared to Weeaboos since they want to avoid the negative classification of Weeaboo. This is why they may get such a negative moodlet from an inaccurate cosplay. (Cosplay is very expensive and inaccurate cosplays are usually a lot cheaper to make than accurate ones, so Anime Fan sims might spend a lot more on cosplay to prove themselves as a true fan.)

They are not perfect by any means, and neither may have exactly the same amount of social skills as a sim who doesn't have their trait.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89

Omigod I seriously would love to have this trait in the game... This seems so doable!!!! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#18 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 10:12 PM
I'd like to see traits that represent personality points like in ts1 and 2. The way ea coded the ts2 personality you would only need to make 3 traits per categor low, neutral, high. For example a nice trait could be low which makes you'd sim mean. Then if you want you could spice it up with evil. So having a mean sim and a mean evil sim would be totally different

I always thought that combining both personality point and traits would be interesting. I have recently been playing ts2 and have enjoyed combining these two, by giving sims a trait, even if the trait doesn't effect how the game treats the sim, but it effects my gameplay
Mad Poster
#19 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 12:40 AM
"Doesn't Want Children" - different from "Dislikes Children" in that sims with that trait will not want to have children, but won't get negative moodlets from being around children. They will, however, get a negative moodlet from being pregnant. There are some people who like children but don't want to have any of their own.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
"Doesn't Want Children" - different from "Dislikes Children" in that sims with that trait will not want to have children, but won't get negative moodlets from being around children. They will, however, get a negative moodlet from being pregnant. There are some people who like children but don't want to have any of their own.

Oh my god, thank god. I need that trait. Of course, in a self sim it would need to be "doesn't want biological children, but would adopt" instead of absolutely no children.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 8:13 PM
Then how about... "Fears Pregnancy"? Sims with that trait get a negative pregnant moodlet and prefer to adopt. Me? I'd like to maybe adopt, because there are a lot of neglected and abused children out there... and children whose parents leave them in hot cars (wanna feed parents like those to the cowie-plant and then feed the cowie-plant milk to their kids).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 3:04 AM
In order to give the "Fears Pregnancy" trait some extra weight, how about the sim might only Woohoo, never Try For Baby, and have nightmares about getting pregnant (or of getting someone else pregnant) on occasion. The nightmares and "Thought About Pregnancyā€¯ moodlet should have a very negative weight to them and last for quite some time. Actually getting pregnant should be enough for a full on emotional breakdown.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 4:31 AM
The sim would probably be able to try for a baby, but would get a negative moodlet for worrying about pregnancy afterward, whether it's successful or not. Instead of wanting to have a child, the sim would want to adopt.
Instructor
#24 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 8:51 AM
I really want trait like Dislikes Elders. Dislikes Children is a trait so why isn't Dislikes Elders? Both are equally annoying life stages for me.

Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Instead of wanting to have a child, the sim would want to adopt.

When I still played TS2 I got the "want" to adopt a child all the time intead of have a baby. I really miss that. In the TS3 I avoid adopting becouse all the children are pudding. I only adopt if the sims are having trouble getting the gender i want. Especially in legacy games,
Alchemist
#25 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Salamancer
... Anime Fan: Conflicts with Weeaboo ....

Why does Anime Fan conflict with Weeaboo? Aren't they kinda similar?

Just call me Nikel
Page 1 of 4