Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 4:12 AM
Default AMD Radeon HD 7750 Graphics
Hi there

I hope I put this in the right forum - I read the rules and it seemed like the most appropriate place haha! I upgraded my computer with a new power supply and a new graphics card. I started playing Sims 3 and realized that the game play really didn't change much. The game still lags quite a bit (freezes every 10 seconds depending on the world) when people are saying it really shouldn't with my computer. I know you can change the settings for it in the Catalyst Control Center but I am very new to this and I am scared of the whole concept of overclocking. Would anyone be able to help me out? I don't know how to post of a reading of my computer specs but I can send a link if needed and a link to the updated items on the computer. I just want to be able to run the graphics card to its full potential without frying the card in the process.

Again, I am so sorry if this is not in the correct area. And thanks again.

Best regards!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 1:16 PM
Click Start or the Windows button, then click "Run...." then type "dxdiag" in the dialogue box that opens and hit enter.

The Microsoft DirectX window will appear. It should scan your system. Let it do so and once its finished click the Save All Information button in the bottom right corner. A new dialogue box will open asking you where you want to save the text file. Save it to somewhere easy to find like your desktop. Post the text file here.