Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Helptato
#76 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 2:47 AM
I do like to decorate my Sims houses up in December, provided I actually remember to. Their season is almost never actually winter though, so it does look strange but what can you do.

I think I've only ever had a case where it was winter and I bothered to do "Christmas" properly once. (I figure it wouldn't mean as much to Sims anyway, they have no idea about the meaning of the holiday because it's a different culture.)

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 11:24 AM
My Sims celebrate holidays when their calender says to do it - and their calendar is not aligned with the conventional ones on Earth. Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year (sorry, Turning Day) are the only holiday that both calendars share, but as it's mid-Miyuld (equivalent of May) in my game right now, Sims are more interested in the upcoming Miyuld Day (adults and children explore parks, teens date each other in secluded spots) than in a holiday that they'll probably next celebrate in summer 2016 at this rate.

The calendar of holidays for SimHampton this year is below. Some holidays slightly change date each year. Any date in square brackets is a "major" holiday where Sims are sent to prison if they go to work and aren't in Education or otherwise excused, those in angular brackets are optional holidays (Sims may work, or not, as the mood takes them and the storyline suggests makes sense) and the ones in standard brackets are working days that are a bit more festive than regular Sim days for whatever reason.

Turner – 1 [Turning Day], 16 (Concerto - music performances occur at many lots), 28 [SimBookDay - the Palace has a party for all Sims who wrote a book in the previous year]
Frii – 14 (Education Day - teachers get the day off), 15 [Freedom Day - massive festivities; the town's equivalent of an Independence Day], 28 <Frii Day - nobody remembers why this day is a holiday, so people just relax at home mostly>
Marich – 9 (Mother's Day - children expected to spoil their mothers (and fathers, hence no Father's Day)), 11 (The Accursed Day - remembrance events for Sims who have died), 28 <Marich Day - traditional day for weddings, engagements and wild vows of love>
Appel – 1 (Day of Jokes - pranks galore!), 28 <Appel Day - traditional day for trying to join the Garden Club>
Miyuld – 3 <Great Cyberstorm - Sims remember all the times the neighbourhood was a giant fireball visible from space>, 28 <Miyuld Day - Sims enjoy the great outdoors>, 30 [Corruption Day - traditional day for doing emergency drills at work and home]
Jupin– 28 [SimColony Day - celebrating diversity and the will to explore. A common date for starting holidays abroad and making outlandish bets about changing habits]
Jiyve – 14 <Service Day - festivities to give thanks for Palace workers and other people who work in unexciting jobs>, 28 [Amarilla Award - the annual celebration of artistic talent in its widest sense]
Offmonth – 1 [Off Day], 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 25, 31 [State Sim Summer Slodown - compulsory days off to force Sims to actually enjoy the summer instead of working through the sunshine], 22 [Psuedotyr’s Day - religious Sims traditionally choose this day to make vows of all kinds, everyone else relaxes at home], 28 [Offmonth Day - traditional day for job recruiters to show off their new vacancies and head-hunt staff from other companies]
Setenbarr - 4 (Day of Blessings - festivities to recall everything Sims are thankful for), 20 <War Day - parties to be thankful for peace and celebrate everyone who makes peace possible>, 28 <Setenbarr Day - the day students of religion are traditionally given their first religious postings - everyone else watches the show as the accompanying theatrical performance is very dramatic>
Octavo – 8 <Octavo Music Festival - all Sims with musical inclinations perform at the same concert. Sales of earplugs skyrocket on this day>
Neufbarken – 4 (Peace Day - more parties to be thankful for peace), 28 <Neufbarken Day - another holiday whose origins are forgotten>
D’End – 25 [Christmas - celebrating... ...not sure what, as Christianity doesn't actually exist in SimHampton, but they still eat lots of food and take the day off work to be with family, and think that's a generally great idea], 28 <Boxing Day - day for giving out presents and being with family and/or close friends>

I'll focus on the winter holidays as these are the theme of the thread.

I have every expansion pack, and any house I play at Christmas will try to get Santa (most of them are too greedy and eat the cookies before Santa comes - I figure that it's their own silly fault if they aren't generous enough to Santa to get nice things from him). Boxing Day has a party of whatever sort makes most sense for that house - usually with a guest list of just family and very close friends. Turning Day/New Year's Day always involves a New Year's Day bash. Usually the community lots will get some Christmas decorations in the run-up to Christmas, but only a few houses will have decoration (because I tend to be decoration-light in any case).

Sims in SimHampton are banned from working during Christmas, Turning Day and all other major holidays on the calendar, unless they work in Education (because children still get to go to school if they want and someone has to teach them) or they have an exemption (a small number of Sims are needed in other occupations to keep the town functioning, but these Sims have to agree they can work with the Palace in advance, and get a certificate approving their work on that day). Boxing Day is not a major holiday, and while some Sims take the day off, many don't.

I don't use special food for any of the winter holidays, though I do for some others. Still, Sims tend to eat more at Christmas than normally. Turning Day resolutions often include wishes to become less fat...

Sims wear their normal or formal clothes and hairstyles.

Mostly my Sims free-range or do things that make sense to the plot (it's a pretty plot-driven neighbourhood). If there's snow, I make a special effort to get them to enjoy it. If not (often there isn't because I don't worry about calendar/weather relationships) and the family has a weather machine... ...guess what will come out of the machine on Christmas Day, and will remain coming out of it until the day after Turning Day at least?
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#78 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 6:54 PM Last edited by Simonut : 20th Dec 2014 at 7:25 PM.
Here are some "Holidays Hats" for your Sims they are all so cute, check this link > http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=224217

Note : By Creator that you need some form of Holiday pack.

Click on pictures here for larger viewing.
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#79 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
Sims in SimHampton are banned from working during Christmas, Turning Day and all other major holidays on the calendar, unless they work in Education (because children still get to go to school if they want and someone has to teach them) or they have an exemption (a small number of Sims are needed in other occupations to keep the town functioning, but these Sims have to agree they can work with the Palace in advance, and get a certificate approving their work on that day). Boxing Day is not a major holiday, and while some Sims take the day off, many don't.

I don't use special food for any of the winter holidays, though I do for some others. Still, Sims tend to eat more at Christmas than normally. Turning Day resolutions often include wishes to become less fat...

Sims wear their normal or formal clothes and hairstyles.

Mostly my Sims free-range or do things that make sense to the plot (it's a pretty plot-driven neighbourhood). If there's snow, I make a special effort to get them to enjoy it. If not (often there isn't because I don't worry about calendar/weather relationships) and the family has a weather machine... ...guess what will come out of the machine on Christmas Day, and will remain coming out of it until the day after Turning Day at least?

@>> ieta cassiopeial >> I just love how you handle your Sims in your game, and I enjoy reading what all you had to say. I really love that SimHampton are "banned" from working during XMas and all other major holidays. Thaks for sharing your Sims story.

NOTE: OOP sorry I double post, but I just had to say something about your post.

Mad Poster
#80 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut on 2nd December
@>> AndrewGlorial >> It's so much fun reading your post, I have to sometime think twice when you say things like "Hopefully we'll have the new chairs in time for Christmas." It so close to what people say in the "real world" about Christmas time.
Then I think and say to myself AndrewGloria is talking about the Sims not his real world. But go ahead be "Fairy Santa" for your Sims and do a money cheat like Kaching give them 1000 simoleon and buy the darn chairs.
You'll be glad to know that Gloria got to Ramirez's Fine Furniture a couple of days ago, and bought two chairs to match the ones she had already. . .

So everything is set for four round the table for Christmas dinner. Garry (Gloria's boyfriend) and Julian (Andrew's boyfriend) are invited, and Andrew will roast a turkey. Hopefully we won't burn it this time.

P.S. Thanks everyone for the links to Christmas CC.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#81 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
You'll be glad to know that Gloria got to Ramirez's Fine Furniture a couple of days ago, and bought two chairs to match the ones she had already. . .

So everything is set for four round the table for Christmas dinner. Garry (Gloria's boyfriend) and Julian (Andrew's boyfriend) are invited, and Andrew will roast a turkey. Hopefully we won't burn it this time.

P.S. Thanks everyone for the links to Christmas CC.

@>>AndrewGlorial >> Jumping for joy here! That Gloria, Garry, Julian and her boyfriend Andrew will have a very nice "Merry Christmas dinner." I love the picture. :lovestruc
Wishing you as well a happy Holidays.

Mad Poster
#82 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 2:42 PM
Well, they've had their Christmas turkey now. For some reason they still chose to take their plates on their knees. (It's probably something to do with me putting a candle on the table.) But then they sat round the table to have their picture taken.

Anyway, my Sims and I would like to wish a Very Merry Christmas to you all and to all your Sims!

Let's drink a toast to that!

Sorry if this is a little bit late for our antipodean friends.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Top Secret Researcher
#83 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 6:35 PM
Hm, maybe we should start a holiday thread in the picture section. There are plenty of holidays and, I'm sure, plenty of people who want to share pictures! My royal family's Christmas is going to have to wait until Saturday, but they don't know what day it is. For all they know, it's Easter 2027 today.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#84 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 8:05 PM
There is already a Holidays pictutre thread here. I just put mine in this thread (with spoilers) because they were a reply to Simonut's post, and my Sims and I all thought this was the best place to wish you all a Merry Christmas!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#85 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 2:49 PM
Isabella and Bianca Monty would like to wish you all

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Page 4 of 4