Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:42 AM
Default Input on risky woohoo and pregnancy risk
I've decided I want to throw in some random to my game, and let more things happen that I didn't plan for. I thought it would be fun if my more woohoo-active Sims occasionally had unplanned pregnancies, if they forget to use birth control.

I have inteen, so this is supposed to already happen. I never remember to use birth control, yet I have not had a single unplanned pregnancy. Boring! Since I can't seem to find any information on what the % may be with inteen, and the code is way too complex for me to figure out how to edit on my own, I figure I'll start rolling a dice when Sims woohoo to see if they end up pregnant.

I have no idea what would be a good % to set, so I thought I'd ask all of you how you have it set up in your game. I know lots of people use ACR, and I believe that has risky woohoo or Sims trying for baby without your input.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 10:51 AM
I have risky woohoo with ACR and the randomness can be quite stubborn. At one point I had to raise the percentage to 80% just to make sure that it works, never got a risky pregnancy before. BUT, when I played some kind of asylum, I lowered the percentage to 2% - first woohoo...

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 11:37 AM
If you have altered life stages lengths, Inteen can stop working as intended.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 11:49 AM
I use Inteen & ACR and I have risky woohoo in my game - in fact, I opted to completely remove the option for me to command my sims to "Try For Baby" - the only option is woohoo, and the chance of them trying for baby themselves (which happens with married couples who want more children, or with other couples if I alter their settings to allow unmarried try for baby) varies depending on how many children they already have and how old they are.

I also set the risky woohoo chance for each sim. I use a formula to calculate it based on their primary and secondary aspirations and their personality points. This means that there is a lot of variation in how likely each sim is to get pregnant by mistake - I've had sims with a 0% chance of accidental pregnancy, and the highest possible chance of accidental pregnancy (for a Pleasure/Romance sim with 0 Neat points and 10 Playful points) is 38% (though I don't think I've ever seen that in my game).

This is the formula that I use:

Risky Woohoo: Failure = ((10-(Neat-Playful)*(((Primary*2)+Secondary)/3)/3

Where: Knowledge = 1, Fortune = 2, Popularity =3, Grilled Cheese = 3, Family = 4, Romance = 5, Pleasure = 6

I get quite a few accidental pregnancies in my game, but not too many - I don't want every other sim to be getting pregnant accidentally, after all! I like the fact that there is some variation between sims, and that accidental pregnancy is possible for almost everybody.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 12:25 PM
@gummilutt: I figure I'll start rolling a dice when Sims woohoo to see if they end up pregnant.
I do this!
I don’t use the ACR anymore, because ACR completely destroys subtle sims behavior – in my opinion. So I have my own rules: if both sims (or at least a female) have a baby want than they try for baby every time. For all others I roll a dice: 15% chance of getting pregnant is risky enough for me. It provides enough babies.
% that would be a good to set certainly depends on the woohoo frequency and to what extent of “natural increase rate” you would be willing to manage.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:14 PM
Thank you whoward69! I'm not sure how I managed to miss that when looking over the documentation, but now I know. It's weird that I haven't had a single random pregnancy with 15% chance. I wonder if cristianlovs easy bed somehow screws with it. Or it's just been a statistical cluster.

No need for dice now that I know where to edit :3 I'll continue playing for a while, and see if it might just be statistical cluster. If not, I'll increase the chance.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 8:31 PM
Oh gummilutt! You shock me! I always regarded you as the most relentless of us micromanagers, who wouldn't even turn free will on to let your Sims chose to go to the toilet. And now you're letting them have risky woohoo!!! What's happened to you? What have they done to you?

As far as I am concerned, risky woohoo can lead to unwanted babies, and unwanted babies are an absolute "no!-no!" in my game. I'll continue to allow my Sims free will in all the little things of life, so little Brigitte Moltke can run around the house to her heart's content scrubbing sinks and clearing away dishes, but reproduction will stay very firmly under my control. And in this respect my rules are almost as draconian as the Chinese one child policy. Sims can try for a baby if they have persistent wants for one, and if they have the ability to provide for his/her needs. Babies and children have the right to be loved and cherished.

I admit I allow some of my Sims a lot of sexual licence. But it's on condition that they use 100% reliable Maxis Brand contraceptives. Access to free reliable contraception is one of the big advantages of being a Sim. (Actually a lot of the woohoo in my game is gay, and so has zero chance of producing a baby anyway.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 9:22 PM
Might be the bed Gummilutt - some beds come with overrides for pregnancy chance (and I'd guess that one would come with 0 chance).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Oh gummilutt! You shock me! I always regarded you as the most relentless of us micromanagers, who wouldn't even turn free will on to let your Sims chose to go to the toilet. And now you're letting them have risky woohoo!!! What's happened to you? What have they done to you?

So, I'm not the only Sim-control-freak in the world? I won't even touch a single button until I turn off free will (I only lasted 5 seconds in the Asylum challenge, I couldn't help but control every Sim!)..
Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 10:21 PM
I have not succeeded in controlling pregnancies - not with Inteen (that thing went out of my downfolder door pretty quickly - I do NOT want to put every Sim in the hood on birth control). Then I tried ACR - and very soon, my hood grew totally overpopulated (and somehow my Sims have twins all the time as well). So I do not understand how other players don't get unplanned pregnancies and I get them ALL the time! (Uninstalled ACR in the end and no regrets). First four planned pregnancies in my latest hood and there are four brand new sets of twins. I really have to consider killing some Sims.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 10:44 PM
With ACR, I generally leave risky woohoo at the default 5% chance, or perhaps push it up to 10% if the 'hood is a small one and expansion isn't something to be careful of. Any higher than that and it seems like every sim ends up with three-four kids, and I prefer some variety between households.

Lately I've been trying out a silent lullaby hack, and keep ACR's try for baby notices off, so I don't always know a sim is pregnant until they pop, if they're not showing any symptoms, and I have no idea if the pregnancies I get are from risky or from trying. Sometimes, I don't even know who the father is until the baby's born. I'm a little surprised by how much I enjoy that, give that I'm usually a complete micromanager.
Scholar
#12 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
So, I'm not the only Sim-control-freak in the world? I won't even touch a single button until I turn off free will (I only lasted 5 seconds in the Asylum challenge, I couldn't help but control every Sim!)..

I managed as much as two days, but needed trauma care afterwards every single time

On topic: The Christianlov Easy Bed allows you to toggle between 0%, 60% and 100% pregancy chance. It took me awhile to understand that if I see "60% chance" that doesn´t mean the chance is at 60%, but by clicking that option I change it to 60% and at the moment I have one of the other two options active. Perhaps yours is accidently set to 100%? Or perhaps this menu just confusing to me.
Instructor
#13 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 1:28 AM
I hope this isn't off topic, but I've been dying to know if the risky woohoo percentage for ACR factors in both the parents or just the one becoming pregnant. So if Male Sim 1 and Female Sim 1 are woohooing, is Male Sim 1's percentage averaged with Female Sim 1's percentage, or does it just go by Female Sim 1's percentage? ACR Try for Baby seems to just go by the female sim, or the sim getting pregnant, so I'm curious if risky woohoo is the same way.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

Haha! Blame Peni. All her wonderful interpretations of the random stuff that happens in her game has taught me new ways to enjoy the game, and now I enjoy a little bit of random. But only a bit If random deviates too much from my plan, or I don't like it, I have no qualms about stepping in and either removing or fixing. But finding ways to incorporate it without ruining my story is a fun challenge in itself. I should add though that I have the flavor pak which makes birth control 100% safe, so the Sim-stories I am very set upon will be protected by birth control :P

In real life I'd be on your side. Unwanted babies are sad (unwanted, not unplanned, mind you) and in an alternate universe where I'm boss there are lots of people who would not get to have kids. But in Sims, I control the way they act so an unwanted baby is not going to happen. If unplanned pregnancy happens and the parents aren't fit, the baby will be sent to the orphanage and adopted by someone more fitting or brought up by the orphanage manager and her assistant.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425

Oh Alpal, the whole point of the asylum challenge is to watch sims kill themselves or at least have aspiration and bladder failures all over lol.

I've done it twice, both times once with my simself in charge and once with her as a patient. She killed herself.

I'm looking forward to unwanted babies in my medieval hood, I've downloaded the Ogre who you can give babies to. They stay safe and can be adopted later.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 11:32 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 13th Apr 2015 at 1:17 AM. Reason: Fixing typos
Man, it really doesn't want to give me any unplanned pregnancies. I've had at least 15-20 woohoos without birth control in maxis-places, and nothing. And then when I got tired of it and made it happen with the biological clock, the Sim miscarried the next day Time for dice, I believe.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 1:07 AM
Risky woohoo gives me heaps of babies! But I do find it tends to come in gluts. Either nothing for ages or I will get 3 or 4 babies in a row. I've just had a heap of babies so now I am expecting it to go quiet again... or I hope so. I find it's my older parents having a quick date with a whoohoo who tend to get the baby chimes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 1:11 AM
Today was the first time I had ever received a newborn via Risky WooHoo. I had directed my married couple to WooHoo the Maxian way, but they apparently had other ideas. Still happy though, since its only their first child.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 1:17 AM
Yeah, it's probably statistical cluster. That's why I'm reluctant to change the settings, because if it would stop being clustered then I'd be quite okay with 15%. I'm guessing if I edit it and increase it, I'll end up with pregnancy on every single time :P

Scholar
#20 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 2:10 AM
Just wait fort the most inconvenient moment. XD

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Might be the bed Gummilutt - some beds come with overrides for pregnancy chance (and I'd guess that one would come with 0 chance).

Seriously?? Maxis beds or CC beds? I've noticed pregnancies have been a bit harder to achieve lately so maybe this is why?

Laura do you have extended lives for your sims too?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Laura do you have extended lives for your sims too?

Me Laura or another Laura?