Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#101 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 3:16 AM Last edited by karnzter : 19th Nov 2014 at 9:04 AM.
Oh yeah. I forgot. It was supposed to be 600, not 700 (I was composing the post before I passed out to sleep)

Now I'll have to re-Google again

In fact, I'm getting more and more confused about matching a 600W PSU to a suitable UPS power capacity.

The Random Simming (Mis)Adventures: A Simblr.

Currently playing Generation Two of the Senna Legacy Currently on a hiatus.

My current and former system specs and game settings can be found here. CC, mods and Store items are listed here.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#102 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 4:11 PM
I asked a friend regarding the UPS Wattage on Facebook and he said that 600W is okay to give it a 'head room'. So, yeah. 600W UPS it is.

My current and former system specs and game settings can be found here. CC, mods and Store items are listed here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#103 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 5:18 AM
One final update: sadly, Interpace couldn't find a UPS that fits the 600W PSU so I decided to use an AVR instead. Ten days to go!!

Scholar
#104 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 2:43 PM
Not too long then!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#105 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 3:00 PM
Fingers crossed all of the parts are present and accounted for (Josh told me that another branch is asking for the same CPU cooler that I have and the GPU will depend on which has stocks available)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#106 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 2:45 PM
Final (hopefully) changes before everything is fully done by next week.

GPU is now permanently a GTX 760 (the 770 ran out).
Ran out of 2 4GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blacks so we changed it to a single 8GB HyperX Fury Blu.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#107 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 3:51 PM
Finally paid for the build yesterday (although I had to pay the speakers and the OS in cash since the card we used had a limit and the two couldn't fit the said limited amount).

Interpace won't start building it unless they have the stock for the casing (and along with the CPU cooler and the webcam since those three were unavailable at their branch), so I'll be getting it within December 15-21.

I can't wait to see Simmer Noire being built and completed. Pictures to come soon. Thank you so much for the help, ajaxsirius!

Scholar
#108 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 2:58 AM
Cool, so another week at most
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#109 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 3:40 PM
Ah. She's a beaut.

After unpacking and toting a couple of boxes, here she is! :D

She'll undergo a major re-organization of wires and a sturdier table soon. For now, this'll have to do. Thank you again, ajaxsirius!
Screenshots

Scholar
#110 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 4:23 AM
Just in time for the steam sales! Enjoy!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#111 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 4:31 AM
Nah. I think I'll pass this year's sale. I didn't get to renew my card xD

I'll have to deal with downloading and reinstalling back the games for the next couple of weeks :P

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#112 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 1:24 PM
Need some help with this one.

I've decided to install TS2 on the HDD just to make sure that I have still some free space on the SSD. I tried selecting the Advanced User option and changed the directory to dive E (that's the HDD). but the prompt tells me "Cannot install to the selected director, because it may cause the system to become unstable".

Scholar
#113 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 1:28 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#114 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 1:36 PM Last edited by karnzter : 21st Dec 2014 at 1:50 PM.
Okay. Reading the archive, does it mean that I should create a copy of the entire directory found in the SSD [e.g.: PerfLogs, Program Files and its (x86 folder), Temp, Users, Windows]? Just to be sure since I couldn't think of a right way to mentally illustrate it in my mind.

EDIT: wait. I re-read it and that's not how it goes. I have to create the install directory inside the installer. That means, I'll use the CD for it. (Am I right? )

Scholar
#115 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 1:50 PM
I think what it means is, you launch the installer. Then when you get to the part where it asks you where you want to install it, you change only the letter C to E. No explorer or anything like that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#116 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 2:01 PM
Okay. I'll give it a try right now and I'll post back for any results.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#117 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 2:09 PM
Here's what I did:

After inputting the CD key, I selected "Advanced User - Select directory"; changed the letter C to E from the "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2" directory address; clicked next; and it gives me this prompt: "The Sims 2 will install an additional 324 MB of data on drive C:. Proceed with install?"

Am I doing the right steps and click on Yes if it is?

Scholar
#118 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 2:27 PM
I think so... I don't have The Sims 2 anymore so I can't say for sure...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#119 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 3:05 PM
Thanks for the help, man. Really appreciate it. I'll retry the process later since I had to quit the installation to work on something awhile ago.

Page 5 of 5