Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 4:21 AM
Tribes Vengeance
really fun online... post ur thoughts!
Advertisement
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 6:19 AM
Always feels good to play an Australian developed game that is packed full of gameplay goodness. The Australian arm of Irrational has done brilliant things with the Tribes franchise giving us a very solid multiplayer title and a compelling single player game.

I'm not an oldschool Tribes player so the 'dumbing down' issues complained of in Tribes 2 and Tribes: Vengance simply don't bother me. It is an addictive exhilerating first person shooter. Bring it on.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 1:10 PM
Still haven't played it. It's on my long list of good games that I haven't had a chance to try out yet....for one reason or another.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 11:41 AM
They need BOTS
I want BOTS
Please give me BOTS

There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written or badly written.

Oscar Wilde
(1854 - 1900)
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 3:47 PM
I very much agree!

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 10:47 AM
Default agree
yea! they had bots for some earlier tribes games, wonder why they didn't make bots for this one
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 5:24 PM
T:V was..............interesting. Got boring fairly fast and had a ton of bugs. I made maps for T:V and the editor would crash atleast 5 times a day. I'm sry but even with all of T2's faults T2 beat T:V. Heck i'll still play a game of T2 and T1 every now and then.

What i'm waiting for is StarSiege 2845. I already got a map plan ready for it. It was a map I never completed for T:V. Hopefully 2845 will have jetpacks as an accessory or something because this map needs it. I got 95% done with the map and got my 100th crash and said "I'm making a map for a dieing game. Its not worth this.". I had ppl beta testing it and was getting RAVE reviews. Between the underground pool and the glass tunnel there was a place to fight for every taste.

On the topic of bots. One of the devs said they wern't gonna make sophiticated bots for single player and then they look like "kids that ride the short bus" on multiplayer. basically since no one wants to team up with a bot in multiplay you can't play with them.

I just think we should cook and eat all the PETA people.