Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 1:55 PM Last edited by Jinzor : 12th Jul 2017 at 6:24 PM. Reason: Removed my name... just incase
Returning From TS2 - Is TS4 Worth It?
TL:DR Questions
1. How long do you think this cycle of TS4 will last before Maxis/EA decide to move on to TS5?
2. Do you think CAW, or something like CAW (i.e. duplicating existing world templates to have more lot space), will ever make a return? Or lot terrain tools?
3. Despite these two concerns I have, is the full-TS4 experience currently worth it?

Original Post
Hey there, I'm thinking of returning to the Sims series after quite a few years. When I was younger (i.e. before I went to college and university), I used to play the hell out of the Sims 2. However, I sort of skipped Sims 3 since it just wasn't my cup of tea compared to TS2. Now, that's not to say that I didn't play it at all - I did buy TS3, along with a few expansions in a heavily discounted package, a few years ago on a Steam sale and played it for just 18 hours to get the overall feel of it. I never returned to it as my concerns before buying the game turned out to be true which left me disappointed - I don't want to feel the same way about TS4.

However, I recently played a trial of the Sims 4 for about 10 hours over two days and also noticed that the base game and all of its expansions are on sale at the moment on Origin - I'd be paying around £120 for the full experience. While I did find the trial to be somewhat enjoyable and noticed many improvements compared to my favourite of the series, that being TS2, I still have a few concerns about this cycle of the series which are putting me off from buying it right now:

1. How long will the Sims 4 last?
Reason I'm concerned about this before purchasing is pretty obvious for those who have followed news about this game since its release - it hasn't been very popular compared to its predecessors. I wonder how much the game and its expansions are selling in comparison? Usually, EA likes to kind of brag about how many units of a game that they've helped published in a few interviews when it does well (e.g. Battlefield series, all of the other base Sims games in previous years - occasionally an expansion pack (e.g. TS2 Pets sold six million)). To my knowledge, they've kept quiet about the sales figures for TS4 and what we have to go on are from unreliable websites that don't have the full figures. The fact that the base game is now available for Origin Access users after just two years from release along with the 48-hour trial also concerns me a little bit as well - are they desperate for people to buy the game and/or its expansions through tempting the user with a limited-time / content version?

I'm expecting that at least two more full-expansions will be released along with some free updates / game + stuff packs in the next year and a half. But... a part of me thinks that after those releases, this cycle of the series may come to a halt and the game will be left in a state I'm not satisfied with. To boot, the game and its extra content will become cheaper when they're all packaged together in an "Ultimate Collection", so why don't I just wait for another two years and save myself potentially another few hundred GBP and the feeling of disappointment?

2. Create-A-World / Limited Lot Space + Build Tools
One of the things I did the most in TS2 was creating new neighbourhoods and (especially) subhoods - I'd do this every time before I started playing a new game. While I didn't do this for TS3, I appreciated that you still had the option to do so - I have seen some custom worlds for that game which make me wish I enjoyed that game more over TS2. I am very passionate about being able to change the existing environments in my games and/or make new environment-related mods for games (it's probably why I became a full-time 3D Environment Artist for my real-life job and still work quite a few mods for other games when I'm not playing games).

However, from my 10-hour experience of the trial from the TS4, I noticed that modifying the terrain and/or adding new worlds is currently impossible. I've found this to be more of a turn-off than I like to admit - it just feels wrong to not have these features since they've been around since the first game in the series, and that was so many years ago now. If the rumours I have read on TS4-related forums are true (i.e. how TS4 was meant to be an online game, much like SimCity (2013) was, but was cut out due to the backlash against it therefore much of the landscaping + neighbourhoods are now permanently locked as the base game was designed to allow syncing with other user's lots seamlessly), then I can understand it. But it's been almost three years since release and the options for builders are still extremely limited which, I think, will start to bore me after around 40 more hours of play.

Anyway, with all of this in mind I am wondering if this game, in its current state, is still worth purchasing for around £120 despite these concerns I have with it at the moment? I really hope I'm wrong about the life expectancy of TS4 and I do hope that the CAW / terrain tools make a return in some form or another, but I don't know if they will.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 2:20 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 12th Jul 2017 at 2:35 PM.
About that cycle....

CAW and terrain tools do not look like they're going to make a return unless they're going to pull a toddler patch and release them for free with no warning.

Depending on what your play style is, TS4 with it's full available content (plus mods) is decently fulfilling. I think it's complete -enough- to stand as a proper game. It's no where near up to the standards of previous games. There are still gaping holes, but it's definitely playable and enjoyable at this point, all things considered.

(feel free to skip the bowling and fitness packs though )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 2:28 PM Last edited by Jinzor : 12th Jul 2017 at 3:57 PM. Reason: Above comment was edited to include more info about CAW + expansions
With all due respect, that comment was made in early-September 2014 - it's out of date. I think it'd be naive to not at least consider that they may have started pre-production on their next title by now.

Thanks for the info about the other stuff, that's a shame about CAW + terrain tools. Yeah, I'm not too interested in those packs... yet
Theorist
#4 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jinzor
With all due respect, that comment was made in early-September 2014 - it'd be naive think that they haven't at the very least started pre-production of their next title by now.

It's taken them three years to even start hinting we might be getting pets, and still no mention of any kind of whether at all. If these things are so difficult I have a very hard time believing they'd bother putting effort into developing a second title at the same time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 3:32 PM Last edited by Jinzor : 12th Jul 2017 at 3:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
It's taken them three years to even start hinting we might be getting pets, and still no mention of any kind of whether at all. If these things are so difficult I have a very hard time believing they'd bother putting effort into developing a second title at the same time.

Yeah, I understand. However, as someone who is currently working in the industry, I'll say this - developers are always planning for the future and in the workplace if we're not critiquing other colleague's work or discussing features, we're talking about finances. Depending on how successful a product (e.g. a game) is at launch determines how much support will likely be provided for the rest of its life. From what I've seen since 2014, I don't think TS4 was that successful compared to its predecessors partly due to how it was received by consumers. Back when I was starting my second year of university (and I thought those were the hard days...) and the game released, I remember there were many critic reviews that, together, averaged around 6-ish/10 - some fell to as low as 3/10. This could have influenced the game's future support as many AAA companies are influenced by overall ratings (e.g. Metacritic) and early sales figures as they provide an indication as to how well their title + additional content may sell in the long-term (e.g. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...tic_scores.php).

While Maxis are officially still working on content for an existing game and taking some time to get it right (i.e. Pets, maybe even Seasons / University) doesn't mean that the Leaders and/or Seniors in the team(s) aren't at least thinking about or testing the water for potential future features to set their newer titles apart from the current one they're working on (i.e. early pre-production - asking programmers if an idea they or a colleague had is possible, prototyping it etc) which will be a part of full-on pre-production later (some companies, usually the AAA ones with enough of a budget have "BlackOps" Research Teams which do this thing all the time - I presume Maxis has one, since they're very big (1001-5000 employees) and an EA-subsidiary). The Juniors (what I am at the moment), Interns and contractors are the ones solely thinking about the short-term though and don't need to think about it as much (however - at least where I'm working at (medium-sized) - we're occasionally required to fill out a questionnaire or attend a brainstorming session when we're not in crunch time. Most other, big companies don't care what we think until we've been around for a while to be considered a Senior).

So, that's why I raised that as a concern before purchase. Then again, I don't know the overall sales figures until they (if ever) start bragging about it - I'm just presuming that it hasn't sold as well as previous titles in the series due to the backlash it had.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 3:33 PM

We didn't have any advance notice of Pets for Sims 3, at least none that isn't comparable to the information we currently have for Pets in Sims 4. IIRC someone said that Pets were started shortly after Sims 3 launched, which makes sense because it requires two new AI components to be added for cats, and dogs (Sims 3 also had horses) and that is a lot more work than some new animations and interactions for existing Sims and existing AI systems. We also know The Sims 4 started development somewhere around 2010, but as with most new base games it was developed separately from the current title. So they probably do have both in development, the new game would be in the very early stages of development at least.

To the OP:
1. Regardless of The Sims 4's overall poor performance on the market I dont think it spells out immediate doom. They have developed the game for 3 years, I don't think it's in any immediate jeopardy of being shut down. Now will it get everything that players want by the time it does end? My opinion would be no, there's a lot of ground to cover and their release history doesnt make it super realistic that production will speed up to accommodate everything being requested.

2. I do not see any type of world creator being released for TS4. They haven't officially said no, but 3 years is plenty of time to see that it's not a priority for them.

3. Last question is kind of opinion driven. The Sims 4 isn't particularly great, but that comes from someone who has never been impressed with the game as a whole. There are some things it does well, and others that it doesn't. The games strongest area would be CAS, weakest IMO would be live mode. I could play Sims for hours on end previously, but in 4 I play for about 35 mins and realize that everything that's happening in my game has already happened before. There's just not a lot to do, even with the DLC it's just mundane and boring to play. Doesn't help that traits do all of nothing for your Sims' - doesn't matter what ones you choose your Sims will all behave similarly. The hive mind wouldn't be as noticeable if the game had more animation and a more diverse set. As is there is a small number of incredibly over the top, stylized animations that are determined by your Sims emotion and are exactly the same for every Sim. Kind of hard to sell the emotions as expressive enterpretations of your Sims thoughts when half of the neighborhood is doing the exact same thing. I have my own theories as to why emotions are the way they are, but here's not the place for it.

I say look at some YouTube videos of gameplay. Avoid EA sponsored channels though - they pander to EA and claim everything is super amazing and awesome. There should be plenty of regular base game gameplay videos out there at this point that come from players who aren't trying to make a living off of playing The Sims on YouTube.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 3:44 PM Last edited by Jinzor : 12th Jul 2017 at 4:03 PM.
Hey thanks for the info drake_mccarty, it was very helpful.

Yeah I'm right ahead of you. I've been watching a bit of Lazy Game Reviews' videos (although, I think he said he received a few free copies of expansions on one of his videos - so I'm taking his opinions with a pinch of salt) and they seem to provide quite a bit of info I needed on not just the base game but each of the expansions in detail as well. Get To Work seems a lot like Open For Business - but better - which is actually tempting me to get it, but hasn't made the deal yet.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 4:13 PM
In my honest opinion (probably not the popular opinion) Get To Work is the strongest EP for the game. Out of the three on the market it seems to be the most "expansionary" in terms of what it brings with it. 3 new active careers, plus aliens, and retail stores and that's just the overview. There's new skills, interactions, etc. On the surface it truly has the best selection of content amongst the three EP's.

Now it's not perfect. The careers are pretty linear, you complete a checklist of goals to progress into the career. Most goals will repeat and the gameplay is more of a minigame that you do until the timer runs out. Some are more interesting than others, but all follow the same general structure.

Retail was my main reason for getting the pack (loved OFB) and it's decent. As with many other things we've gotten over the years it probably could have been better if they had approached it differently - maybe instead of a side feature retail should have been its own pack, but it gets the job done for the most part. There are some annoying AI issues with customers and employees but overall it's an enjoyable addition to my game. My biggest issue with the pack is that their intended shopping district is a single neighborhood with 4 lots, and aside from that no additional lots are added for the player to use.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 6:48 PM
Get To Work only barely touches the surface of get the job done. It is barley par. It's like if a difficult golf course had a part of 20, and EA came in at 19.

The best of employees don't work, sales interactions hardly do much of anything of significance, and the biggest of annoyances: Cash registers are useless, but required. Even the register in TS3's retail set let you check inventory to buy from the register (if I remember correctly, though Sims just swiped what they wanted. Both are a mess, but one is a store set, the other a major feature).

My assumption is that the devs aren't all too experienced with Simulators and why people love them. I was reading a GameFaq for Open For Business, them compared it to Get To Work. Even Open For Business could have been better, but EAxis hasn't made a decent follow up.

They do, however, keep breaking up the game into various businesses types. I guarantee the next vacation pack will have hotel ownership, but not included expansion features (which is why I liked TS2's commercial lots, because a hotel could have an actual restaurant in it, not a simple buffet).

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#11 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 7:52 PM
I'd be shocked if we even saw hotels. If they can pull off a functioning hotel contained on a single lot then I would tip my hat to them, because that would be a hell of a lot more than they did for those sham apartments.
Instructor
#12 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Get To Work only barely touches the surface of get the job done.

Consider the other 2 expansions that are not really expansions, one being City Living without actual city living and the other being about forming Clubs, out of the 3 Get to Work is the one that had a actual focus and expanding gameplay uptions, hell Parenthood that isnt a Expansion is more of a Expansion that City Living is.

Its not that Get To Work is as good as Open For Business but rather, compared with the other 2 ... its just above them, City Living is especially bad as expansion being nothing but a overpriced Game Pack.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 9:50 PM
City Living is garbage. It's the worst pack I have seen out of Maxis in a long time, and with such an obvious set of expectations I don't see how anyone on the development team could pride themselves on that one. The bulk of the pack is dedicated to props to make the world look like a vibrant city, they missed the point entirely there. I also am on team "those aren't apartments" for the sham of apartments they bragged about. Missed the point there entirely too, City Living as a whole just misses the point of a Sims game.

Get Together is just empty. The club system is neat, and can be somewhat useful, but they shot themselves in the foot by relying on what the game already had which at that point was already barren and overused. Doesn't help City Living's case either that they reused a ton of existing things to make their "new" features.

Their track record with EP's is pretty abysmal. They have no focus and no communication between the teams apparently. I don't know who in their right mind would green light half of the stuff in CL unless they were completely tuned out to what the paying community has been saying for years. Especially with apartments, that gimmick really irritated me especially with how condescending their responses were.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 9:53 PM
It's sad as hell that Parenthood does more for the game than any do the expansion packs.

Game packs have been on the incline in regards to quality. I don't know what's going on with stuff packs and expansion packs.

Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
I don't know who in their right mind would green light half of the stuff in CL unless they were completely tuned out to what the paying community has been saying for years. Especially with apartments, that gimmick really irritated me especially with how condescending their responses were.

City Living actually sounds very good on papers as a sims expansion pack: A metropolis to explore with completely unique districts and metropolitan careers, various festivals and cultures, a variety of apartments and penthouses, new activities for sims to run out... its sound perfect, actually.

Execution is everything, however. They wore themselves thin, as usual. Too watered down much content from the team trying to do too much at once and not focusing on a key area. "A metropolis to explore with completely unique districts and metropolitan careers" is enough of a content to flesh out in an of itself.

They can't simply take what was previously entire expansion and try to make a big pack from them. That was Late Night's problem - too much content, and none of it lived up to its potential.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#15 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 10:13 PM
I disagree, City Living doesn't have anywhere near the content of Late Night, and it still manages to come in last place. They devoted a bunch of time to the aesthetics of the city. It's the most dressed up world they've made so far, and it's also the least functional.
Scholar
#16 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It's sad as hell that Parenthood does more for the game than any do the expansion packs.

I don't play TS4 but watched LGR's review of it and was actually kind of impressed.

It's like TS3 Generations, except much better. Interesting that Generations was a full-priced Expansion Pack, but Parenthood is a Gamepack which the base price is $20 (correct me if I'm wrong). I always felt like Generations was a rip-off at $40. This Gamepack idea that they have with TS4 is actually interesting, because it brings potential for packs here that are neat ideas, but not $40 ideas.

Then again, it doesn't really sound like TS4's EPs are $40 ideas, either. (Honestly, they should just drop the EP price back down to $30) I remember seeing "Get Together" and thinking the amount of content it added was directly on par with the Store Worlds added in The Sims 3. I have no idea how they call that an Expansion Pack, and I have no clue how they're determining what is an Expansion Pack and what's not. They don't have this model worked out. It looks like such a huge mess (like TS4 as a whole? Yes.). In terms of Gamepacks, they may have hit it out of the park with Parenthood, but then they turn around and release a Gamepack which is literally just bowling.

If they actually sat down and logically thought out the three levels of content (EPs, GPs, and SPs), they could actually provide the right amount of content at the right price. I noticed that TS4's Stuff Packs are only $10. So much better than TS2 and TS3. From watching an LGR review, I noticed that they actually had added newly functioning items in SPs, which is interesting, IIRC in TS2 and 3 there was rarely if ever anything of the sort, they were just new objects with old functions. So it seems like SPs are actually kind of better? I don't know, I've never bought any of them from any iteration.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Alchemist
#17 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jinzor
Get To Work seems a lot like Open For Business - but better - which is actually tempting me to get it, but hasn't made the deal yet.

The summer sale is on until the 18th. If you're planning on getting it, now is the time.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/st.../simssummersale
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 12:20 AM
1. Judging from the previous games there's 2 years left at most - probably only one year and a half left.
2. Nope. CAW seems clearly impossible to do, plus the devs already seem to struggle with even basic objects so a whole world tool... lol. About terrain tools I'ld say a very tiny maybe. That seems more doable.
3. Clearly not at full price but if you grab it on sale yes. But don't expect any deep level of gameplay or any sandbox liberty, it ain't Sims 2 or Sims 3, far from it. But it's still worth it IMO, IF you have a gazillion packs, expansions, almost everything; basegame alone is a bore. For me the best investment was City living and Parenthood. Parenthood is a big surprise with how well it's made and what it changed, there's clearly a before and after Parenthood. Yeah CL is half assed but there's a lot to see and do but I'm a city lover so I'ld take any illusion of a city over a suburban hood; and it's worth it even only for its active careers (I love that system). My biggest deception was Get to Work and Get Together. As someone explained GTW is half broken retail-wise and even its careers are. But even though, those 2 packs still bring a lot to the game and you will still have a lot of fun with them. Dineout and Spa are also good stuff, loaded with items and stuff to do. For item packs I would advise for Vintage SP and the Backyard one, those 2 bring the more bang for your bucks IMO; really love the furniture, deco and gameplay.
Theorist
#19 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
My biggest deception was Get to Work and Get Together. As someone explained GTW is half broken retail-wise and even its careers are. But even though, those 2 packs still bring a lot to the game and you will still have a lot of fun with them..

Okay I have to call you out on this. What, if anything, did Get Together add to the game that is even nearly on-par with the first active careers we've seen in the game, not to mention they were careers that were missing from the game for so long in genera; medical, law enforcement, and Science. Aditionally it gave us an entire new occult state. I don't think I've ever used any of the features that came with GT except the world and the closets. The clubs are a nuisance, the DJ booths are stupid...

.-. I just came to the realisation I payed $20 for a woohoo location usable closets.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:14 AM
Okay I have to call you out on this. What, if anything, did Get Together add to the game that is even nearly on-par with the first active careers we've seen in the game, not to mention they were careers that were missing from the game for so long in genera; medical, law enforcement, and Science. Aditionally it gave us an entire new occult state. I don't think I've ever used any of the features that came with GT except the world and the closets. The clubs are a nuisance, the DJ booths are stupid...

.-. I just came to the realisation I payed $20 for a woohoo location usable closets.

Yup ditto Newlibertysims, clubs can be actually quite fun, it all boils down to who you play and it's highly versatile; i.e. clubs can be useful for kids, teen, YA or even seniors. I use them a lot in tiny household, as they're a big help and will also break the monotony. Spending a night out playing bar games or drinking at taverns can also be quite fun too. More roleplaying differently each sims. Get together was a deception though because it didn't bring anything more: no barista career or even having a cafe as a business, yet we were so close to it, arg. The reason I'm putting it with Get together though is that Get to Work was already half assed and half broken as explained by other (employees don't work, your shops aren't the same when visiting with another family, sales actions are basically a letdown - only talk; there's no shop level nor sale skill like in Sims 2, restocking is free for clothes, etc) AND the careers - which were very fun, yup, never said otherwise - broke over time and were never patched (they patched the doctor bug for the non pregnant sims, that's it.). AFAIK for the cop one now you cannot guess the culprit anymore, it's broke. The doc have issues with objectives you cannot complete too and patients not coming or not even getting in beds. I do hope the scientist one still work though, it was a fun one. That's why it was a deception for me, because it was never patched and because retail could have been so awesome and maybe come close to Sims 2 OFB, but nope.
All in all now when I play I barely use Get To Work features anymore and use a lot of the Get Together clubs and crazy clubbing night options.
Plus it's my opinion. Sorry. :p
Theorist
#21 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:21 AM
My experience with clubs boils down to my sim being exhausted by the end of the day, being called out to a club meeting and me cancelling it or wuititng the club completely.
OR
My sim being fine by the end of the day, me being called to a club meeting, me using a broken social system in a coffee shop to play musical chairs all night not actually getting ANYTHING done. Then being exhausted by the time my sims gets home. and the whole day was wasted .-. somuchfun.

Maybe if I were playing a single sim, but I'm not, I never am. I don't play anything but families, big families. I'd rather spend time with my kids than ignore them for an entire evening to go to a dumb coffee shop and read books while hopping from table to table to talk to strangers I hate.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:30 AM
Clubs can be adapted to big families too. You know you can invite the club at home too, if you play big families that can be a huge help. Kids clubs and teen club to help them meet other kids, do homework or work on some skills with a couple of new friends to be. Food club are also very useful to fill your fridge Kids clubs can also be tweaked to be a chess club, or even kids working on the science lab, very useful and cute. Clubs are very versatile, that's why they're cool. Even having a tiny gardening club come at your home once a week is a fun diversion (and useful). Yeah it's easy to abuse the system, but I use it more as a roleplaying for the sims I like, using the clubs to make them do what most suit their personality and needs - or fill their fridge.. Or only watch a movie and have popcorn.
Theorist
#23 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:33 AM
Clubs can be adapted to big families too. You know you can invite the club at home too, if you play big families that can be a huge help. Kids clubs and teen club to help them meet other kids, do homework or work on some skills with a couple of new friends to be. Food club are also very useful to fill your fridge Kids clubs can also be tweaked to be a chess club, or even kids working on the science lab, very useful and cute. Clubs are very versatile, that's why they're cool. Even having a tiny gardening club come at your home once a week is a fun diversion (and useful). Yeah it's easy to abuse the system, but I use it more as a roleplaying for the sims I like, using the clubs to make them do what most suit their personality - or fill their fridge.. Or only watch a movie and have popcorn.

But I can literally do all of those things without a clumsy club system... What does it add? nothing. I could just invite 5 sims separately somewhere. I don't get the appeal.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:47 AM
because when an activity is set for a club, they tend to do it and they focus on it. It's more effective than only inviting 5 sims yourself. And you can make them do stuff they won't do if invited (like cooking or gardening). Exemple: the food club: invite them to your house and watch the tornado: they'll bee line to your kitchen, start cooking and chatting, make like 5 plates of food, all while chatting happily and eating. it's very impressive to watch. you want to be an ass? end the club reunion and watch them bee line to go away and you keep all the food and you're set for a week of plates. It's more effective and streamlined and avoids you making a gazillion clicks or insisting to play a game of chess because your invited sims prefer to dance on your stereo! If you only invite them you cannot stop the unwanted behavior - or at least it's very hard. But make a chess club and the behavior issue is solved.
Theorist
#25 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:52 AM
because when an activity is set for a club, they tend to do it and they focus on it. It's more effective than only inviting 5 sims yourself. And you can make them do stuff they won't do if invited. Exemple: the food club: invite them to your house and watch the tornado: they'll bee line to your kitchen, start cooking and chatting, make like 5 plates of food, all while chatting happily and eating. it's very impressive to watch. you want to be an ass? end the club reunion and watch them bee line to go away and you keep all the food and you're set for a week of plates. It's more effective and streamlined and avoids you making a gazillion clicks or insisting to play a game of chess because your invited sims prefer to dance on your stereo! If you only invite them you cannot stop the unwanted behavior - or at least it's very hard. But make a chess club and the behavior issue is solved.

I've yet to see Sims actually do what their club espects them to do without an extreme level of difficulty, but if you enjoy them more than literally being able to be a doctor, then I guess it's just your thing. Me? I hate people. Why would I want to go out of my way to actively hang out with people for fun. As though such an act is capable of generating fun, and not just endless anxiety and stress. Socialising is the most boring, monotonous grind fest ever. If I could just make my family and delete literally EVERY other sim in the game I'd be much happier. But no. The game will just generate more obnoxiously social wastes of code.
Page 1 of 2