Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 9:26 PM
Help Texturing Problem
-Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place

Hello ,
I am currently having problem w/ texturing my custom mesh in TSRW. It seems some of the textures skip part of the mesh and go straight to the legs.

[IMG]HALF Skirt Problem 1[/IMG]
[IMG]HALF Skirt Problem 2[/IMG]

I don't know why though... Also , I don't know if I corrupted TSRW because every time I open it all of the texture boxes in the tab are black ( Multiplier , Overlay , Skin etc; ) . But I would be REALLY happy if someone can help me ,

Thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 10:32 PM
help?.....
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:13 AM
After you have edited a mesh you sometimes need to visit the UVmap to look if diffrent parts not overlap.
In Milkshape: Assigne a material to the mesh(groups tab/new/none/browse/assign and vist the texture coordinate editor(window tab)
There you will find the coordinates of all the parts and you can see wat needs to be moved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
After you have edited a mesh you sometimes need to visit the UVmap to look if diffrent parts not overlap.
In Milkshape: Assigne a material to the mesh(groups tab/new/none/browse/assign and vist the texture coordinate editor(window tab)
There you will find the coordinates of all the parts and you can see wat needs to be moved.

Thanks I will try that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 2:55 AM
Still having the same problem ... HELP ?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 11:37 PM
Maybe you could post some printscreens of your coordinates/uv map so we can take a look? Or your .wrk file.

And how did you started this project? Did you cloned a basegame or clicked "new import" or something like that?
Because if you choose a basegame item, it should come with the textures of this item already (like skin specular, clothing ambient, etc).

I only get this black texture in everything when I clone that red short dress. I don't know why this happens, but when it happens, I have to start the project from zero again. I THINK is a bug... I don't know.

And we have to be careful when importing textures. There is a popup that asks if you want to replace the texture with the one you are uploading, if you click yes to this it will replace. With that red dress, sometimes my specular replaces everything. And I see you have your multiplier in overlay, mask and multiplier section. If this is not because the bug, it should be only in the multiplier section. You can see a explanation about wich textures should be where, here: http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ind...Sims_3_Textures if you know this already please disconsider :p

If you can upload your .wrk file I can take a look on everything and help you.

lavoieri.tumblr.com :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by apocraphex
Maybe you could post some printscreens of your coordinates/uv map so we can take a look? Or your .wrk file.

And how did you started this project? Did you cloned a basegame or clicked "new import" or something like that?
Because if you choose a basegame item, it should come with the textures of this item already (like skin specular, clothing ambient, etc).

I only get this black texture in everything when I clone that red short dress. I don't know why this happens, but when it happens, I have to start the project from zero again. I THINK is a bug... I don't know.

And we have to be careful when importing textures. There is a popup that asks if you want to replace the texture with the one you are uploading, if you click yes to this it will replace. With that red dress, sometimes my specular replaces everything. And I see you have your multiplier in overlay, mask and multiplier section. If this is not because the bug, it should be only in the multiplier section. You can see a explanation about wich textures should be where, here: http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ind...Sims_3_Textures if you know this already please disconsider :p

If you can upload your .wrk file I can take a look on everything and help you.

-Hi
Thanks for your reply.

I have already fixed my blank black texture problem . It seems my GameData folders weren't set up right in TSRW :D. About the multiplier , overlay etc; I understand what to do and fixed it. But in conclusion I just decided to discard this project

Although I am having a different problem . When I use Meshtoolkit to auto create morphs and bones I can still see my reference mesh in the background. But I should make a new thread about that right?
Screenshots