Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 6:49 PM
Default Sims 2 Ground/Terrain paint???!!!
I just started playing the sims 2 again after abandoning sims 3 and one thing I can't stand is the default grass terrain/ground paint in most of the towns offered. I see sims 2 island "hoods" with island terrain and when I download them I'm stuck with this ugly default grass still. How do I get rid of it?! I have Ultimate collection
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:27 PM
Yay for returning to sims 2!

If you're looking for stuff, it's best to ask in the WCIF section at the top.

Though there are some grass replacements right here on MTS.
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...eplacement&f=38

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:28 PM
The defaults you see most people who use defaults use

Another bright green grass I've seen recommended

Grass with dirt road, stone road, and no road

Moon and Mars Blue moon

There's a lot of other default terrains here on MTS, in the Downloads>Miscellaneous>Neighborhoods & CAS Screens>Neighborhood Deco section.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:34 PM
Thanks so much guys, but here's the next problem. I've downloaded some from here <http://curiousb.dreamwidth.org/28103.html> and now Im not sure how to use them exactly? I've got them in my downloads folder and I'm in the neighborhood view. Where do I go from here, hoping to have my entire hood equipped with one of these default replacements?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
Thanks so much guys, but here's the next problem. I've downloaded some from here <http://curiousb.dreamwidth.org/28103.html> and now Im not sure how to use them exactly? I've got them in my downloads folder and I'm in the neighborhood view. Where do I go from here, hoping to have my entire hood equipped with one of these default replacements?

Did you extract the files? As far as I know there are no special instructions?

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:43 PM
O yes of course ^ o ^, I'm not that much of a noob. So it is supposed to just show up, because I do still have the default grass? If I try using the terrain cheat might it change?
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 8:15 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 12th Apr 2015 at 8:30 PM.
NVM, the files were in a zip and then they were also .rar files. My bad! Hopefully it'll work now!

EDIT: I FIGURED IT OUT
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 10:36 PM
For a default simply unzip the rar and make sure a file is showing. Put that file into a folder inside your download folder, eg 'Defaults" That's all you have to do, a default shows up everywhere without doing anything else.

Also for WCIF questions there is a WCIF board.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~