Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 6:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Trouble loading custom families game crash on loading lot
I'm running Sims 2 on Win 7 pro 64-bit on i7-3770k @ 3.50 GHz on an AMD ASUS Z77 mainboard. 16 GB RAM (Game 4GB patch installed). Graphics: GeForce GT-630 1024MB 128-bit DDR3 (25.6 GB/s)

I played one family on the neighborhood successfully for a couple months. Last week I created a number of custom Sims families. I tried something new, which is to let the game generate random Sims (I have about 20-30 custom Sims installed). Due to the number of custom Sims and skins, that generated some interesting and good looking Sims. I created one family with a husband/wife, one sibling and 5 children. After trying to load this family into a lot (with CC), the game began crashing on loading the lot. The game now also crashes when loading the original lot that was not working.

I'd like to recover the original lot and start over with a new neighborhood. Since it has beach lots, it seems that I can only build those homes on neighborhoods from the same template, otherwise, beach lots cannot be placed into the neighborhood. All my homes are built without families and packaged before playing them.

Game crash log shows:
Exception time: 01/05/2019, at 13:05:03.
Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.
Current thread ID: 15160 (0x00003b38).
Version information:
Application/module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSBin\Sims2EP8.exe
Application/module version name: The Sims 2 EP8
Application/module version: 1.16.0.194
System version: Windows NT 6.0
System memory: 4096 Megabytes total, 4096 Megabytes free.
Application/module configuration: ReleaseSRT

I've tested my CC and did not resolve the problem. Best I can tell is that there is a corrupted skin or body shop file in my cc folder. I removed all skins and body shop files from CC and loaded the game. I noted that the family that initially started failing was not altered in any way, so I assume that means that the files used to create the Sim are some how embedded into that Sim and there is no way to remove them from the Sim later. Is that a valid assumption?

Thanks,
Kristin
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2019.01.05 13.05.03.txt (12.0 KB, 4 downloads)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 10:23 PM
If you remove the CC Body Shop from your game (Download folder/Saved sims folder) yes your sims will have no cc and will revert to maxis. if you remove CC eyes they will change to painted on eye and have no genetics. Same deal for custom skin. If you want to breed these sims you will need to fix each one in simPE. I hope you are doing this on a test folder.

Once you find the problem skin it's easy to pull just that but like I said the sims will need fixing after.

Delete the cache files as they may have simply looked like they still had it. If you actually deleted it, it would be gone off the sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If you remove the CC Body Shop from your game (Download folder/Saved sims folder) yes your sims will have no cc and will revert to maxis. if you remove CC eyes they will change to painted on eye and have no genetics. Same deal for custom skin. If you want to breed these sims you will need to fix each one in simPE. I hope you are doing this on a test folder.

Once you find the problem skin it's easy to pull just that but like I said the sims will need fixing after.

Delete the cache files as they may have simply looked like they still had it. If you actually deleted it, it would be gone off the sims.

After removing all the CC Body Shop files the family did go back to the Sims base. Not sure how to get them (or anything on the lot) to go back to the CC skins/textures. After a lot of troublshooting, I feel that the crashes have to do with a gnome recolor (plant) and an NPC that is coming on the lot to steal the gnome. Is there a way to find all CC in my downloads folder that is a recolor of the gnome? Is there any way to re-apply the custom textures to the objects on the lot after having removed them? If not, I'll just scrap the neighborhood and this family and start again. But I need to find that plant recolor and scrub it from all my lots.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 1:41 AM
You should only do that with a copy, not your real hood/sims. There is no way to get them back unless you made a backup. Well not unless you want to fix them all in simPE. Always make a backup first.

If your download folder isn't organized. EG folder with the gnome recolours in it that you can easily pull, then you will need to do the 50/50 search. Again on the backup not your real game.

1)Always make backups
2)always test with a copy
3)organize your download folder.
Those 3 steps will really help with this or any future issues

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You should only do that with a copy, not your real hood/sims. There is no way to get them back unless you made a backup. Well not unless you want to fix them all in simPE. Always make a backup first.

If your download folder isn't organized. EG folder with the gnome recolours in it that you can easily pull, then you will need to do the 50/50 search. Again on the backup not your real game.

1)Always make backups
2)always test with a copy
3)organize your download folder.
Those 3 steps will really help with this or any future issues

The family and lot was already crashing, so not sure if a backup would help in this case. Its fine, I played the family for roughly 2 months. I'm fine starting over so long as I can figure out which object is the issue. Is there a way with SimPE to see what source object was recolored?