Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 12:51 PM
{MAC} BodyShop Black screen !
Hello guys i have the sims 2 super collection on Macbook , i downloaded body shop (w/ the installer) and it work perfectly ! Even if i did have more than 1 000 cc files ! My game work good (But when i press decoration and the 3 point my game crash) but i don't know what happen my bodyshop turn into black screen everything was fine so i tough it was nothing but it wasn't if i tried to make sim or anything else or open sim , clothes, my bodyshop crash i tried everything (i didn't deleted all my files) i actually deleted a rar. file i put in my download by accident , a document by accident and even the thumbs.db file but it didn't work and in a forum they said is because of the "XMSims" file i deleted them all and it didn't work still black . I must open the sims 2 to make some sims even if i don't want please help me !!!
(Check the sims 2 super collection pack it could help you)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 12:55 PM
Have you tried deleting the cache files? Doing this can fix issues with the programs not working.
(accessory.cache, groups.cache, cigen.package, contentregistry - You'll find two or more in the "The Sims 2" folder, or whatever location a Mac uses for saved games).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:07 PM
Yeah i tried and all my files are only .package i even deleted bodyshop and put it back, but nothing changed !
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 9:41 PM
The cache files are found in Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2 folder. They have nothing to do with package files. They are simply temporary files the game makes when it is run. I think macs should have the same. Also delete the other loose files. Don't delete Body Shop.

Also next time, please use the help board. http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31 or use the silly question thread.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The cache files are found in Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2 folder. They have nothing to do with package files. They are simply temporary files the game makes when it is run. I think macs should have the same. Also delete the other loose files. Don't delete Body Shop.

Also next time, please use the help board. http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31 or use the silly question thread.

Yeah thank you, i feel so stupid right know but the thing with the mac is that you can't really find the files in the document you need to do : command plus shift plus g , and then you need to type the name of the files ! Thank you im gonna check if the bodyshop work