Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#176 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 9:09 AM
You need to keep custom memories if anyone has them.

I think that the nurses/doctors are only templates, so you shouldn't need to keep them.

The PetstoAL is the main mod; if you don't remove that then you might as well keep the whole thing. The socials should be safe to remove.

The best thing to do would be to ask Chris Hatch at Back Alley Sims about anything you're uncertain of. I've always found him willing to answer questions.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#177 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 9:30 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 11th Jan 2015 at 10:03 AM.
Good point Charity, ask the creator. *forehead slap* I don't know why but I tend to think of him as unapproachable, probably to do with the numbers of boobs he has floating around his site. I've only ever dived in, grabbed what I wanted like 'kids pick flowers' and got the heck out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#178 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 9:32 AM
He's very helpful actually. Don't judge people by the um number of unfettered breasts roaming around their site? XD
Mad Poster
#179 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 1:02 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 11th Jan 2015 at 1:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You need to keep custom memories if anyone has them.

I think that the nurses/doctors are only templates, so you shouldn't need to keep them.

The PetstoAL is the main mod; if you don't remove that then you might as well keep the whole thing. The socials should be safe to remove.

The best thing to do would be to ask Chris Hatch at Back Alley Sims about anything you're uncertain of. I've always found him willing to answer questions.

Until now, I've only removed the objects and equipments. I also removed the CC clothes and hair that the NPCs wear, since I don't and won't be using the mod anytime soon, so it shouldn't harm anything removing those. As the NPCs won't actually appear during game play.

I can't remove the nurses and doctors 'template' packages because I've found in the HoodChecker in my neighborhood through the GUID.

So, the PetstoAL and Socials packages; what are they (if anyone here knows)?

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Good point Charity, ask the creator. *forehead slap* I don't know why but I tend to think of him as unapproachable, probably to do with the numbers of boobs he has floating around his site. I've only ever dived in, grabbed what I wanted like 'kids pick flowers' and got the heck out.

I actually went to BAS, and looked up the hospital info page, it didn't say anything about removing the mod. And I agree with you, jo, he does seem "unapproachable"!

ETA: I just posted a question on how to uninstall, while keeping the NPCs, memories, etc... in mind, on the hospital download page ( here's the link: http://www.backalleysims.com/adults...Hospital-Births , careful though, its a bit '18+'-ish). I guess we'll just have to wait, and I'll keep y'all posted!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#180 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 6:44 PM Last edited by gazania : 12th Jan 2015 at 1:42 AM.
Dunno ... Chris did try to help when I had the problem with the visitors mod. I did not find him unapproachable, but it may take a while for him to respond.

However .... and I find this with many creators ... sometimes, they themselves may not exactly know, or may look at the consequence of their mods and think, "Oh, crap." Back when I was a tester for a creator years ago, we both found out problems together. Even if creators test properly, different people have their games configured differently, and that may complicate matters.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#181 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 10:23 PM
That's also true. I forget who it was now, but I know someone didn't think it was a problem removing their mod with NPC's and said deleting sims was no big deal, so... You might not always want to take a creators word on it either.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#182 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 6:40 PM
So, Chris Hatch replied to my question (Thank you!) and here's what he said about removing his mod:

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
If the memories (CJH_Hospital_Memory.package, CJH_MemBabyAdoptOut.package) were installed and have been used then they should never be removed.
NPCs use the template they were created from for pie menus and op-codes so unless you can delete the nurses you should keep the nurse templates and nurse skin. The doctor NPCs would have been added into your neighbourhood and some sims may have formed relationships and memories that depend on them so it would be safest to keep them installed. (they should be in the service sim family so you'll never see them in game without hospitals).
After removing all hospitals from your neighbourhoods it should be safe to delete everything else.

I asked him about it some more and will keep you posted.
Mad Poster
#183 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 1:15 AM
He did say that it was safe to delete everything else, so he's already answered the second question you asked.
Mad Poster
#184 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 11:38 AM
He did say that it was safe to delete everything else, so he's already answered the second question you asked.

Well, we can't delete everything unless we're actually sure that it won't cause any harm. Its not as simple as it seems, Charity. Better safe than sorry. It depends on the circumstances as well.

My second question over at BAS was to ask him what PetstoAL, Socials and the Ambulance packages are. (I'm sure it safe to remove the ambulance package, but, again; better safe than sorry.
Mad Poster
#185 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 12:58 PM
It seems simple enough to me, but then I did research on the mod before I added it, so I know what everything does.

The ambulance package is literally the ambulance and you don't need to keep it. Socials are the special socials used by doctors and nurses to treat patients and you don't need them either. PetstoAL is the mod itself; that's just the expansion packs you should have for this version of the mod.
Mad Poster
#186 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 2:22 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 13th Jan 2015 at 5:38 PM.
It seems simple enough to me, but then I did research on the mod before I added it, so I know what everything does.

The ambulance package is literally the ambulance and you don't need to keep it. Socials are the special socials used by doctors and nurses to treat patients and you don't need them either. PetstoAL is the mod itself; that's just the expansion packs you should have for this version of the mod.

Well, that's comforting! Thanks!

Though, I'm still not sure about the PetstoAL package, as well as the Giftshop and Extras folders. Which is why I'm waiting to get an answer from Chris himself.

P.S. I know, I know, I'm asking a lot of questions and worrying too much. I just don't want to screw my neighborhood up some more more than it already is. :D

ETA: Chris Hatch has replied to my final question:

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
The 'CJH_Hospitals-Pets-to-AL.Package' is the main part and contains a lot of overrides that can conflict with other things so that certainly should be removed. Once that is removed everything else except the memories, doctor(s) and nurse template should be removed.
Since the hospital has never been run in your current neighbourhoods then it'd be safe to remove the memories. It would most likely do no harm to remove the NPCs if they've never been used, but keeping them is the safest option.

He was very helpful indeed!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#187 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 5:17 AM
One more addition to the list ... while I can't see WHY you'd delete these, Amaryll's dragons may also be NPCs.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...d=1#post4945510

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#188 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 7:22 PM
Added. Thanks!

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Page 8 of 8