Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 7:40 AM
Default Oops..I have double Tricou dead people...
I had created a Downtown a few weeks back...Then thought, there might be a better one than the one shipped with the game, so I went and downloaded Tarlia's Downtown. The one with everyone, but all cleaned up and fixed.

I deleted the D001 I already had, via the game 'Hood screen thing, then put Tarlia's one instead, into my game files (C drive)
Re launched the game, and re add a Downtown to my main Hood.
Of course, all the Downtownies are duplicated, same sims but different names, but that I can deal with , my new cemetery actually feels quite empty.
But..the Tricou dead people who were probably resting in somewhat peace in Gothier Green Lawns...also got moved (to my main hood, let's assume)
But new Tricou'z have been created again, and kept their name, with that new Downtown...

Do I have a problem?
Or is the game will just have to deal with 2 of each...
Hood Checker throws no errors at me whatsoever.
I am wondering where are those grave clones at!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 10:46 AM
Oh crap, I copied the House of Fallen Leaves to the bin. D: I forgot about the graves. Now I have double up of them as well.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 1:16 PM
I have two "hobbies" neighbourhoods on one of my saves. I did a similar thing. And two sets of AL townies. It's annoying but it's not seeming to cause any issues. It's a ruleset playtest hood so I'm not going to try and fix it although I've done surgery on some of them so they aren't clones.

If it's a brand new hood I'd delete and start again personally. But it's up to you.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 1:20 PM
Two sets of Townies, or any living sim..no trouble. But those sets we have are ghosts...with the same name & history in the game.
It does not seem to be causing problems..but my Hood is fairly new, and the duplicating just happened.
I thought about re doing it yes..but I am rather hoping a solution exist, or that it is no biggie if it just stays this way.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 2:58 PM
If each unit in a matched pair of Tricous has a different userID, the game won't realize they're duplicates.

TIger Anne, you broke your neighborhood when you moved the graves in the House of Fallen Trees to the bin. That's a much bigger problem than duplicate Tricous.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 2:59 PM
@Rosebine no you dont have a problem for the game should have gave them dif numbers when you added Downtown for the 2nd time.

You just have 2 of every one from Downtown so have fun with look-a-likes. LOL

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:12 PM
They all indeed had a different userID, including the dead smelly ones.
I guess I went too quicky though..and decided to redo my whole Neighborhood.
But this is fine!!!! I only had one main family created, and I like a clean Hood.
Thank you all.