Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 9:41 PM
Okay, that explains why I never got any of the autonomous things. The couch and love seat file works fine for toddlers, but with babies sometimes, the sim either slides off the couch while still in the sitting animation, or they stand right back up after a second.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Okay, that explains why I never got any of the autonomous things. The couch and love seat file works fine for toddlers, but with babies sometimes, the sim either slides off the couch while still in the sitting animation, or they stand right back up after a second.

Ok, I'll see what I can do about the couch.
So, it was never autonomous, even with the toddler ?

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Alchemist
#28 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 1:37 AM
Oh no, it was autonomous for toddlers. I meant I never got any autonomous distress responses for babies. Sorry, I should've been more clear.
Instructor
Original Poster
#29 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Oh no, it was autonomous for toddlers. I meant I never got any autonomous distress responses for babies. Sorry, I should've been more clear.

No problem. Thanks.

Test Subject
#30 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 6:48 PM Last edited by Bubbel97 : 19th Mar 2020 at 12:33 PM.
I've found a bug with this mod: when someone is holding a baby, the option for another sim to talk to the baby is gone.

I tracked the issue down to this mod. There is no mod conflict as I tested it in a vanilla environment. I have all expansion and stuff packs, and I get the same bug with both versions of this mod. I'd be very happy to get a solution to this! (Or information on how to edit the mod myself.) I really want this lovely mod in my game but the Talk To Baby interaction is too precious.
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubbel97
I've found a bug with this mod: when someone is holding a baby, the option for another sim to talk to the baby is gone.

It's been a long time since I've worked on this, so I have some lost memory.
I remember that the way I've done it is the best way to do it (in my opinion) but also the harder way : I cloned and rebuilt the carry baby interaction. So every interaction has to be rebuilt too. For now, I've only rebuilt the"tickle toddler" interaction, you shouldn't be able to do any other interaction when sitted.
When I realised that even talking between adults wasn't possible while sitting with baby (it's not an interaction) I sort of loose my spirit for this version of the project.
I hope I'll find someday a compromise between the best way and the feasible way to do it.

Page 2 of 2