Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Replacements for "Ideal Plantsim" - universal father of spawned plantbabies

by Sammy79 Posted 1st May 2007 at 6:24 PM - Updated 7th Sep 2009 at 3:51 PM by Sadie79

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st May 2007 at 6:29 PM
woo this will help alot great idea

You are you, and I am me. You do your thing and I'll do mine, and if we end up together in the end, then it's beautiful. --Topanga
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2007 at 6:38 PM
Thanks! I never realized why all my cute little plant babies grew up to be such ogres!! You rock!!
Instructor
#4 Old 1st May 2007 at 6:44 PM
thanx a lot!! all my plant babies had to make a facial surgery after they became adults... but this will help a lot! thak u!!!

hi!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st May 2007 at 7:02 PM
Sadie saves the day! I don't have plant sim spawns yet, but just in case the events happen, I'll definitely have this guy to prevent the facial structure horror. Thanks!

Contests? Challenge? Custom Content?
Find it all, and more, in the link below!
(~☼ Sim Oasis ☼~)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st May 2007 at 7:13 PM
So...how exactly does this work? You just put this guy in your downloads folder and when you spawn a plantbaby, the game automatically draws genetics from him instead of the original? I mean, do you have to 'create' him in CAS, or do you just stick the file in the downloads folder and the game works with him from there? (Sorry--I never understood the alien Pollination Technicians replacements either.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2007 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dawnadoggies
So...how exactly does this work? You just put this guy in your downloads folder and when you spawn a plantbaby, the game automatically draws genetics from him instead of the original? (Sorry--I never understood the alien Pollination Technicians replacements either.)

That's it in a nutshell, yeah

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you approve :D

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st May 2007 at 7:17 PM
Cool, thanks for the quick reply.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st May 2007 at 7:22 PM
I've been hoping someone would do this... all my little plant sims get horrid noses Thanks a lot
Theorist
#10 Old 1st May 2007 at 7:54 PM
Is this dude like Polotition Technition?
A 'Mistery' Sim that no-one can ever see unlususeing SimPE?
Thanks though!!!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st May 2007 at 8:43 PM
Yep, he's just like the Technician. In fact you replace him in the same way, just using a different group ID. It's not just through SimPE you can see him either; in fact I found him by accident while looking through the "Default" family with InSim's summoner, that's how I first found out about this guy :D

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st May 2007 at 9:50 PM
I love this. I wanted it since my first plantbaby ever turned out incredibly ugly. I was wondering if you could give us the group ID of this guy so I can give it a go myself? Great job.

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st May 2007 at 9:53 PM
I was waiting for someone to ask that

The more the merrier It's 0x7F56568B - have fun

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st May 2007 at 10:05 PM
Thank you very much. I play around with the PT all the time. I'm never satisfied. Time to have fun :P.

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
Scholar
#15 Old 1st May 2007 at 10:06 PM
I've not had any of my Sims turn into Plant Sims, however, when and if they do, I won't have the fugly baby syndrome.....thanks so much for sharing....he's really nice looking.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 1st May 2007 at 10:46 PM
I think I'll replace my plantsim... with a plantsim-spike... *snicker* (has had noooo sleep)

** just my 2 cents, ignore it if you wish, rant if you must, but please use the common sense one assumes you were born with **
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st May 2007 at 11:58 PM
Woot - this saves me the trouble of having to extract the thing for myself. Thanks!
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:02 AM
Thank you, i will give it a try!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:42 PM
Ooooh, he's handsome .... Thanks, Sadie, really appreciate it! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd May 2007 at 3:20 PM
You're welcome

Field Researcher
#21 Old 2nd May 2007 at 3:36 PM
My poor ugly plantsims thank you!
Instructor
#22 Old 2nd May 2007 at 5:24 PM Last edited by jordi : 2nd May 2007 at 6:10 PM.
I prefer the original actually over your replacement, but nice work
I can use this as a template for my own replacement...
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd May 2007 at 7:35 PM
Hey, Sadie79. Great Job! That original guy really is ugly, isn't he?

rosamond1968 (aka ppinkstaff @ InSim)

Why can't there be a 'motherlode' cheat in real life?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd May 2007 at 10:06 PM
I still think the version my game created was prettier Strange how these overrides work.. I couldn't find a way to export the guy either, so I started from scratch - I was gonna use the copy mirror to do it so I could shorten his nose...

I might still do that. Interested?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd May 2007 at 12:08 AM
Well hang it, I did it anyway

Sort of. I still had to build from scratch - the copy mirror doesn't work - but I used the picture I took as a reference. I deliberately made it a little different but overall, if you like piercing eyes, high cheekbones and narrow faces... yum is all I can say! In fact I'm gonna use this instead..

Anyone fancy trying this out?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  PlantsimReplacement.rar (101.4 KB, 782 downloads)

Page 1 of 3