Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 11:15 PM
Yes, Ghani, magnets would make it easier. You'd only have to make the mesh once, the "magnets" stretch/deform the polygons into the desired shape (fat, muscular).

Here's to show you kinda how it works - http://graphics.smithmicro.com/arti...iew/1113/1/324/
Advertisement
#27 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 3:00 PM
Well!!! CC's are must in my game...I rarely (as in 1 in 1000 chance) use maxis made stuff.....especially the skintones, eyes and make-up are a must...since these and only these can make my sims look realistic with fine features and real beauty!!! The Eaxis eyes are awful....the skin looks somewhat similar to Navetsea's skins.....the hairs are cool.....but I hope there's more!!!
#28 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 12:45 AM
I download mostly furniture and deco-items in sims 2, so I'm worried sick :Puppy: , about customized stylish furniture for sim 3. After all, decorating is just as big part of the game, as is creating realistic sims, or fashion-statements. I mostly decorate in sims 2, and care less about clothing.
I will miss my furnitures...I don't really get the difference between this design-tool and the one in sims 2. You can drag textures to an object, but what difference does it make if the textures are ugly? Its just like having the pre-made "recolors" in sims 2. I can live with Maxis objects/meshes, but not with horrible textures and wallpapers and "art", or whatever they call what they frame for the walls...
I want to be able to put in my own textures, at least, while I'm hoping for entirely new designs-tools to be made. Same time I don't want another 6 GB of downloads to organize...
I´m also used (spoiled) to my sims having penises, nipples, freckles, wrinkles and hacks to modify the game so I really, really hope modification-tools will be made at all, and that modders will be interested enough to re-create some of their best features for sims 3, if possible, just like people made sims 1 stuff for the sims 2.

If not, the game has to be overwhelmingly good and fun to play in itself. But it will still be annoying to have barbie-sims in the shower.
#29 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 4:31 AM
I will initially miss the various bodyshapes - Pin-up girl, 34C,D,DD (Warlokk :bow2: ) then Slim, Huge Bodybuilder (Marvine & BeosBoxBoy :bow2: )......but soon I hope all the meshers and modders will be able to bring them in sims 3
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#30 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 11:25 AM
dark_jean - Have you looked at the preview pics? Different body types are going to be part of the game as it is. We don't know exactly how it will be variable but you'll be able to have slim, muscular, fat, etc., sims to begin with.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#31 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spatulageekgirl
No.

What I'm guessing is they'll be using the same system as poser does. "Magnets". They just pull the mesh out/in into whatever body shape you choose. Some custom Meshes, complicate ones, might get deformed, but normally it will be fine. You wouldn't have to make the mesh over and over into each stage.

This is exactly what I thought of as well. When the info for TS2 first came out I thought this was the method they were using and found they were not.

With TS3 on the other hand they would certainly use something like that. Having to make a new mesh for every slight increment in weight or hight seems insane. The file size of the game would be ridiculously large.
#32 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
dark_jean - Have you looked at the preview pics? Different body types are going to be part of the game as it is. We don't know exactly how it will be variable but you'll be able to have slim, muscular, fat, etc., sims to begin with.

Yes, but the sim females bodyshapes looked same.....and I don't know whether there has been any announcement mentioning the females will have different breast size:confused:......then again the muscular bodyshape is there and looks better than good!!!!!! ....but the Huge Bodybuilder type is not there if I'm not wrong!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:21 AM
Default Change Clothing category?
Is there any way to allow clothing from one category to be used in a different category? IE: swimsuit to be used as athletic, or sleepwear, or whaever?

Thanks
Field Researcher
#34 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sayyadina_SC
I download mostly furniture and deco-items in sims 2, so I'm worried sick :Puppy: , about customized stylish furniture for sim 3. After all, decorating is just as big part of the game, as is creating realistic sims, or fashion-statements. I mostly decorate in sims 2, and care less about clothing.
I will miss my furnitures...I don't really get the difference between this design-tool and the one in sims 2. You can drag textures to an object, but what difference does it make if the textures are ugly?

I couldn't agree more. I can live without mods, but I really want prettier custom Sims and nice furniture.
Test Subject
#35 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:36 PM
I never really used the mods... But I'm sitting here twitching like crazy because I miss all my Sims 2 CC, and I bought the Sims 3 not long after it first came out, so now I get to wait. (;-; I miss my well made anime-esque sims.)
Page 2 of 2