Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2023 at 3:28 PM
Default Replacing Files After Upload
Hello @Tashiketh
I would appreciate if you could have a look at the process when upload files are replaced.

One instance was flagged to me that the zip.file for all the items in the set was not there (only the individual zip.files). I had replaced it the day after the initial upload as an error with the ceiling lamp had been identified:
Dream Home Decorator Dinette
At the time I had not noticed this and I have rectified it by re-uploading the zip.file a few days ago. I keep all zip.files of my uploads for reference.

Today I replaced another zip.file for a set and also added the new extra zip.file for the object I wanted to add to the set. I appreciate this was an 'old style' upload, but somehow the zip.file for the whole set is not showing in the download information section or in the zip.file. Another thing I noted was the total of the previous downloads to the full set zip.file is now showing on the new object - you have my word I have not mixed up these when I replaced and then added the new zip.files. Design & High Tech Stuff - Patio
I added another zip.file for the whole set again to fix this.

Hope you can sort this?
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 20th May 2023 at 8:38 PM
Hi Ladysimplayer,

I have to say I'm a little confused about what you mean here. When you replace a file, the file on disk gets replaced with the new file - and all other attributes stay the same (which includes the download count). Because the information on the Information tab is cached (to save server resources) then the new additions may not show up immediately. However, you can force this if you add &regen=1 to the end of the URL when loading the page. Unfortunately, since you have replaced the zips again already I can't look into any issues with the zips themselves not showing up, so if this happens again please flag me asap so I can look into it.

Thanks

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2023 at 8:06 AM Last edited by Ladysimplayer8 : 21st May 2023 at 11:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi Ladysimplayer,

I have to say I'm a little confused about what you mean here. When you replace a file, the file on disk gets replaced with the new file - and all other attributes stay the same (which includes the download count). Because the information on the Information tab is cached (to save server resources) then the new additions may not show up immediately. However, you can force this if you add &regen=1 to the end of the URL when loading the page. Unfortunately, since you have replaced the zips again already I can't look into any issues with the zips themselves not showing up, so if this happens again please flag me asap so I can look into it.

Thanks

Hello @Tashiketh
Thank you for your reply.
How long would you recommend I wait before checking that the replaced zip.file - same sort of time before new uploads show?
I probably will have to upload another zip.file, if that happens I will wait and contact you if there is a problem.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 21st May 2023 at 11:18 AM
Well, it depends on what you mean by "new uploads show". Do you mean on the downloads page, or in the Information tab? But yes, please contact me if it happens next time!

Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th May 2023 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Well, it depends on what you mean by "new uploads show". Do you mean on the downloads page, or in the Information tab? But yes, please contact me if it happens next time!

Hello @Tashiketh
This week I have updated and replaced zip.files from two of my previous uploads - after saving, all zip.files were replaced successfully.
Both were 'old style' uploads though, so it might be the problem is with replacing zip.files for the current style uploads?
I will keep this thread open just in case some other member has a problem...
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 24th May 2023 at 4:43 PM
The old style and new style use the same underlying code though - the only thing thats different is the visual theme. Thanks for getting back with more results, and lets hope the issue doesn't re-occur!