Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 2:59 AM
Default possibility of child sim horse riding in the sims 3
in the new horse ranch expansion pack for the sims 4 it looks like child sims can ride horses unlike in 3, this has got me wondering does 4 now having that functionality mean it might help modders figure out how to do the same for 3?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 6:50 AM
Well it's not really a matter of figuring it out. What's being done there could have easily been done for TS3 as well. It's a lack of dedicated animations and the accompanying interactions for them more than anything.

Though while animations can be imported from TS4, I don't think it would work well in this particular case. So they'd have to be created from scratch.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 6:12 PM
alright and thanks for the explanation, i'm no modder myself( i tried dabbling with it a long time ago and it's just over my head) so i wasn't sure if the new sims 4 expac might help or not.
Imagine Wonderfully!
staff: trainee moderator
#4 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 7:26 PM
This was a project that I had been working on since 2018, and that I gave up on not too long afterwards but then picked it back up again last year. The main "issue" with this kind of mod is the amount of animations having to be remade or converted (I think there's over 200) plus having to figure out the technicalities of it too. So far I'm about halfway with it, but still won't be ready any time soon as I also have it on hold for now. However there's no coding involved (apart from some xml tuning) so I guess that's one good thing about it!

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2023 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetSimmer
So far I'm about halfway with it, but still won't be ready any time soon as I also have it on hold for now.

Of course this thread would not be complete until some wiseguy asks this:

Which half of the horse animations have you completed thus far, the front half or the rear half?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2023 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetSimmer
This was a project that I had been working on since 2018, and that I gave up on not too long afterwards but then picked it back up again last year. The main "issue" with this kind of mod is the amount of animations having to be remade or converted (I think there's over 200) plus having to figure out the technicalities of it too. So far I'm about halfway with it, but still won't be ready any time soon as I also have it on hold for now. However there's no coding involved (apart from some xml tuning) so I guess that's one good thing about it!

Once it's finished I'll love you forever! Lowkey though, I think I have almost every single mod of yours so at least I'll know where to look to LOL!