Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 3:03 AM
Default Shop owner does not do anything
I have created some shops, to sell items such as TVs or decorative plants. When the sim that owns the lot plays it, everything is fine. But when I visit the shop with some other sim, I can't buy anything. The active sim grabs the item, goes to pay for it... and the owner stays idle, not doing anything, ignoring the customer that wants to pay. Same thing happens if my active sim is simply there, and it is some townie who tries to buy something.

I tried removing all the shop-related hacks, but the problem persists. What else can I do?

And this last time looking back I'll see my home, for she awaits me reaching for my soul. She calls my name, and waves me on. The fallen one, she stands in flames
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 3:14 AM
This is a design flaw in the game itself. Either:

1. Make the owner temporarily selectable (the Blender or Inge's cat teleporter can do this, as well as good old testingcheatsenabled) and send them to ring up the customers.
2. Get Pescado's businessrunsyou. Get the big hammer and sickle and stick it on the wall (I usually put it in a bathroom). There's an option for uncontrolled owner - set that to cashier.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 8:09 AM
It can take an owner a long time to get to the till, it works best if you hire somebody and they are assigned to work the till, because the owner isn't technically assigned to anything. It's not a mod conflict it's just annoying vanilla game behavior. If you wait long enough they should come over to ring them up at some point. I find it easier to either hire somebody (hire family members mod allows you to hire and assign sims from the same house) or use an automatic till or what ihate suggested. In some of my shops I click on the sim, make them selectable and tell them to go ring up the customer.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 3:40 PM
I don't have that issue and I don't have Business Runs You or any OFB facilitator as far as I know. So I think you should test by removing more than your shop-related hacks.
Like Jo said, you might have to wait a little if the owner is busy elsewhere, restocking usually, but the fact that your owner stands idle sounds fishy.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
This is a design flaw in the game itself. Either:

1. Make the owner temporarily selectable (the Blender or Inge's cat teleporter can do this, as well as good old testingcheatsenabled) and send them to ring up the customers.
2. Get Pescado's businessrunsyou. Get the big hammer and sickle and stick it on the wall (I usually put it in a bathroom). There's an option for uncontrolled owner - set that to cashier.

I have the same problem, and I'm sure it doesn't have to do with mods. In my case, the owner wasn't even restocking stuff or anything, just staring at things and casually talking with people. I haven't tried it yet, but this looks promising to me