Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#176 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
That's because of the way the Maxis terrain is designed to "fade" out near the edge of the map. The best I've been able to do about it is to make sure that there are objects in front of the horizon which will hide that effect (trees, neighboring houses, etc.).

It's much simplier now! There's a new version of Skyfix that fixed the fadeout to blue! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=569032

Advertisement
Scholar
#177 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 4:55 AM
Recently I’ve been looking at shaders and there happens to be many related to lot view. And that made me think of something... Maybe it is actually possible to enable more than one texture in the lot view via shaders? That’s a thing I’ve always wanted, but I don’t know enough about shaders to even say for sure that it is possible to do.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#178 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 5:27 AM
Nice desert texture default Voeille.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#179 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
Recently I’ve been looking at shaders and there happens to be many related to lot view. And that made me think of something... Maybe it is actually possible to enable more than one texture in the lot view via shaders? That’s a thing I’ve always wanted, but I don’t know enough about shaders to even say for sure that it is possible to do.

What would you want to do with that Voielle?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#180 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 3:53 PM
@joansarah77 Thanks
@maxon I would like the lot view to look like the hood view, i.e. you can see more texture shades (e.g. light sand smoothly going into dark orange sand in desert hoods), and the cliff texture would be visible on sloppy terrain.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Scholar
#181 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 7:54 PM
Would it be possible to texture paint it?

Fluidly, it won't work but you get the idea.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Field Researcher
#182 Old 7th May 2017 at 12:38 PM
Hey guys!
Instructor
#183 Old 7th May 2017 at 8:17 PM
Hi Goodywood !

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 10th May 2017 at 12:33 PM
Have many people been able to get reshade to work for them in sims 2 ?I was able to open the interface in game and fiddle to the tutorial, however when I clicked on the neighborhood to open it after a second or so of loading the game crashed. I was really interested in seeing how this would look. . My graphics card is not great so perhaps that is why. Also in one of the previous posts there is a link for a cloned horizon that leads to an error. I apologize I do not remember who it was.. I think one of Bob Newbies posts.
Test Subject
#185 Old 10th May 2017 at 4:18 PM
Ah my favourite topic on MTS!

Quote: Originally posted by CoffeenSimming
Have many people been able to get reshade to work for them in sims 2 ?I was able to open the interface in game and fiddle to the tutorial, however when I clicked on the neighborhood to open it after a second or so of loading the game crashed. I was really interested in seeing how this would look. . My graphics card is not great so perhaps that is why.

Yeah same for me, it 'works' which means I can see all the effects but then my game is a slideshow until it crashes in the neighborhood view. But actually my graphic card is quite good so I'm wondering why this is the case. Selecting the other options before starting the game does nothing for me.

Quote: Originally posted by CoffeenSimming
Also in one of the previous posts there is a link for a cloned horizon that leads to an error. I apologize I do not remember who it was.. I think one of Bob Newbies posts.

You mean a link to my first skyline that was season enabled by lowedeus? Well, that link seems to be dead but feel free to take a look at this: 6 season enabled skylines (+ the very first one redone). Shameless self-advertisting but I think with these you have a much better variaty. Included is the first mountain skyline as well which is also seasons ready. Also in the newest version all skylines are compatible with SkyFix 2.1 which means no blue fadeout.
Scholar
#186 Old 10th May 2017 at 5:46 PM
I'm looking for working shaders too.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Field Researcher
#187 Old 15th May 2017 at 5:07 PM
Guys I can't find where to download this. I've downloaded it before but now I don't know where the download is at on the page: http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/123...y-gifts-a-brand

It's seems like they've updated it since I've last downloaded. Do any of you know where the new download link is at?
Instructor
#188 Old 15th May 2017 at 5:16 PM
@Goodywood Lowedeus is still working in the skyboxes, so they removed the links until they're updated, but you can download them from here: http://simfileshare.net/folder/13444/
Field Researcher
#189 Old 15th May 2017 at 5:37 PM
Thank you for explaining and for the link @velvetina. Do you have the link to the lot version?
Instructor
#190 Old 15th May 2017 at 5:47 PM
Unfortunately, no, but I found the zip file in an old folder I have. Am I allowed to put it here?
Field Researcher
#191 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 5:06 AM Last edited by Goodywood : 28th Jul 2017 at 5:41 AM.
Are we not using this thread anymore? I've decided to start converting TS4 decor houses to TS2 now, and could use some help. I'm now trying to get in contact with Criquette too for help.

Edit: Aww man... Ain't nobodies on.
Alchemist
#192 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 5:52 AM
What are you having issues with? (I'm about to go to bed, but if I know the answers, I'll let you know tomorrow).
Field Researcher
#193 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 6:10 AM
Well I'm trying to conver the houses but I'm not sure what to clone and how to get the windows to light up at night.

I cloned one of the decor neighborhood buildings. I see there are 6 groups in the GMDC: Repeat (looks like the sides), Roof, Rails, Bits (floor/walls), Windows Day, and Windows Night. I get what they are but I'm not sure how to deal with the windows for nighttime, and also do I really need all those groups?

Do I just import the windows part over the window night group and change the texture and that's it? Or do I need to edit the TXMT too?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#194 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goodywood
Well I'm trying to conver the houses but I'm not sure what to clone and how to get the windows to light up at night.

I cloned one of the decor neighborhood buildings. I see there are 6 groups in the GMDC: Repeat (looks like the sides), Roof, Rails, Bits (floor/walls), Windows Day, and Windows Night. I get what they are but I'm not sure how to deal with the windows for nighttime, and also do I really need all those groups?

Do I just import the windows part over the window night group and change the texture and that's it? Or do I need to edit the TXMT too?

Criquette posted a short tutorial on how to do lighted windows. I'd suggest having a look at his tumblr rather than asking random questions over here.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Alchemist
#195 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goodywood

Field Researcher
#196 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Criquette posted a short tutorial on how to do lighted windows. I'd suggest having a look at his tumblr rather than asking random questions over here.

I wasn't trying to ask random questions, I thought this thread was for improving TS2 and I wanted to convert the houses from TS4 to TS2. I just needed some help.

Thank you.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#197 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 1:22 AM
It is, on improving how the game looks. I'm not sure I know what you are doing. It sounded like you were building sims 4 houses in sims 2 but then later mentioned cloning so I am guessing you mean neighbourhood deco? I think if you need help with making CC that perhaps the modding board might be better. We don't want to turn this into a 'how to make cc thread' Let us know how it goes and if you get your idea to work though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#198 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 4:13 AM
Oh I see. lol Sorry! No I meant the decor houses. I see how beautiful the buildings look in TS2 now (especially at night) and I think we need some houses for residential areas too. It should be stunning to have a TS2 neighborhood with fully rendered houses. I'm planning on converting all of them. And Criquette message me on what to do as far as the houses lighting up at night.

Thanks guys! I'll let you know. I've already extracted the meshes from TS4 and I'm now separating them parts into the correct groups in UV Mapper pro.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#199 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 7:42 PM
I was trying to be helpful - that information is available on Criquette's tumbler so I was pointing you over there where the information is complete and, if push comes to shove, you can ask someone who has actually worked out how to do it, rather than here where you might just get half the story. A fully written tutorial is more useful than general comments from posters here I think.

Field Researcher
#200 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 3:51 AM
I know you were @maxon. That is why I gave you a helpful and love when I read that post. Criquette is helping me now. I'm very happy!

Thank you!
Page 8 of 8