Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#301 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 6:10 PM
Actually, nothing needs to be moved with the exception of the d3dx9_31.dll which just has to be copied - but all the actual custom content can stay in the base game folder.

ShanOw: Depends. For just news, an RSS already exists. For the featured items, though, no such thing exists.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#302 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 6:26 PM
What i think could need improval is the transperency of the upload system, it works good as it is now, no doubt, but i would suggest a few things..

- The "Approval/Rejected/Changes required" PM should show the moderator's name, so you know who is responsible for your upload.

- Add a counter which shows, how many uploads there are currently in queue and how many there are in a specific area. "Changes required" counts as Approval and so would not show up. This could also be added in the site menu under "Create" as "Upload Queue"

- "Changes required" posts have priority over other uploads (If this not already the case, enlighten me on that one)

These were some of the things i always thought about, when it came to the upload system. I already wrote a PM to you once Delphy and in short you told me "Just upload and be patient", but for me there could be more transperency in the upload system.

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#303 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 6:45 PM
Moderator name will never be shown - who does what area is intentionally not public, because each individual upload may be looked at by multiple staff members while one clicks the buttons, and tbh, back when we -did- have it public, it didn't really help anything and the staff involved got some really nasty hate mail. We -are- looking at upgrading the Creator Issues system so that questions there get answered better (which is about the only reason I can think creators would need to be able to speak directly to whoever does their individual uploads).

There is a counter for the queue - but I don't see it being useful in public.

Changes required stuff usually does have priority, if it's been updated.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#304 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 7:03 PM
explain more in 'help' coz i'm new here and they don't give me much info

who knew i could be so stupid?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#305 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 7:59 PM
silly-samus, you've never *posted* in Help, so what is this based on?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Alchemist
#306 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
silly-samus, you've never *posted* in Help, so what is this based on?

I think she means the "Help" drop down menu.
Banned
#307 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 9:21 PM
When you see on the downloads page for instance Adult/Female/Everyday. I think it would be helpful to also see Adult/Female/Everyday/Mesh, or Adult/Female/Everyday/Maxis Recolor or Adult/Female/Everyday/Mesh Recolor. It would save a lot of trouble to people looking for certain things, without having to click on it if they preffer not to download that type of thing. I know I sometimes see an awesome piece of clothing, but I never actually download it because it's a Mesh Recolor, and I never download those.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#308 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 9:31 PM
Why not just filter out recolours?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Banned
#309 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 5:44 PM Last edited by joninmobile : 2nd Dec 2009 at 9:30 AM.
Because generally I like to download both new meshes, and Maxis recolors, and there is no search tick box for both of those.

Edit to add another suggestion:

I really love all of sapphiresims smilieys. I think it would be really cool if modthesims had all the smilieys that sapphiresims has, I think we should since sapphire is hosted by us, it would be easy to get access to them as well. They are so cute and fanciful, I always have so much fun with them. Of course it's completley up to you, but I just love sapphiresims smileys and would like to see them here too.

Edit to add another one:

I think it would be cool if you extended the privilages of people in social groups to invite people to join a group if you are a member of a group, not just if you own the group. I have several groups that I am a member of that I didn't start, that I think some people here would enjoy.
The other one
#310 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
...I'm not going to add a feature that causes headaches and work for all the staff...

My suggestion maybe falls into that category but if you don't ask...

For new uploads would it be possible to add a rule which stipulates a specific file naming format? eg a new pattern would have to be named in the following format to be accepted, 'MTS_pattern_category it falls under_short description_creator's username'.

It wouldn't help with all the current downloads but it could go a long way to preventing future headaches among CC addicts. I've certainly noticed quite a bit of grumbling in forums about keeping track of CC.

EDIT: I guess this would only need to apply to TS3 since as far as I remember there were better ways of keeping track of CC for TS2

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#311 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 9:33 PM
missroxor: Creators would not be happy to have someone else's naming convention shoved down their throat. Not everyone would agree with the suggested order, after all, and it would also be a big pain to enforce. On the other hand, it's quite easy to rename the files however you like after you've downloaded them.
The other one
#312 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 9:52 PM
I didn't mean that the example I gave is exactly how it should be done, it was just a suggestion. I don't see it as ramming it down people's throats either since there is already certain rules that have to be followed and criteria met for uploads to be accepted. I just thought this could be tacked onto the already existing rules so that uploads come with an easy to read standard name that can be filed easily maiking it more user friendly

I agree, at the end of the day it is down to the individual to do their own housekeeping and I shouldn't expect you guys to mother us lot, especially if it's such a nause to enforce but like I said, if you don't ask, you don't get

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Forum Resident
#313 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 8:14 AM
I have another suggestion:

As is it is now the small description line under your download-title in the download-list is just the first part of your upload text. Why not add a small textbox to the uploadmanager/Maintext where you have lets say 100 characters free, to add a small description for your download.

I know this would also be a problem and would mean more work for the upload mods, because it's another thing they MUST check and it's prone to abuse i think, like "DOWNLOAD HERE!!1" "AWESOME UPLOAD, CHECK IT OUT" you know what i mean.
There you could add a info-line in the uploadloadmanager to tell the uploader that an abusive text in this small desciption leads to a rejection.

This just came to my mind, as this text under your uploadtitle is kind of a filler at the moment imo, so i'm interested what you siteadmins think about this.

-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#314 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 8:37 AM
Slipslop: I had the same idea about 2 years ago and even added a "preview" field to the database to handle it - but I then promptly forgot all about it. It's a good idea though, especially with the dual column view.

Site Helper
#315 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 1:18 AM
Now that I've become eligible for one I've been a bit hesitant to keep bringing it up, but we were promised that contest winners would get an icon under our name like we had at S2C. And you did seem to like the idea of a first place blue ribbon...

It might even generate more interest in the contests.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Banned
#316 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 7:14 PM
I'd like to see symbols in search terms. Took me quite a while to figure out why

-Maylin- wasn't showing up in the user search. Until I just typed in Maylin, and it worked. There are a lot of users with symbols in their names, so I think it would be helpful if the user search included those terms.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#317 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 11:02 PM
Ah I remembered something! I don't know if I'm missing anthing, but joining social groups is kinda confusing. Like to join a group, you have to go back to the Social Groups Home and click the join link from there. Wouldn't it be easier if you could join in the actual group forum?

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#318 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 8:54 AM
daluved1: You already can. It's a bit small but it's there.

For example, if you view all the threads in the Where the coffee is group you see at the top:

You are currently viewing all threads in the Where the coffee is group - For the adult simmers. To go back to view all threads click here. To go to the groups control panel, click here. To join this group, click here.

Notice the last bit.

Forum Resident
#319 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 6:39 PM Last edited by SimsShine : 17th Dec 2009 at 8:06 PM.
Maybe connect your personal e-mail address with your MTS account?
Like, when you get a PM in your MTS inbox (that your upload is approved, or just a PM from an other person) , there will be sent an automatic message to your (hotmail/yahoo/msn/etc..) address.
With a direct link to the PM you received.

I can't explain very well. My english is not so good. It's just that you don't need to check your account everytime to see if your creation has been approved/cancelled, that you have a PM from an other person or that someone has replied on a thread of you. So you can respond quickly.

Here is an example:

- You click on --> user links --> edit profile
- Somewhere on that page is a field where you can type your e-mail addres that you use everyday (like your hotmail, msn or yahoo mail). This address will be private.
- You go to the CFF to make a new thread. Now it's waiting for someone to reply...
- Now that you entered your addres in the field, you'll get an automatic message from MTS that someone replied to your thread or has PM'd you.
Like: Hello 'account name', someone has replied on 'thread name'. Click here (link to exact thread) to see the message. And so on.

I hope it's a bit clear , and I hope it's possible, because that would be really handy! :D

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Forum Resident
#320 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Slipslop: I had the same idea about 2 years ago and even added a "preview" field to the database to handle it - but I then promptly forgot all about it. It's a good idea though, especially with the dual column view.

I want to say thank you, for implementing the description textbox, Kudos!

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#321 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 4:02 PM
SimsShine, we used to have email notification, but the load was huge and it slowed everything right down. We might reimplement it in a stripped-down form someday, but it's not really a high priority.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Banned
#322 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 7:10 PM
Just a small nitpick, I noticed that in our profiles, sims 3 games purchased is way at the top near all of our im things and in between sims 3 games purchased and sims 2 game purchased is all of our profile details like location, and all of that. Shouldn't sims 3 games purchased be right near sims 2 games purchased, either right above it, or right below it?
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#323 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 3:56 PM
I don't know if someone has said this yet, but I miss the "My Feedback" button in the navbar and also the "scorecard" one. I don't know if I'm missing something, maybe it's easier to see them, but each time that I want to go to my feedback posts I have to go to my profile, then to my scorecard and after that to my "User Control Panel". I'd love them back in the navbar
That's my only suggestion ^-^ Thanks for the awesome site =)

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#324 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 8:09 PM
Vampire_aninyosaloh: They're in the "User Links" menu on the top right of the screen, under the "Creator Tools" heading.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#325 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 8:18 PM
Oh! Nice!! I see them now! Thanks a lot! ^-^

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Page 13 of 15