Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 5:16 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! So mcuh, I love what I made! Thank you
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 1:27 PM
Yay! Thanks SO much for this!

*runs of to make Josh Groban pics* :lovestruc

"So don't let me go it alone" - Josh Groban (Never Let Go)

"He felt the pain in the music
and stood up from the p iano,
but when he saw the moon
emergin from a cloud,
death also seemed sweeter to him." - Josh Groban (Caruso)
Test Subject
#253 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 3:22 PM
I don't have any bases to start from in Photoshop. How do I get them?
Test Subject
#254 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 8:33 PM
i made the thing aand sent it to my downloads folder but its not appearing in game.
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#255 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 2:48 AM
Clover4life12311:

The photo base templates are in SimPE, all a graphics program is needed for is resizing/editing images.

canderis

Are you looking under the correct base painting? Custom content is enabled?

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Test Subject
#256 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 4:50 AM
I have a question:
How to creat a single paintings ?

And I have some problem here :
Lab Assistant
#257 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 3:02 AM
what if it doesnt show up in the custom content list? cuz i just checked and didnt see mine. I'll check right now...

Lazing around is what muttonchop does best..
Lab Assistant
#258 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 3:12 AM
oh its easy. at the bottom of the catalog thing, ya see the trash can? well just keep the custom object and click the trash can.

Lazing around is what muttonchop does best..
Test Subject
#259 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 9:40 PM
Default uhhh
Hi. I want to download SimPE and all it's requirements, but I'm a total noob to computers, downloading, ect. I have no idea how to do it, even reading the directions. Is it all free? I'm so confused. Sorry to be a pain.
Test Subject
#260 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 10:44 PM
The bases refuse to appear when I click the Photo Studio link. Is there a reason for this?
Test Subject
#261 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 9:31 AM
Thanks CynicalChick for a great tutorial!

Now, I have a question: Does anyone know if the recolors (done with PhotoStudio) are base game compatible? I made a recolor of the "Pineapple" painting just to check if it would work in the base game. I ran BaseGameStarter (and put the recolor in the BaseGameStarter "BaseGame/Downloads" folder) but the objects did not show up in the game.

I think that the "Pineapple" painting came with the Nightlife EP, does that mean that one must have NL in order for the recolor to show up in the game?
Test Subject
#262 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 2:34 AM
Totally lost
Creating a photo in the photo suite is pretty simple and I love the fact that I can create just about ANYTHING in it.
Here's my problem.
The Templates...
I've searched the SimPE for an answer to creating a template and they have this beautiful "yet arkayik" tutorial on how to do so.
I'm working on SimPE 0.72 and the Tutorial is a much earlier version which doesn't match my SimPE application at all.
Can someone PLEASE explain to me how to create a template in the latest version of SimPE??
Help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#263 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 10:24 AM
finally i can make custom content! thank you so much CynicalChick!

If you want a Swedish translation for anything, PM me!
Test Subject
#264 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 2:08 PM
Ummm...
I was hoping to do a full lenght poster over two tiles, or I could split them in half, I have a mesh for it but it's a custom one, how do I upload it to recolour it?

Ta!
Field Researcher
#265 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 10:52 AM
fran___ If you recolour a Base game painting, it should show up fine in the catologue. If you recolour a NL painting, the recolour will NOT show up in the Base game.

EvaMcNeva If I'm understanding you right, you want to use a custom mesh to make a custom Object. Try this tutorial : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=104795&c

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Test Subject
#266 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 7:32 AM Last edited by aphrospice : 30th Nov 2008 at 7:51 AM.
Uh, just a suggestion...

After reading every single post in this thread I finally fixed my problem. I think there should be clear links to SimPE, the templates *AND* CEP, possibly links on to the custom paintings tutorial with additional instructions for those having trouble with BV.

Most people, I have noticed, only read the first post then reply with the same questions thats been answered a million times...

Also, I would suggest that everyone download and use 7zip. I been using this for years and have yet to encounter an archive I couldnt open, including rars. There is no need to have WinZIP and winrar...
Test Subject
#267 Old 17th Dec 2008 at 11:03 PM
Thanks CynicalChick! I am now able to include custom pictures and artwork in my Sims wall hangings. I have decided to expand and move on to create completely new painting.
How I want to do this is: use an existing painting template, mesh and colors (I do not know how to do meshing and will leave for now). And modify it in the following ways:
Re-color the frame. Choose a custom picture to go in the frame (I know how to do).
Set a name and description of my choosing for the new painting template (I do not know how).
Set the price of the painting and it’s environment number (1-10). I do not know how.
And save as a new painting template.

I have been through these tutorials and know how they work.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...5#startcomments
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=102356

I found the following tutorial and was able to get it to work as far as “Making your own templates for Photo Studio” I was not able to follow that part. I believe my problem here had to do with the SimPE I'm working on the Tutorial is a much earlier version which doesn't match my SimPE application at all.
http://sims.ambertation.de/tut_ps.shtml

How do you make your own templates of painting?
Lab Assistant
#268 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 1:44 AM
Yay!
I see many painting sets in the near future
Lab Assistant
#269 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 3:42 PM
hey can anyone help me? my SimPE wont even open =/

RIP Elizabeth "MI AMOR" Reyes
Every 5hrs, A young Queer commits Suicide
The ModFather
retired moderator
#270 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 4:31 PM
Do a fresh reinstall:
- uninstall SimPE - manually delete the folder "SimPE", if it wans't completely deleted during uninstallation
- reinstall SimPE (of course, you must have the latest version).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#271 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 11:40 PM
Default thank u
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Do a fresh reinstall:
- uninstall SimPE - manually delete the folder "SimPE", if it wans't completely deleted during uninstallation
- reinstall SimPE (of course, you must have the latest version).

Thank you..hehe i cant wait to start now
u always seem to help me :lovestruc

RIP Elizabeth "MI AMOR" Reyes
Every 5hrs, A young Queer commits Suicide
Test Subject
#272 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 3:42 PM
YAAY I created a painting I'm really over excited :L
Field Researcher
#273 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 9:45 PM
thanls a lot for the tutorial, it made me happy ;D
Test Subject
#274 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 3:31 PM
i've got CEP 9.1 but it says i don't have CEP please help
The ModFather
retired moderator
#275 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 12:51 AM
Maybe the message says "You don't have the CEP or the object is not recolourable"? There are paintings that are not recolourable, even with the CEP installed. If you want to be sure, consult the "CEP Objects" file in the CEP documentation (look in your Documents).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 11 of 13