Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 10:46 PM
hello! i have a problem when i use VP6 converter 0,05, i try to open the first file and it says "supported only on 2 tecnologies VP6 codec" so i cant open the file, what can i do? S:
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 11:25 PM
in virtual dub when i open the video, then compression, i cant selec VP6 codec,what can i do to choose the option? :S
Test Subject
#178 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 11:38 PM
Not to sound needy, but someone should make a youtube video on this.
Test Subject
#179 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 2:05 PM
I can't find one anywhere. i have been looking and looking but there is no mod that lets you watch the tv show from the sims 2 on the sims 3
i abosolutley HATE the shows on the sims 3 tv and i really want a way to get rid of them.
It seems like a little detail and i don't know if you can even request things or not. can someone please tell me?
Test Subject
#180 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 4:35 PM
Simple solution: Create a full fledged MOD. Lol. Sucks that I'm not too advanced with this, I would surely love to help.
Test Subject
#181 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 11:03 PM
hello,
someone could tell me if the odistant's guide (made on 2010) runs with the latest update?
thank you =) (especially odistant)
Test Subject
#182 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 8:08 PM
Default You gotta make a tutorial on how to upload custom videos on the game play tv. PLEASE!
Quote: Originally posted by ploc_spy005
I was maked a new Channel but in game the name of new channel is show with form " ****Gameplay/Excel/TV/TVchannel:abc**** " (abc is name my channel ) .. it was showed not right please help me !!

I'd really appreciate if you can show us how you uploaded a custom video onto your game play on sims 3. PLEASE!!!
Test Subject
#183 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 8:45 PM
Default Help
I think you've definitley made some progress with this. However, I have an .AVI file. (the video i want to put in the game) How do I get it into a video file that i can put in the code you gave us

Quote: Originally posted by Odistant
Alright, here's a quick guide to adding a channel. Since invidicated was able to do it, I found out how.

Open up the LATEST version of S3PE.
Open up the GameplayData.package
Arrange by name and look for TV.
Import this file into a new .package file of your choice.
Get to the editing screen and look for this code (should be at the top. Seems EA made it easy for us on making our own channel!)

Basically, you just copy and paste this and add this AFTER the VERY LAST TV Channel, or you could try anywhere in between the <TVChannel>'s coding. Don't forget to give it a name as well. You really should place it at the bottom so nothing conflicts. Here's my example.

Note: I'm not sure what happens if you don't set the Channel_Level as Level1, but it's like that for every channel, so do it. I'm not sure what happens, unless someone is willing to take a chance and break their game, so just set it as Level1.

I think I got everything. Is this correct? Did not get to test it out yet. Just my theory on how you did it.

In order to get your channel to say what you want it to, use the STBL Editor. Not too sure though, just putting in what jadaytime said.

How would you change the channel name? I searched TV in the STBL editor, but found nothing...
Test Subject
#184 Old 4th Sep 2013 at 8:55 PM
This thread isn't dead, right....? I just came to the end of this thread...
Eminence Grise
#185 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 2:51 AM
Please no bumps-for-the-sake-of-bumping in this forum... post if you can contribute, or if you have a specific question.

Edit: OK, I searched for ya, and there is more recent info on this topic here, with a new downloadable guide http://www.modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=498130

Quote: Originally posted by penthea
i don't know if you can even request things or not. can someone please tell me?

No, you cannot request things anywhere on MTS and particularly not here... this forum is for makers, not users. If you want to find out if there's something somebody else has done, try WCIF under Help.
Test Subject
#186 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 2:02 AM
ok yeah i now have no tv interaction nor can i even buy tvs for my house in buy mode how could that have happened
Test Subject
#187 Old 1st Jan 2014 at 3:17 AM
Does anyone know how to get the VP6 codec to show up in VirtualDub? The 'Video>Compression' menu will not show it.
Mad Poster
#188 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 2:45 AM
There is a utility called Codec Tweak Tool which I used once to get VP6 installed, and then VirtualDub would show it, instead of only the VP7 codec which it wanted to use. This utility can be found in the K-Lite Codec Pack if you don't have it or can't find it.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#189 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 8:28 PM Last edited by Tyler-045 : 4th Jan 2014 at 8:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
There is a utility called Codec Tweak Tool which I used once to get VP6 installed, and then VirtualDub would show it, instead of only the VP7 codec which it wanted to use. This utility can be found in the K-Lite Codec Pack if you don't have it or can't find it.

Thanks, the Profile now shows up in VirtualDub.

Now I just need to figure out why VP6Converter005 won't allow me to use the file... is there something special you have to do to make it compatible?
Field Researcher
#190 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 7:42 AM Last edited by blakegriplingph : 20th Jan 2014 at 3:46 AM.
Sorry for the bump, but for some reason monitors ingame show a black screen whenever I try to load up a VP6 file I converted. After that the game hangs with a black screen. I followed all the instructions to a T, but still the video clips won't play!

EDIT: NVM, scratch that. Just found out that the raw audio files should be just as long as the video clips to be converted.
EDIT2: Managed to load the custom Seasons weather site ingame successfully, but edited basegame clips crash the game on loop. Any ideas on that issue?
EDIT3: I tried changing the audio format for the videos, but to no avail - the game still crashes when the video loops. Which is strange as the weather clip works well, yet both the offending VP6 and the seemingly-working clip were encoded using the same settings! I'm pulling my hair over this one as I couldn't determine why this is happening.
Field Researcher
#191 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 6:18 PM Last edited by ThomasRiordan : 30th Jan 2014 at 4:00 PM. Reason: Corrected information.
Just thought I'd share this bit of information for those who are finding their STBL's broken after installing Into The Future. It seems EA has added HD to the STBL string so if you channel used to be Gameplay/Excel/TV/TVChannel:MyTVChannel and it now shows up as blank. Try putting Gameplay/Excel/TV/TVChannel:MyTVChannelHD as the untranslated string.

Correcting myself here. Seems I was mistaken, it wasn't specifically a Into The Future problem that was the cause of my STBLs being blank. It was actually the fact that I hadn't used the HDTV before. Seems there's now two lines you need to add in order for your STBLs to work correctly. The first is Gameplay/Excel/TV/TVChannel:MyTVChannel for the lower level TVs and Gameplay/Excel/TV/TVChannel:MyTVChannelHD in order for it to show up on higher level TVs. You can either make them say the same thing for both or you can do what EA has done and make the second "My TV Channel in HD".
Test Subject
#192 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 4:45 PM
Hey Odistant.

I tried following your guide. but alot of what you explain is diffrent from what's displayed in the programs. For example, you say "go into S3PE and create a new resource using
Resource>New"

There are no "New" option under Resource, and alot is diffrent so the guide is abit confusing. There seems like there are certain things you expect us to know already, but this is not true. Can you make a new guide which have even more babysteps with more screenshots. For example. "Now at the very bottom of S3PE, under External:, select “Edit STBL”. " I can't find any External, neither can I find edit STBL.

Can you please take the time to make a new guide. I really want to put custom videos into the game, and you know how. The problem is I just can't understand your logic the way some of the software tools are now. i'm pretty sure i'm not using the version of s3pne as you did when you first created the guy.
Please help us out.
Test Subject
#193 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 6:15 PM
I tried adding some Sims3VGs in TS3 with my mod with new video games. Can you help me with those?

Games I'm trying to add in:

NHL 99 (EA 1998)
F1 2001 (EA 2001)
NCAA Football 2003 (EA 2002)
NCAA March Madness 07 (EA 2007)
Test Subject
#194 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 12:52 AM
Default I really want to find out how to add my Costume Tv channels in The Sims 2 and 3
Quote: Originally posted by SheaDay
I thought you could do this by default? I coulda sworn I remember reading that you could place your own videos in a folder in my documents like you do with the music and it would work? But it doesn't seem that simple.

hello everyone and excuse my english and my spelling mistakes I hope you can understand what I wanna tell . I would like to tell me if you know how I can create my own video eg ( scooby doo series from my Real tv ) and add them on my Sims Tv .Is there a site or something that i will be able to tell me how can i do that step by step Could anyone help me cause my sims watch the same horro films every day and She is a Vampire I think that she would like to watch " The vampire diaries instead of it haha .
Test Subject
#195 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 5:11 PM
Although this may be a bit to late i have found this http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...tom_TV_Channels
Test Subject
#196 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 3:17 PM
I think most of us understand that making a custom TV channel in the Sims 3 is no easy matter. In fact, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! I know there are already hundreds of these threads out there, but still, IF IT WAS IN THE SIMS 2, WHY ISN'T IT IN THIS GAME? In the next update, they need to be able to add a feature that allows players to easily create custom channels on the TV, whether it's a movie made using the Sims 3 movie capture tool, or a video file from a completely different place! I'm going to send some emails out to the developers, and I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE EVERYONE ELSE TO DO THE SAME! If enough people do it, we may have a chance of getting their attention. I know that EA will do this eventually, (They haven't let me down yet) but still, the sooner the better...
Test Subject
#197 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 9:20 PM
Well, I tried this guide and it ALMOST worked for me (with the latest patch). I just couldn't put the sound and the name didn't show up. I'll try again later with another program for the audio codec and I'll see if I made any mistakes with the name thing.
The only part that changed was the editing of the XML file: just put it under the Weather Channel, not the Videogame one.

Still gotta work on the audio though.
Inventor
#198 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 9:29 PM
See the most recent messages in this thread : http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=396117
Test Subject
#199 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 10:14 PM
Hi, I know there is another thread for this, but whenever I landed on that page, I was logged out ... it's like the sessions didn't work.

Anyway, GREAT tutorial and help here! I managed to get 1 custom channel in with the tittle showing up in the game ... however, I'm having problem putting in the second custom tv channel, it just won't show up.

I followed everything I did previously (my 1st Tv channel that worked) but the 2nd one just won't show up, can you pls help?

Thx
Instructor
#200 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 2:32 PM
Thanks for the tutorial and hard work that went into making this

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Page 8 of 9