Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:06 PM
Default ULTIMATE COLLECTION: body shop only opening in background???
i'm 95% sure this is probably not the right category to post this but I NEED HELP. I've tried everything to get body shop to open. I followed the basic instructions of digging it out from the program files after downloading the ultimate collection for free from origin. Yes i dug it out of the fun with pets section, and everything else in my game works fine (some off-site meshes don't work but i can live w/o that.) but whenever i try to open body shop (i have tried changing the compatibility settings) my mouse will have the little loading circle by it and then I will check task manager and TS2 body shop (32 bit) will be running in the background so I can't open it. My computer is window/s 8/8.1 (i'm not 100% sure but if it really matters i can find out). I am extremely frustrated because I CANNOT FIND ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS PROBLEM??? I've looked through so many forums and faqs and I can't find anything remotely helpful. PLEASE HELP ME.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:11 PM
Have you tried waiting? Bodyshop is known to take forever to launch, specially if you have CC. It's not uncommon for it to take 20-30 minutes from clicking icon to the program opening.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:16 PM
Do you use the correct body shop - the one that came with the Ultimate Collection? If you do, it will open eventually. It can take very long, so I'd suggest turning off background tasks where possible.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Have you tried waiting? Bodyshop is known to take forever to launch, specially if you have CC. It's not uncommon for it to take 20-30 minutes from clicking icon to the program opening.

I haven't waited that long, but when it's loading does it show up as a background process? if that's the case i'll feel pretty stupid.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Do you use the correct body shop - the one that came with the Ultimate Collection? If you do, it will open eventually. It can take very long, so I'd suggest turning off background tasks where possible.

yes, I followed the common instructions of going through Program files(x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Fun with Pets/SP9/TSBin and then put body shop on my desktop.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:38 PM
Yes, it does show up in backward processes, it just doesn't show up anywhere else. And don't feel stupid, you're not the only one I was very confused by it when I first started using bodyshop.

If you do have a lot of CC, it may be helpful to test by moving them to desktop temporarily, and deleting caches, and then trying. It should open much faster then That way you'll know it can open, and it's only a matter of being patient. Or if you have the option of leaving the computer on overnight, you can try and open it before bed, and see if it's open in the morning.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:39 PM
Yes I think it does show up as a background process.

I'd set it to load and go and do something else. Come back to the computer in an hour or so. If it's not working then troubleshoot.

Bodyshop also loads all CC, even furniture, mods etc - so it can help to pull out your downloads folder while you try to load it.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:42 PM
Yes, it does show up in backward processes, it just doesn't show up anywhere else. And don't feel stupid, you're not the only one I was very confused by it when I first started using bodyshop.

If you do have a lot of CC, it may be helpful to test by moving them to desktop temporarily, and deleting caches, and then trying. It should open much faster then That way you'll know it can open, and it's only a matter of being patient. Or if you have the option of leaving the computer on overnight, you can try and open it before bed, and see if it's open in the morning.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I just figured it wasn't opening properly, because several years ago (when i was a youngster) I had sims 2 with a lot of cc and body shop would open in a snap, but I was also working with a larger desktop and I didn't have all the expansion and stuff packs. My computer isn't the best tbh so I always assume when something isn't going quite right that it's a problem. I actually am about to go somewhere for an hour or two, so i'll move my downloads folder to the desktop and try and open it. Thank you again! I'll post again if it doesn't work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:49 PM
NEVERMIND. IT'S STILL NOT WORKING. I opened task manager, noticed a drop down menu next to the TS2 body shop program, clicked on the application inside and got the error message 'FAILED TO ENUMERATE DIRECTX9 COMPATIBLE GRAPHICS DRIVERS IN THIS SYSTEM." and it seems ts2 body shop closes in background programs before it opens. My sims 2 game works just fine and I have no idea why body shop is being so difficult.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:54 PM
Did you delete caches like I said? They have a tendency to stop working after a while, and when removing downloads it's pretty much guaranteed that they won't work. When caches are the problem, the program will open in background process, and then close itself without opening for real.

Not familiar with the message, so perhaps it is something else, but it's worth asking at least.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:59 PM
Did you delete caches like I said? They have a tendency to stop working after a while, and when removing downloads it's pretty much guaranteed that they won't work. When caches are the problem, the program will open in background process, and then close itself without opening for real.

Not familiar with the message, so perhaps it is something else, but it's worth asking at least.

I googled the message and the only instances I can see of it showing up are with trying to open the actual game??? Where can I delete the caches by the way?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 3:07 PM
Caches are located in your The Sims 2 folders in your documents.
groups.cache
accessory.cache

There may also be files called cigen and contentregistry. Delete those too if you have them

Wikipage on how to delete caches

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 3:09 PM
Caches are located in your The Sims 2 folders in your documents.
groups.cache
accessory.cache

There may also be files called cigen and contentregistry. Delete those too if you have them

Wikipage on how to delete caches

I deleted them, still nothing. I've given up on body shop but now my sims 2 game itself isn't starting. I'm going to shut my computer down while i'm out then try again when I get back, but please if anyone has any info post it here (i'll be checking from my phone)
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 5:15 PM Last edited by Rusty55 : 27th Apr 2015 at 5:31 PM.
I have this very same problem. What I do is ..............

Go into Documents/ Sims 2 UC and delete groups.cache and accessory.cache (Like gummilutt said)

Go into Program files(x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Fun with Pets/SP9/CSBin and launch Body Shop from there. I have 15 gb of cc in my downloads, it takes 15 minutes for bodyshop to load. If you move your mouse, it will show either the hour glass turning (XP users) or the little blue round thing turning. If you see either turning, it is loading.

Edit: If it doesn't load, shut down and restart your computer before trying to launch again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rusty55
I have this very same problem. What I do is ..............

Go into Documents/ Sims 2 UC and delete groups.cache and accessory.cache (Like gummilutt said)

Go into Program files(x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Fun with Pets/SP9/CSBin and launch Body Shop from there. I have 15 gb of cc in my downloads, it takes 15 minutes for bodyshop to load. If you move your mouse, it will show either the hour glass turning (XP users) or the little blue round thing turning. If you see either turning, it is loading.

Edit: If it doesn't load, shut down and restart your computer before trying to launch again.

BLESS YOU. It worked when I put it back from whence it came and I thank you so much!!! This is the first time I have ever posted a forum of any kind and I wasn't sure how the experience was going to be, but now whenever I have a problem I'll definitely try to post it if i can't find anything about it (like this issue here). Thanks again!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 8:58 PM
I'm glad it worked out for you and that I could help you.