Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 7:45 PM
By that, do you mean you went through all steps at the link i gave you..up to the regedit part(last step)?
Or if you just used CCleaner?
If you did, then yes. It would be time to install your game.
If you only used CCleaner, and did not manually(using regedit) cleaned up the registry off potential left-overs...I personally think you'd waste your time re-installing now.
I've been manually cleaning my registry since the day I've learned how to proceed. Never had problems after that, in spite of the numerous times I've had to re-install everything. But you are not me.
I use disks, but since you use UC, I guess you have no other choice than install via origin, when ready to re-install.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
By that, do you mean you went through all steps at the link i gave you..up to the regedit part(last step)?
Or if you just used CCleaner?
If you did, then yes. It would be time to install your game.
If you only used CCleaner, and did not manually(using regedit) cleaned up the registry off potential left-overs...I personally think you'd waste your time re-installing now.
I've been manually cleaning my registry since the day I've learned how to proceed. Never had problems after that, in spite of the numerous times I've had to re-install everything. But you are not me.
I use disks, but since you use UC, I guess you have no other choice than install via origin, when ready to re-install.

Well, I went through all the steps in the link provided. At the part where it suggested CCleaner, I ran the program and went through all the individual steps for that. I'm going to install TS2 right now. Everyone cross your fingers and hope for the best....
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 8:43 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 16th Sep 2017 at 9:19 PM.
*is sitting on the edge of her chair*
About contacting EA, the forums, boards does not seem like the way to go. You'd be better off contacting them by phone, and talk to someone.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...311#post5272311

Mad Poster
#29 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:49 PM
There is no Sims 2, though, on the EA site anymore, neither is there a topic for the Ultimate Collection.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:54 PM
But you can still contact EA by phone. I did it recently, as i thought I had lost some of my games. i could not see them anymore in my library or game owned tab thing.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 2:54 AM
Well, I booted up the game and......I just got a black screen and had to Alt+Tab to get out. So. That's great. What do I do now?
Mad Poster
#32 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 2:57 AM
The first time you launch the game, it can take time, and there will be a black screen. How long did you wait before alt-tab it?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
The first time you launch the game, it can take time, and there will be a black screen. How long did you wait before alt-tab it?

About a minute. Maybe I should give it around ten minutes or so?
Mad Poster
#34 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 3:00 AM
I doubt it would take 10 minutes..especially with a vanilla game no CC no downloads.. Just give it time.

Alchemist
#35 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 3:05 AM
I would also try minimizing the game if it's stuck on a black screen, then maximizing it. I'm not sure why, but in my experience, it works for some reason.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 3:15 AM
Typing this from my phone. 9 minutes into a stopwatch with nothing on the screen and no sound. I closed and re-ran the program and i got the same effect.
I cannott minimize the game because it is not in windowed mode. I alt-tabbed out and back into it and nothing has changed.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 3:21 AM
You can always minimize by just hitting the Window key. I never play in windowed mode, and often minimize out of game.
This is strange..it should be launching...

Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 3:23 AM
I managed to alt-tab. 18 minutes and still nothing. I saw a reddit post about changing a refresh rate but I don't know how I would go about that.

EDIT: I'm going to forceclose it with Task Manager and then try to reload it minimized, we'll see if that has an effect.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 3:27 AM
Have you created a shortcut on your desktop? or are you using what was created when you installed? I'd use a shortcut. but I am on disks, so i would not know from what ep folder it has to be taken from...
I must go to the store before it closes, but I'll be back. lol

Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 3:50 AM
I used compatibility mode. It loaded the game. I went into a family and the game crashed. So we're back to square one. Literally, nothing has changed at all.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 4:04 AM
wow..now that is something. New installation, new files etc..It's not like your copy of UC could be broken right out of its box!
Have you tried creating a shortcut?
This PC > Windows (C): > Program Files x86 > Origin Games > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection > Fun with Pets > SP9 > TSBin > Sims2EP9.exe
Right click on Sims2EP9.exe and choose to send a shortcut to your desktop. then launch again, from that shortcut?

Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 9:29 AM Last edited by Lili975 : 17th Sep 2017 at 10:00 AM.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:Game_Problem
I would first go through this tutorial in order, to eliminate the most likely issues.

Then, I would definitely read this post:
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6688
to get rid of securom. That plague can start preventing the game to load out of the blue one day, even if you don't recall changing anything between the last time it loaded fine, and the first time it tells you the app has crashed, isn't compatible, or whatever. That has been my experience, with the original game disk inserted in the computer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#43 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 3:51 AM
Alright, I see what everyone has said. I was really busy today and I didn't get a chance to work on fixing TS2. I'll give it another shot about 14-15 hours after this comment goes up (if I remember) and report back. Once again, thanks everyone for your help and have a great night.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 11:11 PM
Okay, so I did the Securom thing. The game just launched into black. Nothing happened at all. Even Alt+Tab-ing had no result, so I had to turn off my computer and turn it back on. What now? I'm open to trying more stuff as long as you keep suggesting it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 11:31 PM
I would try asking for help over on Leefish, there are some very tech savvy people over there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 12:48 AM
If the symptoms are crashing to a solid black screen then I suspect either video drivers or resolution not being addressed by the game engine correctly. Normally if there are HDD or RAM problems you'll get at least error messages waaay before even starting any game. I'd be curious to try another resolution and/or change game config file to see if it works. 90% of the computer woes I've had to fix over the years were software related. Either the OS or apps. If other games work, and Sims2 did previously work on the same machine with the same software then I have to wonder what software variable(s) changed that the engine yielded errors at. Initially you got errors everywhere from within the Sims2. That tells me that it was at least partially functioning. Not being to load it at all and upset failure to black screen is more serious than broken CC/hoods/etc.

I agree about uninstalling/re-installing not being a good thing for the OS or it's registry. That's why I image a pristine vanilla OS with the least amount of software possible... so that When failures occur I can saved whatever data to a thumb/flash drive and then blow away the entire partition and reload Everything (registry/etc.) Only thing I don't recommend touching is BIOS. Manufacturer's even offer updates to those but just because they have an update doesn't mean it's better or even imperative to install. If it ain't broke don't fix it kinda thing.

Right now it's not even loading the game. Try checking the video first. Here's some clickies: https://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedi...patibility-with https://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-...solution-guide/

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 12:39 AM
Thank you all once again! I've been very busy and I've been unable to try anything you've just suggested. I'll try this stuff tomorrow and we'll see how it goes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#48 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 12:19 AM
Hello! Sorry for the lack of a reply; I've been too busy PLAYING TS2! The Graphics Rules Maker thing fixed it. I can enter households, make new sims, and build houses. It all works. Later I'm going to introduce mods, but for now, we're good. Thanks everyone for your help!
Mad Poster
#49 Old 27th Sep 2017 at 12:49 AM
Oh!!! This is a great news! Enjoy... and don't mind us

Page 2 of 2