Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 12:31 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Sims 2 UC crashes in CAS and when I try to load a family.
Hello! I'm having some issues with TS2.
The game worked in Windows 8 and in Windows 10 for some months. The issues described in the title began around June. The game was working one day; I was building houses in Pleasantview. I noticed some glitches, like one sim's portrait being shown twice and representing a separate sim, but I shrugged it off. The next day, I tried to load my family multiple times and each time it failed. I tried remaking them in CAS, it crashed. I uninstalled and reinstalled TS2 at least four times. This also has not worked. I've run compatibility mode in 8.1, Vista, etc. When it crashes, the error reports say that "TS2 is not compatible". What does this mean, and how do I bypass it?

I've been forced to play TS3 because I need my sims and TS2 decided it doesn't like my laptop anymore. Please help me. I really want to play The Sims 2 as it is my favorite sims game. I received it for free in July 2014 and I've enjoyed it ever since. Anytime I had a problem with TS2 before this one, I uninstalled and reinstalled, and I had not changed anything drastic about the game before this has happened. I have tried repairing through origin and deleting cache files. this has had no effect. Also, I just went through the entire Mod the Sims TS2 help section, which involved reinstalling the game. Once again...no effect. Please help me!

Specs are down below.
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/12/2017, 18:25:23
Machine name: SJ-PC
Machine Id: {FA63839D-85FF-46AF-89F4-0B49C8AB9F14}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gateway
System Model: NE56R
BIOS: V2.11
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3910MB RAM
Page File: 4098MB used, 3139MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Not Available
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0106&SUBSYS_06491025&REV_09
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 1760 MB
Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: AUO22EC
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.013Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll
Driver File Version: 9.17.0010.4459 (English)
Driver Version: 9.17.10.4459
DDI Version: 11.1
Feature Levels: 10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.2
Graphics Preemption: DMA
Compute Preemption: DMA
Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver
Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Applicable
Power P-states: Not Applicable
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/18/2016 07:00:00 PM, 12935296 bytes
-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_10250649&REV_1001
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.7535 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 6/16/2015 12:00:00 AM, 4504320 bytes
------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 36.0 GB
Total Space: 459.0 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: ST9500325AS

Drive: E:
Model: Slimtype DVD A DS8A8SH
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 1:46 AM
Well, if it's crashing in CAS and when you try to load a family, it sounds like it might be bad CC - did you try running the game without CC and testing?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, if it's crashing in CAS and when you try to load a family, it sounds like it might be bad CC - did you try running the game without CC and testing?

I have never used any clothing, hair, makeup, etc. CC in TS2. I had furniture CC, but removing that did nothing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:14 PM
Have you installed sims with cc? You could check in your Saved sims folder.

if it's not cc you might need to make a back up and repair your game in origin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Have you installed sims with cc? You could check in your Saved sims folder.

if it's not cc you might need to make a back up and repair your game in origin.

All of my CC has been furniture. I did use mods, however, but I also removed those. I did backup my game, and I have reinstalled TS2 and repaired it at least ten times each. It has not worked at all. I don't know if I deleted something on my computer that is integral to TS2, because all of my other games work just fine.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nobienify
All of my CC has been furniture. I did use mods, however, but I also removed those. I did backup my game, and I have reinstalled TS2 and repaired it at least ten times each. It has not worked at all. I don't know if I deleted something on my computer that is integral to TS2, because all of my other games work just fine.

Is there a problem with anyother household in the Neighborhood.

Some ideas.

Make sure to delete your cache files each time before you test.

I would try a few things. Remove your Downloads folder and test to see if the same problem occurs, as there might be something in there that you are forgetting about.

If you don't have the problem with a different household, then it is likely it is something that is wrong with that lot. If so, you might want to make sure that you have a MOD that allows one to teleport Sims and pets and move them in, then load a different household that has room for your old household and then proceed to teleport them over and move them in. Later you can move your Family out and into a new house. Next check to make sure that it safe to buldoze the old lot and then proceed to buldoze it.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Is there a problem with anyother household in the Neighborhood.

Some ideas.

Make sure to delete your cache files each time before you test.

I would try a few things. Remove your Downloads folder and test to see if the same problem occurs, as there might be something in there that you are forgetting about.

If you don't have the problem with a different household, then it is likely it is something that is wrong with that lot. If so, you might want to make sure that you have a MOD that allows one to teleport Sims and pets and move them in, then load a different household that has room for your old household and then proceed to teleport them over and move them in. Later you can move your Family out and into a new house. Next check to make sure that it safe to buldoze the old lot and then proceed to buldoze it.

Not that I want to be disrespectful, but I think you missed part of my post. In the original post, I said that I had deleted the cache files. Forgot to mention that I've also tried removing the Downloads folder to no avail. Also, you said something about me "not having that problem with a different household." Nope, it's every household in every town and every sim I try to make in CAS. Be it the Goths or the Calientes, no one loads on my computer at all. I get the error message that says:
The application has crashed. The application will now terminate.
every single time I've loaded the game.

To recap:
  • Every household in every neighborhood is broken and crashes the game
  • Every new sim created in CAS crashes the game
  • I have run every type of compatibility mode
  • I have deleted the neighborhoods folder multiple times
  • I have deleted the downloads folder multiple times
  • I have deleted the actual Sims 2 folder in Documents/EA Games multiple times
  • Never used custom sims or CAS CC
  • The furniture and mods that I have used, I have deleted
  • uninstalled TS2 and reinstalled TS2 at least 10 times
  • Repaired through origin at least 10 times
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 10:45 PM
Have you checked your antivirus? Could it have quarantined a sims 2 file? I had it remove a file to another old game once and I had to set it as an exception. Repairing once would be all that is needed if that was going to fix anything and yes I did read that you deleted cache files and download folder, saved sims is another folder that can sometimes hide body shop cc which is why I mentioned it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#9 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 10:57 PM
problem might relate to the operating system and/or computer's firewall.
one way to test operating system would be to download and install a virtual computer. it might work better than compatibility mode.
firewall; check if the game is part of the things it blocks.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 11:02 PM
Not that I want to be disrespectful, but I think you missed part of my post.

Unfortunately, it happens more often that we'd like too. I'm afraid you'll need to get used to it.
*runs away before she gets hit by tomatoes*

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 11:03 PM
The firewall is irrelevant, TS2 has no connectivity.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 11:06 PM
My old game isn't connected anywhere either but my antivirus still took it's file.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 11:22 PM
I don't use any antivirus aside from Windows Defender, and I've run full scans on it that have not detected any sims 2 files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 10:09 PM
Is that it, then?

I appreciate everyone trying to help, but everything suggested has already been tried and failed to work. So what do I do now? Do I need to buy a new computer just to play TS2 or somthing?
Alchemist
#15 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 10:27 PM
you might try adding a different operating system to the computer. or you might replace the operating system.
in either case, I would suggest XP.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 11:10 PM
Or Win7.
One thing you did not say when you said you uninstalled TS2 and reinstalled TS2 at least 10 times..
Did you cleaned up your registry as well? Are you sure, no remaining data was left? 10 installs + 10 uninstalls..it ends up adding up.
Can you run BodyShop fine without any trouble?
Have you tried contacting EA? Some employees are quite nice and helpful.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 11:25 PM
Uninstalling can leave behind bits of files and mess things up. Uninstalling and reinstalling should be the last thing you do and 10 times over probably created 10 times the problems. You probably need a registry clean of left over data.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 3:01 AM
Jo..seriously? i just said that. Déjà vu.
I think what you meant was..Ninja'd by....but ok.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Or Win7.
One thing you did not say when you said you uninstalled TS2 and reinstalled TS2 at least 10 times..
Did you cleaned up your registry as well? Are you sure, no remaining data was left? 10 installs + 10 uninstalls..it ends up adding up.
Can you run BodyShop fine without any trouble?
Have you tried contacting EA? Some employees are quite nice and helpful.

I have no idea how to clean up the registry, so that's a no. And I actually wrote a post on EA's AnswerHQ over a week ago and received zero response at all, that's why my backup plan was MTS. At least you guys actually tried to respond; EA didn't do anything to help me at all.

Quote:
Uninstalling can leave behind bits of files and mess things up. Uninstalling and reinstalling should be the last thing you do and 10 times over probably created 10 times the problems. You probably need a registry clean of left over data.

How would I go about fixing these problems? I've always assumed that the best way to fix a broken game would be to either repair it (which didn't work) or reinstall it (which didn't work). At least we're actually getting somewhere!
Alchemist
#20 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 3:26 PM
To clean your registry, download a registry cleaner. I use CCleaner. BUT - You absolutely must back up your registry before deleting anything and be careful what you delete. Deleting the wrong thing can mess up your computer.

And as an aside, CCleaner always offers to delete a bunch of things that are necessary for UC. And anyone who uses the programs together will have to un-check those items before deleting, or they'll end up destroying their install. Which doesn't affect you right now, but it's something to keep in mind if you get your game up and running and ever decide to clean your registry again for some reason.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 3:31 PM
Sims 2 UC works perfectly well on Windows 10, and there is something else wrong here.
I suggest repairing the game through Origin. It will need you to fix the graphics again, and install custom cameras again, if you need them, and you may need certain mods as well depending on if you needed them to work in the first place.
Have a look at the article in my signature.
(Do you use a registry cleaner of some kind? If you do, stop that - it deletes some of the .dll files the game needs to run).
Mad Poster
#22 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 5:51 PM
I have no idea how to clean up the registry, so that's a no. And I actually wrote a post on EA's AnswerHQ over a week ago and received zero response at all, that's why my backup plan was MTS. At least you guys actually tried to respond; EA didn't do anything to help me at all. How would I go about fixing these problems? I've always assumed that the best way to fix a broken game would be to either repair it (which didn't work) or reinstall it (which didn't work). At least we're actually getting somewhere!

Here. All the information you need is here. From uninstall to, really uninstalling, to properly..uninstalling, cleaning every leftover bits, cleaning your registry is done using regedit, last step down the page.
I'd advise you to read the whole thing.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Help:Uninstall
*If* you decide to go along, uninstall your games, clean up registry, re install everything and it still does not work?...I would not know what else to do. Good thing there are many more knowledgeable than me!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 7:05 PM
Quote:
To clean your registry, download a registry cleaner. I use CCleaner. BUT - You absolutely must back up your registry before deleting anything and be careful what you delete. Deleting the wrong thing can mess up your computer. And as an aside, CCleaner always offers to delete a bunch of things that are necessary for UC. And anyone who uses the programs together will have to un-check those items before deleting, or they'll end up destroying their install. Which doesn't affect you right now, but it's something to keep in mind if you get your game up and running and ever decide to clean your registry again for some reason.

I'll try that and report back ASAP.

Quote:
Here. All the information you need is here. From uninstall to, really uninstalling, to properly..uninstalling, cleaning every leftover bits, cleaning your registry is done using regedit, last step down the page. I'd advise you to read the whole thing. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Help:Uninstall *If* you decide to go along, uninstall your games, clean up registry, re install everything and it still does not work?...I would not know what else to do. Good thing there are many more knowledgeable than me!

I'm going to look at that page before I do anything else. We'll see how it goes. Also: thank you for at least admitting that you're not 100% knowledgeable on how to fix this. It's kinda refreshing to see honesty on the Internet. :-)
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 7:10 PM
dont think the problem is actually the neighbours if the game also crashes in cas, but im no expert. i have this problem too and i tried to mess with the graphics on this site http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446. didnt work for me cause i dont have the folders shes talking about, but it may work for you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 7:21 PM
Okay, I've just scanned and cleaned my registry with CC cleaner. What now? Do I reinstall through Origin?
Page 1 of 2