Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 4:35 AM Last edited by Bur1440 : 22nd Jul 2017 at 3:47 AM.
Default Favorite, Least Favorite Objects
I was wondering if anyone has ever asked the sim playing people what there fav object was and there worst. I am asking only about EA objects not CC or MODS. Include all sims games if you want and please don't start the this game is better then that game.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 11:29 AM
I don't have just one and, off the top of my head, three favorites that immediately come to mind are the recycling trash compactor, play clay, and the journal. But there are more. Least favorite? Fitness equipment. Oversized telescope - make it smaller and I would like it.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#3 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 1:03 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 19th Jul 2017 at 1:26 PM.
If we're talking sims 4? I might very well have to say the yoga mats. They're small (if you use moveobjects on), portable, provide a little bit of fun, and help your sim slim down while also providing a variety of emotional boosts. Keeping it to Sims 4 I'm going to have to say any of the oversized objects are the worst additions. These include the Telescope, microscope, gaming rig¹, cupcake factory, and giant playground equipment²

I've played Sims 2 and 3 with so many mods for so long I have trouble remembering what is and isn't custom.

¹ As a replacement for video game consoles pre-Cilty Living. It is fine as it's own item.
² As a replacement for playground equipment like swings and slides. It is fine as it's own item.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 1:12 PM
From the sims 3 it's not an object that I love, it's a skill: martial arts (and not only for the thousands of simoleons tiberium brings...)! I can watch my sims sparring for hours, especially when they are on high levels and it looks like they are dancing in mid-air!

From the sims 4 it's the karaoke machine (and the skill). When my sims are high-skilled enough to actually sing, I make them "suffer" because they always have to sing "Hotter than sin" and "Fool's prayer" for hours (real-life hours, lol!!!)
I hate the telescope and the microscope. They are huge and I place them only if a sim really needs them and is rich enough to have a big house with a very large back yard (but they still look hideous!!!).
Theorist
#5 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 1:55 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 19th Jul 2017 at 3:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
From the sims 3 it's not an object that I love, it's a skill: martial arts (and not only for the thousands of simoleons tiberium brings...)!

While I agree with your sentiments towards martial arts, I am confused what it has to do with Tiberium... Did I miss something important? Besides them coming in the same pack I mean.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 3:04 PM
Oh, yes - martial arts is king! Oh, and yoga! More than the mats, I love the wall speaker that came with the yoga stuff pack in Sims 4 and the New Age music is almost always playing at my home. I also liked the crafting items in Sims 2, the fooseball and volley ball in Sims 1, the bars in Sims 3 and 4, the boats in Sims 3, the little mini bar thing in Sims 4, the pool table and bar in Sims 1, the genie lamp in Sims 1. I loved the spinning wheel and butter churn from Sims 1 and the swim-in diving tank and the flying thing, too. I love the horses and the bicycles in Sims 3. I told you there was more. Hard to focus on just one or two items.

Karyoke is great, especially when they play retro classics from Sims 1. But my favorite Sims 1 music is shopping mode, so I love that they added that station in Sims 2.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 3:20 PM
I forgot to put mine in fav is the violin once they get high enough skill as I love violin music, my worse along with over sized telescope and microscope, has to be the talking toilet. I think that was the worst thing they have come up with.
Theorist
#8 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
I forgot to put mine in fav is the violin once they get high enough skill as I love violin music
Violin is absolutely my favourite instrument in the sims series because it's pretty timeless. You can use it (visually at least) in games from medieval times right up to ultra-modern.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 4:02 PM
I can't think of an favorite right now but the worst "object" is the smartphone in the sims 4
Scholar
#10 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 6:40 PM
I like the telescope-observatory, although I wish there was at least 2 versions of telescopes, the observatory size for larger properties and a small telescope for apartment dwelling (duh) or smaller homes.

I hate the microscope. Whhhhhhy couldn't it just be a small desk sized version? :/ I hate the cupcake maker but I love the cupcakes. ;_; Suprised nobody mentioned that.

I love the Pipe organ, because I love music and this reminds me a bit of The Phantom of the Opera, he had a pipe organ. I just love their haunting sound. I like the motion gaming rig, only problem I have with that, similar to the sims 3 trampoline, is the amount of time spent wanting to play on it. Thats why i like Coolspears motion gaming rig mod. But I really like the idea of high tech stuff in sims, particularly awesome in homes that are like spaceships.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 8:59 PM
Worst objects I'll say babies.

Amazing object: the pee-able bush.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 12:20 PM Last edited by natbsim75 : 20th Jul 2017 at 1:17 PM.
@ ShigemiNotoge

When sims master the martial arts skill they can break space rocks on the board breaker, they have the chance to find gems and one of the gems they have the possibility to find is tiberium. Getting it cut with a gem cutter (or sending it by the mailbox to get cut) you can have 1-2 spiral cuts and 1-2 gem dusts. Gem dust can be left outside in the yard to "grow" and it gives more spiral cut tiberium which can cost about 30-40.000 simoleons. If the sim is lucky it's a pretty cheap way to go from "rugs to riches", lol!

I still have a sims 3 save where I played a very poor family who lived in Twinbrook and had a tiny starter home. Husband was in the military career and his wife was a self-employed painter (I miss self-employment in the sims 4 so much!) and they had a baby girl. When the baby aged up to a toddler they started to roll wishes for another baby but the only place to put a baby in this house would be the... garden, so for a while it was out of the question! Until the husband took a career opportunity to learn the martial arts skill, he mastered it and after some space rock-breaking he found tiberium. He cut it and the result was 2 spiral cuts worh about 7000 simoleons each and... 2 jem dusts which grew to 2 more spiral cuts worth about 45000 simoleons each!!! Almost like winning the lottery... Next day they moved to a much bigger and prettier house and they got a car! Today they live in the celebrity area of Bridgeport, they have 6 children and they are literaly millionaires (from more tiberium, of cource!!!), lol!

Edit to add one more thing about OP question:
One actual object I really love from the Sims 3 (and I really-really miss it in the Sims 4!) is the laptop! Why can't we have laptops in the sims 4??? (sigh!!!)
Theorist
#13 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
When sims master the martial arts skill they can break space rocks on the board breaker, they have the chance to find gems and one of the gems they have the possibility to find is tiberium

I knew what Tiberium was, and what it did, I just wasn't aware it came from board breaking. I always found it with dogs :x

Thank you for the info.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 7:12 PM Last edited by grindingteeth : 28th Jul 2017 at 2:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Oh, that's true, I absolutely hate that oversized telescope from TS4 - you'll never see it in my houses.

Going to jump on the bandwagon here - I really hate the observatory, mostly because it's a replacement for the telescope, which makes it a giant inconvenience. There's only one lot I've ever used it, and it's mostly disguised

I couldn't think of a better 'bad' object after babies, I think that truly tops them all.

Awesome object(s)?
All the dings and cracks in the wall that came with the Vampire pack. I love them and use them a lot. They aren't game changing... but they get used.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 7:28 PM
Ooooh, this is tricky.

My favorite object might be booths and sectionals from TS2 (exclusively). There are only a small few designs in TS2, but they're designed incredibly well, so they looks good in a variety of venues, unlike the secrionslas im TS3 which are an absolute eyesore. As a builder, asthetics matters and those four modular chairs went a nightly long way.

My least favorite is the dance floor from the Sims 3 store. The designs itself doesn't allow for a lot of creativity, the animations are either lazily made or copied, and it doesn't provide anything long term in particular. It's just an all around bad item.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#16 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 8:27 PM
Favourite: Volleyball net from Sims 1, workbench (all the way, in every sims game), fishing rod, swimming pool with waterslide and diving board/tower.
Looks as if I'd be fine with my sims living on a beach lot, eating fish and carving wooden idols for tourists for a living, lol.

Least favourite: No idea. Obviously something so boring and useless that I don't use it and have forgotten it even exists. It's nothing that was mentioned so far in this thread.

Hated "object": Not per se an object, but I detest the school- and career rabbitholes in Sims 3 that introduced travel times. It's either suffering that or putting the workplaces of all your sims in the household around the home lot. Wow, cosy.
Inventor
#17 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 9:00 PM Last edited by Naus Allien : 20th Jul 2017 at 11:16 PM.
Ok, since we're doing this, we better do it right. My favorite and hated objects from every game:

TS1:
FAVORITE: Costume Trunk. I had so much fun with this object, doing themed party after themed party. I loved the fact Sims danced differently depending on the style chosen. There were soooo many different outfits too, at least 100.
HATED: Guinea Pig: This "beautiful" creature killed a very dear Sim of mine. I had no idea Sims could get sick by playing with this devil's spawn neither did I know how to cure them. I was only 9 years old at that time, so I was pretty traumatized by the event (I'd been playing that Sim for months).

TS2:
FAVORITE: Definitely the helicopter. When my Sim reached the top of his career and a freaking helicopter appeared to peak him up, I was like... It was also fully animated and very well designed. Pretty much what everything in TS2 was (sans some exceptions) like...
HATED: The Genie Lamp. If you're going to bring something back from previous game, you improve it somehow. But no, the Genie in TS2 Hobbies is not only the most boring life state but also a lite version of TS1 Genie, stripped of his devious nature (I always considered TS1 Genie PURE EVIL).

TS3:
FAVORITE: Bunk beds. Yes, it's a strange choice but it's such a great object to save space and allows for interesting bedroom designs.
HATED: Chess table. Yes, such a simple object but God they effed up here. I used to love watching my Sims play real chess in TS2, but for TS3 they simplified the animations (and the mesh itself) and I hated that. TS3 is a good game but there were many little things that got lost in the development of this game. The simplification of the chess table is the best example of the worst TS3 has to offer (laziness).

TS4:
FAVORITE: Don't Wake the Llama. I love Jenga and similar type of games, and I love activities many Sims can do together. Up to four Sims can play at the same time and the animations are quite good, even though they are not really playing. TS2 had a bunch of group activities like this and I wish TS4 had more (though it has more than TS3).
HATED: EVERY SINGLE OVERSIZED OBJECT. I don't hate them, I'm repulsed by them. The cupcake factory (compare it to TS3 Chinese Fortune Cookie maker to see how it should've looked), the telescope (more like an observatory) and especially the FREAKING MONSTRUOUS MICROSCOPE!! I just can't think about it. It's disgusting.

BONUS: TSM
FAVORITE: The Pit. Yes, I can finally kill Sims with tools provided by the developers and in a very cartoony but Sim-like manner (not gory like most mods). More of this, please.
HATED: I can't think of an object I hate, but I can definitely of one type of object the game desperately needed: means of transportation. I'm sure that if TSM had survived past one EP, horses would've been added since most of the work was already done for TS3 Pets (and animations and most assets between games are fully compatible) but still they should have added something to the base game, maybe some sort of fast travel or something. It takes a looong time to go from one place to another and for a game with time sensitive quests that's a no, no (for a Sims game, of course).
Field Researcher
#18 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Ok, since we're doing this, we better do it right.

Yeah, I'd say this was done right XD - whole post makes me very happy, and nostalgic.

Edit: Also reminded me that I have never even used the cupcake factory because it's actually the ugliest thing I've ever seen - and to that, I guess Enki has a point
(the worst thing is something you've blocked out your mind, lmao)
Mad Poster
#19 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 11:01 PM
I suggest changing the thread title, OP. Too vague for my taste.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 8:17 PM
Hmm it's not one single thing but whatever.
Sims 1:
Loved the Servo bot, so useful (and loved his little hat when he's gardening!) Also loved the stone cake oven thing. Buy ingredients then make all those cakes and breads, you could use some of your harvests too. The metal detector was a must during my sims vacations, also volley ball! ^^ The pets: they're the best of the series, hands down.
Hated that guinea mass murderer, it should be renamed Dexter! Also that sims had 256464 interests or whatever it is that makes it that 2 sims could never talk about anything without disagreeing and shoving each other.

Sims 2:
Loved the karaoke machine, that made me chuckle. Also love the garden flowers and shrubs that would wilt / overgrow when not cared for and raise up again when watered. Miss that. Loved all the foods and CC foods! So pretty and yummy. Loved the parties, so wild and fun. The babies, tots, teens and elders. The mood failures or whatever it was called.
Hated the fact that every time I went on a comm lot (or a shop I owned) there would be a fight. Always. gah. -.- Also that cemeteries were basically loopapa land where everyone had fun putting soaps in my fountains. Then a fight would break, of course.. Also deeply hated the ghosts, they replaced the guinea pig as mass murderers! Also the servos, very lame.

Sims 3:
Loved everything! haha okay only a few things: Blowing up things, hilarious! Laundry. Diving underwater. Snow activities. Real gnomes. CAST (my dearest love, with it you can make incredibly filthy places, or golden penthouses or a granny home so easily). The ghosts (the best of all the games IMO). The elders. The grumpy sims. The evil ones. The crazy ones. the 364848 traits we had. The moodlets.
Hated the lame parties. And the babies. The feeling of impending doom if you play for too many generations or if you play too many families, like a huge spider slowly crawling on your back. Being scared every time I saved. Error 12 >.<

Sims 4:
Love the tots, soooo <3, love the build easiness (pull this wall, raise that, make that bigger, etc), love the kids and teens mood swings (hilarious). Gardening/harvesting/cooking. With some mods and tweaks you can make autosufficient sims.(is that a word?). All the different drinks. The parties are fun, not as in Sims 2 but still fun.
Hate that you always have the same sims everywhere (I should check if that mod is updated),.No CAST. Also the babies. And those huge ass objects (telescope, microscope, space rocket.)

And I agree that your title is very vague.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
TS2:
FAVORITE: Definitely the helicopter. When my Sim reached the top of his career and a freaking helicopter appeared to peak him up, I was like... It was also fully animated and very well designed.
These are the small details from TS2 I miss! There are many more examples, but I remember exactly that I had the same reaction when it happened :lovestruc