Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 12:31 AM
Default *debug*
When I am in buy mode and I see the description of **DEBUG** under a piece of content, what exactly does that mean? I have seen it for plants, paintings, clutter - but my game runs fine and I have not had a problem using the content. I try to remove the content like that anyway, and I also run my CC through S4S, but I never see **DEBUG** under the description in S4S.
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 1:57 PM
Maxis apply that generic string to most objects that are supposed to remain hidden. They could not be bothered to write a proper description for it, as it was never meant to be seen. Many objects have multiple versions, such as fruit for instance, the version your sim will harvest and have in inventory with proper string descriptions, and a debug version you're not meant to see in game, with the debug string. It is not a fault or an error, but an implementation made by Maxis. Don't try to delete these debug objects from the game or edit them with S4S, or you sims will have serious problems trying to interact with the object's non-debug counterparts.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 6:16 PM
ah. thanks! None of the objects are maxis though (that I have seen) - they are cc that I have downloaded. I am not savvy enough to edit Maxis-created game objects - all I do is re-categorize clothing correctly, lower prices on cc and delete swatches. Thanks again!!