Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 8:36 PM
Default Less saturated, realistic lighting mod?
Hello. I'm looking for a mod that would make the overall lighting less saturated. In TS3 the world is so bright, saturated and with big contrast that most textures look nothing like they should(for example in an image in build mode a wallpaper looks grey, but when you put it on wall it's yellow with very strong contrast). It irritates me a lot and I wonder if there's a way to fix that without making CASt recolors of everything. I have checked mods on modthesims and on several blogs but I couldn't find anything that would fix my problem.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:19 AM
try to lower your brightness/lighting in options.. i hope it helps...

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:57 AM Last edited by Caesum : 29th Jul 2014 at 10:16 AM.
I cannot see any brightness option in TS3. There's only lighting quality option, but it only makes lighting and shadows worse without fixing any of my problems.

Generally TS3 looks as if it had an overly strong HDR effect added. It completely changes the look of entire game and so textures have modified look. Because of that it's a bit of a guessing game when searching for the right wallpaper, because its thumbnail doesn't look the same as the texture when applied on a wall.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:22 PM
First of all i found this The Sims 3 Graphics Performance Guide maybe you can find an explanation of what Mr.Densilter is talking about in this guide?
Second: i am not sure if i am able to understand your problem. do you additionally from being haunted by extreme saturation also suffer from overly extreme lightning - effects? if the latter is due to Supernaturals Full Moon one of these mods could be interesting for you: No Full Moon Lighting Effect or HQ + No Glow 2-in-1 Mod or this without HQ: Anti-Glare Lighting Mod
if your game is generally to bright for your taste (not due to Full Moon) this mod could be worth taking a look at: Remove Brightness of Objects + HQ Version / Updated for 1.67
but none of these mods deal with saturation !

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 10:54 AM
No, no. It's not that. I'll show a picture to describe it better:

Generally most textures look completely different after they are applied to walls. They are darker, have different color, they don't look like in the picture in build mode. This applies to everything, not only wallpapers. I wonder if it's possible to change that, because I believe it's because of some shaders that make it look so different.