Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

CaS Modifiers bugfix: Aging & Randomization (update V3)

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,127 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 178,400 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 16th Oct 2014 at 3:16 PM
Updated: 24th Oct 2014 at 3:33 PM - Mod updated to V3
Mod is updated to V3. In V2 there was an issue with male lips where the YA had fuller or thicker lips than the teen or adult; this is repaired. Female hips become wider when aging from YA to Adult and again to Elder (this is by design from EA, it is not a 'bug' or 'glitch' if this is what some players think). Wider hips on the adult female is reduced in this V3 so it isn't as noticeable. With the male jaw the V3 allows for larger randomization when creating the Townies on jaw width and jaw upwards (giving a shorter jaw and chin sometimes). These were both reduced to minimum because of the WideJaw issue; the previous mods went overboard on this, which is unnecessary.

V2: Mod is updated to V2, fixing the issues described in the comments. The face being pulled forwards, but then hopping back when aging up or down is fixed. The lips becoming fuller (or not) on female sims when aging is removed. (The elder female still has the thinner wrinkled lips just like the elder male.) The eyebrows lowering on male sims when aging up is removed. The cheeks on male sims becoming gaunter along the side of the face is reduced on adult males, so the difference in face shape between YA and Adult males is not as large. The male jaw and chin can be moved down further by the randomizer, just as was done for females in the V1 version.

Original V1: This mod fixes the issue from the Oct.1st update with YA male sims acquiring the wide jaw and squinty eyes when aging to Adult and Elder, or down to Teen. Also fixed of course in Live Mode with all aging on males. Aging will be as expected previous to the patch. Below is a random male from CaS created as YA and aged up and back down to teen. This sim is untouched by me, no dragging on his chin or earlobes or anywhere else. I hit the randomize button, simple; then the age buttons, simple. Teen is to the left.

If anyone requires "before" screenshots of the wide jaw issue, there are plenty in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=537709

The randomization choices or values when random sims are generated into a game are also altered in many places, for example the female jaw and chin are able to lengthen such that all females will no longer be the chinless wonders. Another example is settings on the nose, where nose width and flattening the nose and turning up the tip of the nose were all set at 0; the consequence being that the preset noses in CaS could be chosen, but wouldn't be pushed or pulled this way or that way (according to me) to create enough variation between one sim and the next one. Below are six female YAs using the randomize button, I have not touched them otherwise. Others with lack of chin will also appear, these six are not six in a row, I'm simply showing here that variation can occur.

The files with settings on the child are not included in this mod, children will be EA vanilla, created based on the genetics of the parents; but here is a screenshot of mother and father with two "play with genetics" children with my mod installed.

This mod uses 9 XML files called CasModifiers, and the 9 corresponding DATA files.

This is a .package mod, unzip and place the .package file in the Mods folder or subfolder.

Custom eyebrows on sims pictured are by Kijiko.
Custom eyes on sims pictured are by Simalicious.

Thanks to lewisb40 and Jenn for testing.

Additional Credits:
Created with the use of s4pe by Kuree and Sims4Group, and the Sims4XML Extractor and Sims4Data tools by velocitygrass.