Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 1:13 PM
Default Does this not count as a great party?

My sims always get a want to "Throw a Great Party" and I almost alway get this message at the end of my parties, but I never succeed in the want. So, is this lower than "Great"? Sounds pretty great to me..
They also get a moodlet "Threw an Awesome Party!" So is Awesome less than Great?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 1:31 PM
I think that wish is bugged, IMHO. I've occasionally had the game say I threw a killer party, and the wish didn't get fulfilled.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
I think that wish is bugged, IMHO. I've occasionally had the game say I threw a killer party, and the wish didn't get fulfilled.

Oh.. That's a shame, it's a pretty common want..
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 1:53 PM
I believe it came with the Uni patch. Once all the new Uni parties came into vogue, that wish got borked. It's kinda annoying, but at least your sim did throw a killer party.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Also, i never EVER managed to have a party considered "great" in my games. Maybe i do not add enough party stuff and my sims don't socialize much, but meh.

I usually only have a radio and a plate of food lying around, and my sim usually becomes friends with someone durring the party and I end up with that awesome party result.
Scholar
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 2:59 PM
TBH, the only times I managed to have a party be not great lately was when my sim went to class for the rest of the day when the party started.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 6:00 PM
The success of a party depends on what kind of party it is as well in my experience. Say, if it's a birthday party and people begin leaving before the birthday Sim has aged up, they're like WELL THIS PARTY FUCKING SUCKS, YOU'RE A DICK. Once the birthday's taken place everyone shits themselves in joy.

Same with wedding parties and who leaves before/after the wedding.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
The success of a party depends on what kind of party it is as well in my experience. Say, if it's a birthday party and people begin leaving before the birthday Sim has aged up, they're like WELL THIS PARTY FUCKING SUCKS, YOU'RE A DICK. Once the birthday's taken place everyone shits themselves in joy.

Same with wedding parties and who leaves before/after the wedding.

Not my fault that the stupid guests leave 5 minutes into the party > parties are too short in this game.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 6:32 PM
Oh God I know. Makes you wanna throw things at them like OH WELL FINE FUCK YOU DICKS doesn't it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Oh God I know. Makes you wanna throw things at them like OH WELL FINE FUCK YOU DICKS doesn't it?

Yes indeed, it does..
Scholar
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 7:50 PM
I THINK it depends on their mood too. So my sim being effectively a mobile aura bot helps there.

And I don't mean just the fairy one (although that one goes even through walls and floors, so the guests get the boost downstairs even when my sim is sleeping upstairs). The Kama Simtra one also boosts mood a lot, and now even a couple of the roommates have fucked their way to the top... quite literally.

And dropping incense holders in all rooms (or rather lately the magic flowers set to give all 3 auras, but no motive refill, as a way to save space) also helps with the mood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I honestly don't know what you guys are talking about. Whenever I throw a party, I always get "your party is on the verge of epic"

The only time I get anything less is when guests arent fed, or I'm late to my own party and guests left, etc...

Feed your guests, give them plenty of activities, and if you have a bar, hire a bartender.

We're talking about the want that your sims will get when they throw a party "Throw a great party" that seems to be hard/impossible to get. Or at least I am.
Scholar
#17 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 11:12 PM
As I and eskie were saying, yes, it SHOULD fulfil it, but that wish is sometimes bugged and doesn't get fulfilled even with a killer party.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 12:51 AM
In my experience, like nitromon said the notification about the party being on the verge of epic still fulfill the throw great party want. But throwing a killer party or party that "kept getting better", doesn't fulfill the wish. I have no idea why it's like this but I throw a lot of parties and this is what happens.
Instructor
#19 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 8:21 AM
Only times my sims guests think the party as epic if there is a fire, brawl or someone dies. Once, all of this happened in a wedding and every single guest gave expensive wedding gifts, over ยง5000.
Scholar
#20 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 12:35 PM
I had the same experience with ts3 parties. Almost always my Sims got the moodlets, from amazing to killer, with notifications varying from "no stranger to parties" to "verge on epic", etc. And not always, only sometimes, the wish was fulfilled. I ended up not even promising to fulfill it, cause of this.

I know, though, that the wish is tied with that specific party. You can't promise it and then fulfill it days later for instance. It has to be that particular party that has spawned the wish in the first place.
Or at least such is my experience. (Which doesn't amount to much since I've given up on this game a third time now.)

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
#21 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 2:16 PM
The wish is bugged in University Life. A party has 5 outcomes: poor, neutral, good, amazing, killer, and raging, in that order, and the last 3 outcomes are only available if you have University Life (otherwise the maximum outcome is just good). The wish will only be fulfilled if your party is exactly good. Better than that and it will be unfulfilled. I don't know why EA left the code that way.

Another strange change is that if you own University Life, you can only get a bad party in Sims University, but never neutral. Anywhere else, the worst you can get from a party is neutral, and never bad.

Just call me Nikel
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#22 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
The wish is bugged in University Life. A party has 5 outcomes: poor, neutral, good, amazing, killer, and raging, in that order, and the last 3 outcomes are only available if you have University Life (otherwise the maximum outcome is just good). The wish will only be fulfilled if your party is exactly good. Better than that and it will be unfulfilled. I don't know why EA left the code that way.

Another strange change is that if you own University Life, you can only get a bad party in Sims University, but never neutral. Anywhere else, the worst you can get from a party is neutral, and never bad.
Thanks for confirming what I already suspected, namely that most parties now are simply too good to be only great.
Scholar
#23 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 3:12 PM
First world problems, eh? Waaah, my party was TOO good again! :p
Forum Resident
#24 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 7:55 PM
Seems like the easiest way to make a party great is to get the guests hammered. Put in a bar and buy a keg, and you're practically guaranteed an incredible time (who says this game's not realistic? ). I usually buy the LTW reward to guarantee good parties, and even then, it only fulfills the wish half the time. Definitely bugged.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Scholar
#25 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 8:17 PM
I have a different but related issue-- the terrible parties thrown by non-actived sims. Every party any of my sims has gone to has been terrible. No food, no fun items, and often no visitors. And my sims get called inappropriate for whatever they do (they never have the inappropriate trait as I am busy piling on useful ones). Inappropriate behavior: swimming in the pool, making food when there is none, and one time I couldn't find anything they had done--breathe maybe? This is three different sims!

So, needless to say, I'm shining on the invitations these days.
Page 1 of 3