Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#26 Old 13th Jun 2023 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
After poking around in an EA dress package, I can see that the body morph is included which does complicate things a little.
You can't add or remove vertices when making morphs, so swapping body parts is a little surgical (pun not intended) to preserve indices. This makes applying the entire process to clothes quite experimental, but I'll detail some steps you can still substitute into your own methods for the time being.

I may look at your method, as applied to garments. Sculpt tool is something I have never used on garments... yes, on a couple of hair remakes I have done.

@ OhCrapitsTBGP

What I do with custom meshes, is to make my base mesh in Blender 1st. The example mesh is actually parts from an NC17 rated semi-see thru chemise full body outfit, that I remade as a more PG13 top for MTS. ))) It has a full to mesh, with garment mesh over it. The original top was cut from a body mesh, so vertices will generally align. Shrink/flatten was used to increase the size of the garment mesh in all directions evenly.

For this project, the mesh can export as either geom or object, as I will be using a .wso as bone reference. Some custom meshes will require export as geom, to retain custom bone weighting. I often export both, as object provides a smooth mesh, then export the geom and transfer bone weights during conversion in MTK.

Do not forget to export the UV from Blender, so to make textures and align them. I use GIMP, and for this project, just made simple textures with no shading. I often do this during meshing and testing, then go back to make final textures. At that time, I will also make L2 and L3.

So, conversion to .wso, then transfer bone weights, seam fix (if converting mesh exported as geom, Smug's tools will do seam fix), then transfer morphs. I used my own reference .wso that has a pregnant morph.

In TSRW, I use basegame bikini tie top. Import your mesh and textures, and cycle the morph sliders. I have distortion of the neckline, especially the fat morph, as vertices move furthest from base, and have more chance of error.

It has been basic stuff to this point.

In MTK, convert the .wso to object. Import to Blender as groups. All meshes import as separate meshes, and are named in the side panel accordingly. Hide all meshes you are not working on. Make whatever adjustments you feel that you need. Be sure to check ALL meshes. I only show fat morph, but did fit and thin also. Very often, pregnant morphs seem to need little or no adjustment.

This is just to show all meshes in Blender. You would not move them like this and use them!

Fat morph in TSRW after fix...

Export as groups. Convert to .wso in MTK. I use this as a reference, and remorph my base .wso. Depending on MTK settings, the .wso made from object may be clean, but this way I am sure. And, import to TSRW, check morph sliders. Save work and create package.

In game...

The way I tend to work, I will now go back to create L2 and L3, and make better textures.

There is another way to add 3d straps to a mesh like the one OP shows using knife tool and area extrude.

Once in game, you may see other issues. A two piece mesh with one mesh over another can have a bit of clipping between the meshes, and some fine tuning needed.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 25th Jun 2023 at 10:20 PM
First thanks for all the tips! Also how do i fix this inner lining thing?
Screenshots

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Inventor
#28 Old 25th Jun 2023 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OhCrapItsTBGP
First thanks for all the tips! Also how do i fix this inner lining thing?

It looks as you have the blouse mesh directly over the body mesh? Without seeing it in Blender, and having your textures to overlay, I can only guess. There is a tutorial by Cmar here on MTS, about semi-transparent garments, but the principle is the same.

Again... IF... you are overlapped, you will need to move the blouse UV and textures off of the body, into that small area that EA reserved for tops, OR, try a trick that I learned from JoshQ, which is to mirror the left arm UV, move it on X axis to overlay the right arm, and use that area. The arm texture will look messed up in CAS, but is fine in game.

Either way, you will need to resize the blouse UV to fit the area allowed, and be sure it does not run into fingers, leg, or shoe areas. Resizing and moving throw off pattern alignment. You can resize in the textures tab of TSRW, but realigning takes a bit of time and effort, and probably won't look good for all patterns.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 26th Jun 2023 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
It looks as you have the blouse mesh directly over the body mesh? Without seeing it in Blender, and having your textures to overlay, I can only guess. There is a tutorial by Cmar here on MTS, about semi-transparent garments, but the principle is the same.

Again... IF... you are overlapped, you will need to move the blouse UV and textures off of the body, into that small area that EA reserved for tops, OR, try a trick that I learned from JoshQ, which is to mirror the left arm UV, move it on X axis to overlay the right arm, and use that area. The arm texture will look messed up in CAS, but is fine in game.

Either way, you will need to resize the blouse UV to fit the area allowed, and be sure it does not run into fingers, leg, or shoe areas. Resizing and moving throw off pattern alignment. You can resize in the textures tab of TSRW, but realigning takes a bit of time and effort, and probably won't look good for all patterns.

That's an interesting fix I'll definitely be trying, but I don't think my mesh is overlapping, see.

Is it my UV? I've tried to line it up better but it's a little oddly shaped lol.

I use an old version of blender.
Screenshots

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Inventor
#30 Old 26th Jun 2023 at 1:36 AM
That's an interesting fix I'll definitely be trying, but I don't think my mesh is overlapping, see.

Is it my UV? I've tried to line it up better but it's a little oddly shaped lol.

I use an old version of blender.

Looking good! I have seen garment UV laid out as you show in new pic. This works just fine, as long as you do not have the UV or texture on a part of the body that would show skin texture. ) Now, just resize the texture to fit the new UV. I use GIMP 2.10 (free).

I have not used anything other than 2.80 and rarely 2.93, for several years, and forget much of 2.79 and older versions. @Thornowl is more familiar with functions of those.

I do see a possible issue. I had a problem with something you did, a while ago, and changed what I do a little. Your blouse uses a different vertices alignment than body. Bone weights will follow edges, and if they cross, or sometimes just edges crossing, it can create clipping between inner and outer meshes. You see that I cut my top from an EA swim bra mesh, and used same as my body mesh. Then using mesh> transform> shrink/flatten, increased the blouse mesh proportionately in all directions. I found this helped reduce most clipping.

It probbably is not something you need worry about with the mesh you work on now. As I is not semi transparent, you can make small adjustments to space between parts that might clip.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 26th Jun 2023 at 3:29 AM
Looking good! I have seen garment UV laid out as you show in new pic. This works just fine, as long as you do not have the UV or texture on a part of the body that would show skin texture. ) Now, just resize the texture to fit the new UV. I use GIMP 2.10 (free).

I have not used anything other than 2.80 and rarely 2.93, for several years, and forget much of 2.79 and older versions. @Thornowl is more familiar with functions of those.

I do see a possible issue. I had a problem with something you did, a while ago, and changed what I do a little. Your blouse uses a different vertices alignment than body. Bone weights will follow edges, and if they cross, or sometimes just edges crossing, it can create clipping between inner and outer meshes. You see that I cut my top from an EA swim bra mesh, and used same as my body mesh. Then using mesh> transform> shrink/flatten, increased the blouse mesh proportionately in all directions. I found this helped reduce most clipping.

It probbably is not something you need worry about with the mesh you work on now. As I is not semi transparent, you can make small adjustments to space between parts that might clip.

Thank you so much! I'll fix it when i get the chance! You're a great help! :D

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Inventor
#32 Old 26th Jun 2023 at 2:52 PM
Thank you so much! I'll fix it when i get the chance! You're a great help! :D

I also meant to mention that it is good to use the Blender imaging overlay, as you did. This is a very useful tool, and saves much guess work.
Test Subject
#33 Old 27th Jun 2023 at 12:13 AM
as far as i know uv mapping is pretty much the same in older and newer versions. also you can manipulate uv vertices just like mesh vertices; instead of just moving a uv island around, you can also resize it. ts4 uvs appear squished in blender, so you'll need to resize it on the y axis (vertically). if you leave it as is your texture will be unnecessarily blurry since you aren't using all of the available uv space
Instructor
#34 Old 27th Jun 2023 at 1:42 AM
Better to fit the UV to the image rather than the other way around (unless the texture already needs to be moved around). That UV should cover that entire texture, as it is your top is 'wearing' just a cut out of itself.

With the UV highlighted and your cursor in the UV Editor window, you can use several keys to do this quite effortlessly. S for Scale, XYZ for axis, and numbers to input the amount. Pressing S - Y - 2 for example will 'unsquish' your UV as Thornowl pointed out. You can also use S and move your mouse to freehand scale it, and G to move it around, the same as working with a mesh. Then it should fit that texture exactly.

(edit) Will also add that without having the body GEOM selected at the same time, your UV image isn't actually showing whether it's overlapping the body UVs or not. Just from placement, I imagine it is.
Inventor
#35 Old 27th Jun 2023 at 2:54 PM
As @CardinalSims says, fitting the UV to the texture is generally more precise. What I usually do, is to first resize the UV to 0.8 on x and y axis, and move it to an open area of the UV map. Reason for 0.8 is that it is a constant, and when front and back halves are placed as in my earlier pic, they will not cross into leg area. Same for skirts (bottoms) which use the right side of the UV map next to legs. Export the UV map and use it as guide when resizing the texture... again, I use 0.8 on x and y, then move the texture to the blouse UV. Save the new texture and open it in Blender texture overlay. Now you can see it, and make adjustments so the UV is perfectly aligned to the texture.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 27th Jun 2023 at 6:47 PM
Thanks to all of you! @CardinalSims, @LadySmoks, and @thornowl! I fixed my texture! thank you so much!

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 30th Jun 2023 at 4:44 PM
Okay, how do you make adult clothes for children? I can't seem to find a tutorial on this...

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Inventor
#38 Old 30th Jun 2023 at 6:34 PM
Okay, how do you make adult clothes for children? I can't seem to find a tutorial on this...

A LOT of work! More than just size, adult to child body and rig proportions are very different. General sizing is to shrink on x,y,z axis by .685 to get into the ballpark. Forget where I saw that number, but there are tutorials somewhere. Then use shrink/flatten on x and y to get closer on proportions. You may need to use a cu one piece body to cut of hands and transfer to the resized mesh, to ensure finger alignment to the rig. I do that for TS4 to TS3, and xps and mmd models I convert.

You will have to use mesh> snap to, to align neck and ankle seams to child head and shoes. Add waist seam to that, if making top and/ or bottom separates. Bones would be transferred using a child mesh, as bones are a little different too.

I did not go thru this, but here is a tutorial I found... https://pandemonium91.wixsite.com/p.../ts3tut-ageconv Hope it helps! Although the host uses Milkshape, the same should be able to be done using Blender. )))
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 30th Jun 2023 at 7:07 PM
A LOT of work! More than just size, adult to child body and rig proportions are very different. General sizing is to shrink on x,y,z axis by .685 to get into the ballpark. Forget where I saw that number, but there are tutorials somewhere. Then use shrink/flatten on x and y to get closer on proportions. You may need to use a cu one piece body to cut of hands and transfer to the resized mesh, to ensure finger alignment to the rig. I do that for TS4 to TS3, and xps and mmd models I convert.

You will have to use mesh> snap to, to align neck and ankle seams to child head and shoes. Add waist seam to that, if making top and/ or bottom separates. Bones would be transferred using a child mesh, as bones are a little different too.

I did not go thru this, but here is a tutorial I found... https://pandemonium91.wixsite.com/p.../ts3tut-ageconv Hope it helps! Although the host uses Milkshape, the same should be able to be done using Blender. )))

Oh wow, I guess making CC is far more work then i thought... well, thanks, I'll attempt to try this lol.

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Inventor
#40 Old 1st Jul 2023 at 1:01 AM
Oh wow, I guess making CC is far more work then i thought... well, thanks, I'll attempt to try this lol.

Some things are harder than others... or at least take a bit more time, effort and understanding of different things. And for me, it is like a thrill seeker. It becomes, "OK, I did that... I need to try something harder, and harder", and it becomes a competition against myself. )))

And I always try to hold to belief that not getting it the first 10 or 20 times I try were not failures, but rather learning experiences!
Instructor
#41 Old 1st Jul 2023 at 2:34 AM

Just a suggestion, but personally I don't see any reason it wouldn't be the same steps just for a different rig?

In short, I don't think it should be that complicated aside from not being well documented. I know CTU is considered 'old' but to me it's a perfectly fine old reliable, and the guide for that uses a child top without any fuss or special steps. I would extract the nude top/bottom mesh with that or S3OC and refit the clothing to it. Same amount of effort as fitting anything that was converted. Relying too much on .wso imo... complicates things unnecessarily.
And of course, if your original mesh is shaped to fit a bust some advanced editing may be needed to flatten it. Maybe look at creators who did age conversions for EA store content and how their pieces are put together.

Maybe biting off more than I can chew speaking on clothing so much when my expertise is elsewhere, but I don't want you to be discouraged from such a project! The amount of work to make CC should never be taken for granted, but at the same time the tools to do so are more accessible than ever. Outdated tutorials are sometimes more misleading than they are helpful, I feel like I spend half my CC creation time discovering that 90% of the steps were a product of their time and aren't actually relevant anymore. Hence why I write so many tutorials.
More efficient ways to do things are out there

And if that doesn't seem to be the case, I'd love to see what you're trying to age convert so I can have a go at proving myself wrong
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 1st Jul 2023 at 6:58 PM
Some things are harder than others... or at least take a bit more time, effort and understanding of different things. And for me, it is like a thrill seeker. It becomes, "OK, I did that... I need to try something harder, and harder", and it becomes a competition against myself. )))

And I always try to hold to belief that not getting it the first 10 or 20 times I try were not failures, but rather learning experiences!

I can totally understand, I have been converting something just about everyday so I can get better, and take on harder meshes!

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 1st Jul 2023 at 7:06 PM
Just a suggestion, but personally I don't see any reason it wouldn't be the same steps just for a different rig?

In short, I don't think it should be that complicated aside from not being well documented. I know CTU is considered 'old' but to me it's a perfectly fine old reliable, and the guide for that uses a child top without any fuss or special steps. I would extract the nude top/bottom mesh with that or S3OC and refit the clothing to it. Same amount of effort as fitting anything that was converted. Relying too much on .wso imo... complicates things unnecessarily.
And of course, if your original mesh is shaped to fit a bust some advanced editing may be needed to flatten it. Maybe look at creators who did age conversions for EA store content and how their pieces are put together.

Maybe biting off more than I can chew speaking on clothing so much when my expertise is elsewhere, but I don't want you to be discouraged from such a project! The amount of work to make CC should never be taken for granted, but at the same time the tools to do so are more accessible than ever. Outdated tutorials are sometimes more misleading than they are helpful, I feel like I spend half my CC creation time discovering that 90% of the steps were a product of their time and aren't actually relevant anymore. Hence why I write so many tutorials.
More efficient ways to do things are out there

And if that doesn't seem to be the case, I'd love to see what you're trying to age convert so I can have a go at proving myself wrong

I was trying to convert the dress from this set I actually fixed it for the child body but everytime I put it in TSW it make the child turn into a demon lol
Screenshots

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Inventor
#44 Old 1st Jul 2023 at 9:51 PM
I was trying to convert the dress from this set I actually fixed it for the child body but everytime I put it in TSW it make the child turn into a demon lol

I downloaded that set and checked the mesh. Looks as you did a good job resizing that! The garment being separate from the body mesh makes it much easier, and moves the need for most that I wrote above. ))) Not sure what you mean by turning into a demon?
Instructor
#45 Old 1st Jul 2023 at 11:38 PM
If you mean that the mesh shows off-centre to the body in TSRW, I believe that's normal because that program is held together like a unicycle. Depends on the variety of demonic being referred to, though.

Again, TSRW more trouble than it is worth to me.
I use the same method explained by Lyralei in one of the comments on Thornowl's tutorial, which cuts it out entirely.
You can do all the same steps regardless of age, (with GEOM tools) copy data from a cloned EA caspart, export and reimport directly into the clone package with S3PE. Then you're already done- no renaming groups, no convert wso, no TSRW error messages, no crashing, no nothing.

No clothing is (or should be) welded to the body mesh included with it. Deleting the body pieces is remarkably easy and the concept of resizing the adult body with it is incredibly cursed, which is why I was confused as to why it couldn't be more simple. It most definitely can
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 2nd Jul 2023 at 12:09 AM
I downloaded that set and checked the mesh. Looks as you did a good job resizing that! The garment being separate from the body mesh makes it much easier, and moves the need for most that I wrote above. ))) Not sure what you mean by turning into a demon?

What i mean by demon is, The body is off center and the hands are stretched, making it look creepy as heck 😂

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 2nd Jul 2023 at 12:11 AM
If you mean that the mesh shows off-centre to the body in TSRW, I believe that's normal because that program is held together like a unicycle. Depends on the variety of demonic being referred to, though.

Again, TSRW more trouble than it is worth to me.
I use the same method explained by Lyralei in one of the comments on Thornowl's tutorial, which cuts it out entirely.
You can do all the same steps regardless of age, (with GEOM tools) copy data from a cloned EA caspart, export and reimport directly into the clone package with S3PE. Then you're already done- no renaming groups, no convert wso, no TSRW error messages, no crashing, no nothing.

No clothing is (or should be) welded to the body mesh included with it. Deleting the body pieces is remarkably easy and the concept of resizing the adult body with it is incredibly cursed, which is why I was confused as to why it couldn't be more simple. It most definitely can

Oh, I will definitely be looking at that thread again and try again! Thanks! 🥰

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Inventor
#48 Old 2nd Jul 2023 at 5:06 AM
What i mean by demon is, The body is off center and the hands are stretched, making it look creepy as heck 😂

Possible you have bad bone assignments, or set to wrong ages.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 2nd Jul 2023 at 10:35 PM
Possible you have bad bone assignments, or set to wrong ages.

You're probably right, I definitely need to get better with that 😅

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Page 2 of 2