Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2015 at 11:35 AM
Default Sims 3 (or 4) things you really really wish that would be available in SIms 2
Hey talking with some of the Sims 3 fans here really made me realize that Sims 3 does have some perks that I really wish would be available in Sims 2, and so does Sims 4. Do you feel similar?
Here's my list:

Sims 3:

Selecting shoes, socks, jewellery and gloves independent from the main outfit, while Sims 2 had a bit of independent jewellery the feature was vestigial at best.
The body weight and muscle sliders.
The better supernaturals with more unique behaviors, interactions and genetics (Sims 2 supernaturals are largely useless)
Fairies
Mermaids
Unicorns
Proper Basements
45 degree rotation of objects
Boats
Houseboats
CAW

Sims 4:
The CAS in general.
The convenience updates to the build mode (dragging walls around, resizing rooms, plopping down whole rooms, adding foundations after the house is finished)

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th May 2015 at 11:54 AM
I like the diving, houseboats, body sliders and selectable shoes from Sims 3.

I like the playground equipment, window placement and moveable houses from Sims 4.

I already have instant 45 degree angles in sims 2, it's called a cheat file.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2015 at 12:01 PM
From what I've heard of 3, the open world was the most fun part of the game. So that would have to be in it, but without the 'disappearing' of unused pixels. That would annoy me to no end.

The boats were also cool.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2015 at 12:03 PM
One thing I'd like from TS4 is multiple outfits for each occasion. That's one thing I really really like.
#5 Old 12th May 2015 at 12:31 PM
The multiple outfits are a fun idea. However because of that one damnable feature I have yet to actually get a CAS sim into a hood because I can't settle on 5 per outfit.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th May 2015 at 1:16 PM
- The option to change shoes, I've been trying to work out for days now which of CatofEvilGenius's leggings I want in my game. Do I want so many colours with flats? or do I want the same colours with different shoe options? etc. My game can't handle everything.
- Horses: I'd like a family with a stable. I know you can download a horse but from what I know it's just an object.
- Basements I can see into properly. I rarely give my sims basements because it's too much to move around. But also I don't really like the Sims 3 basements that much either.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th May 2015 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

I already have instant 45 degree angles in Sims 2, it's called a cheat file.

True, but doesn't that cause all sorts of problems when Sims try to interact with the diagonally placed objects? Like you can only place certain objects that way?

And some other things:

Being able to adjust the length of age groups and seasons!
YA as a proper age group
Deers

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th May 2015 at 1:49 PM
Strollers and working rocking chair from Sims 3. I miss those.
Instructor
#9 Old 12th May 2015 at 1:55 PM
One of the only things I truly miss from TS3 is the pattern tool. For me, this was mostly used on clothing (I'm not much of a builder). I loved that it felt like I always had unlimited clothing options because outfits could be so different depending on the patterns and colors used. And changing shoes for outfits would be nice too, as mentioned by others.

I would say unlimited hair colors too, except I hated the lack of a real genetics system in TS3. If there were some way to have more hair color options, but also have recessive and dominant genetics in place, that would be great. I guess in an ideal game, there would be some set amount of colors, maybe 20 to allow for variation in shades, and they would be set on default options that made genetic sense (red and blond type colors as recessive, brown and black type colors as dominant), but the player could have an in game method of changing the genetic values. I would especially love it if you could set genetic values for custom hair colors, if you wanted to play a fantasy type game.

Never going to happen, I know. But it sure would be nice! I stopped playing TS3 a bit under a year ago, and TS2 keeps me fairly happy, it's just a few of those small customization things I miss.
Instructor
#10 Old 12th May 2015 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
From what I've heard of 3, the open world was the most fun part of the game. So that would have to be in it, but without the 'disappearing' of unused pixels. That would annoy me to no end.

The boats were also cool.

I did love the open world in TS3, it got me going on community lots more. I would love if TS2 had this somehow but in a way that didn't make the game massively slow and laggy. Honestly, that was what I expected from TS4- a better version of the open world, and in general combining the better features of all the previous games. Now I'm stuck hoping this is managed for TS5, if there ever is a TS5, that is.
Alchemist
#11 Old 12th May 2015 at 2:30 PM
TS3
The open world
The auto aging process (but without Sims having their own babies and moving away on their own)
Strollers
The supernaturals
CASt
The young adult age group

TS4
Movable houses
All the extra playable careers
Mad Poster
#12 Old 12th May 2015 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
The multiple outfits are a fun idea. However because of that one damnable feature I have yet to actually get a CAS sim into a hood because I can't settle on 5 per outfit.

Lol! Ah, when I'm feeling lazy/uninspired, my sims will wear the same clothes but perhaps with a different pair of shoes or a different top. Like I think Jenny Smith has three tops and two pairs of jeans, just in different combos.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 12th May 2015 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
- Horses: I'd like a family with a stable. I know you can download a horse but from what I know it's just an object.

Rebecah has horses, pigs, cows at Affinity Sims. From what I have read here, they do make NPCs so if you ever tire of them, you can't just delete them. http://www.affinitysims.com/IPB/fil...ideable-horses/

houseboats
different fish
cherry tree
different plants
diving

Sims 4 Observatory (with the woohoo option)
and the microscope
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th May 2015 at 5:56 PM
The multi-tasking from TS4 is something I'd love. The Sims themselves feel a bit odd being only able to focus on one task at a time.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

#15 Old 12th May 2015 at 7:11 PM
mmm multi tasking in my experience is a hit or miss.My loner sim needed social so sent him to the blues club but he ended up listening to, then dancing to music and ignoring all MY commands to go talk to people. For some things I can see the logic like talking while preparing food but other things were so auonomous you just kinda threw up your hands and went "ok do your thing i'm just gonna wait for you to starve to death now".

I would say the one thing i would want in sims 2 from sims 4 is the furniture but the conversions that have been done so far that I've put in my game I';ve taken out almost immediately because of the extreme clash of aesthetic styles. It really drove home the 2d cartoon look even when next to sims 2 items.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 12th May 2015 at 7:44 PM Last edited by gazania : 13th May 2015 at 8:01 AM.
I would have liked a variation of Sims 3 ... semi-open worlds. Some Sims 3 players have reported problems with a totally-open world, such as lag times.

But if Sims 2 had a semi-open world ... you could have pretty much free rein in small sections of your hood ... that would be interesting.

Or so I think initially. Then I realize that if Sims 2 went semi-open, there would probably be more limitations on lots, and probably rabbit holes. So I usually mentally rescind that wish.

About the only things in 3 that I would have liked in 2 would have been the gorgeous details on the scenery, and the body sliders. DEFINITELY the body sliders. No huge-MB files of the body shapes I want in my game. No searching in vain for clothes for the less-popular shapes (I like Warlokk's Mila shape, the C-Cup with 36-inch hips, and D-Cup with 36-inch hips. I'd go a little wider on the hips, but that would mean including much more CC, so I reluctantly limited myself to those.) And more variety in male shapes!

If the Sims 2 genie asked me what single Sims series 3-related wish he could grant me, it would DEFINITELY be the body sliders first.

Sims 4 ... darn good question. The facial sliders, I guess.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 12th May 2015 at 7:45 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th May 2015 at 2:40 AM.
TS3: Open and pretty neighborhoods, working strollers, horses, CASt, and selecting individual clothing items like shoes.

TS4: Some of the toys, the medical career, and body shaping in CAS (just being able to change the body - the tools weren't that great). Perhaps a few of the building tools. Haven't played TS4, so I don't know if there's more.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 12th May 2015 at 7:51 PM
The ability to pick shoes in Sims 3 is one of the really big things I wish for in Sims 2. I love shoes, and have quite a few separates that are the exact same pants but different shoes or colors of shoes. I also have lots of CC shoes that I place in my Sims homes, because I like looking at them.

I don't know a whole lot about Sims 4, but the build mode changes seem really great. The ability to pick up an entire room and everything in it at once is something I have dreamed of for a long time, so I saw that was going to be an actual feature in Sims 4 I was very jealous. Being able to add foundations after also sounds great.

I'm sure there's plenty of other little things I'd love. Strollers for example that someone mentioned sounds great. That's partially why I don't look much at the other two games, I'll just start wanting the impossible. In the end I know Sims 2 is the game for me, so I might as well remain happy with what I have

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 12th May 2015 at 9:07 PM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 12th May 2015 at 10:44 PM
As far as I can tell the only kind of open world that would actually work would be like in Skyrim. Open countryside but you load large towns and you load individual houses. That was what I was hoping for.They killed it because they knew as it was it wasn't working and they didn't want to spend the time to make a semi open Skyrim world work. I had to install entire world replacements just to make World Adventures play. If a game wont even play without a modders help then whatever they are doing isn't working.

I second adding in strollers.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#21 Old 12th May 2015 at 11:35 PM
Body sliders from TS3 - I liked the custom ones for hips, shoulders, and breasts, etc. better than the ones that came with the game, though. And CASt. There are some other little things I'd like to have, but those are the two biggest for me.
Theorist
#23 Old 13th May 2015 at 12:37 AM
Will never play TS4, so I can't speak to what features I'd like to see in TS2.

Played TS3 for a couple of years and can honestly say that the only two things I would love to have in TS2...is the fantastic lot view of neighboring homes/buildings, and the amount of detail the water has (pond and ocean) without having to use mods.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 13th May 2015 at 1:00 AM
@nitromon You did everything from this thread? http://digitalperversion.net/garden...p?topic=21931.0
For me it was Sims 3 that would never run properly. Any more then 3 EP''s and it would look like mud with the game freezing every 10-20 seconds.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#25 Old 13th May 2015 at 1:42 AM
More detailed neighbors homes from within lot view. Also the open world from Sims 3
I don't want Sims 3 in the fear that I will never return to my sim roots (sims 2 and it's related PSP games)
aside from that anything else that I wanted I have.
Page 1 of 3