Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 9:18 AM Last edited by ms muggles : 19th Dec 2014 at 9:20 AM. Reason: spell
I just restarted my hood (moved game over to another computer) and decided not to continue with my old game--but instead restart fresh.

I started up with 9 single sims (5 guys and 4 gals all unrelated) and one married couple--so a total of 11. Out of the 9 singles --6 paired up, one fell in love and married Tara Kats and another Malcolm Landgrab IV. One male (romance / pleasure is still single and having way too much fun to settle down). All couples have one child each---3 girls and 3 boys. The kids are about to enter teenhood. I will see how they interact with each other and hopefully can pair them up as adults or during collage.

I will be adding into game probably 2 couples when the 2nd generation returns from collage--just too add more variety to the hood. 2nd generation will have between 1 and 2 kids per couple.

from then I do not plan to add any more CAS sims---should have enough to keep the game going with just in born game sims and also will start to play more with the pre-mades (Pleasants, Goths, and Brokes).

If I end up with unbalanced number of boy babies and girl babies in the hood --I will try to find them their one true love at collage.

I play in rotation and am enjoying my restart and not having to manage such a large number of sims. My old game --my hood was up to 20 palyable families (each with 2-3 kids ) and I didn't feel the connection anymore to my game. Will try to keep my hood small this time.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 9:25 AM
I start with the Sim bin families Add 3 - 4 CAS families, and about 6 singles. I like aliens, I might make some for my current hood if these other lot aren't abducted soon enough.
Theorist
#28 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 11:40 AM
I started with two families: Madame Sanders and her daughters Javotte and Martha, and Henri LeRoy (who married Javotte) and his creatively-named father Pere. Later added were two more families: Gavin (Gavroche?) Valljean, who married Martha and the two were promptly ignored, and the Littledragon family: Vlad, Elaine, Colin, Andrew, and Jonathan. Henri and Javotte had eight children, Andrew had three, and Jon had one. All the sims I currently play are descended from these sims, usually multiple ways.

I don't add new families from CAS anymore, but the number of households I play grows and shrinks depending on marriages, babies, deaths, and ages. I did add the Newsons once I got FT, because I wanted to play them, but I don't anticipate needing to add more.

I don't have to worry about maintaining the population. My sims handle that just fine. Actually, my sims have babies when one of the following applies: 1) both parents roll a want to have/adopt at the same time, 2) I'm playing a challenge that requires X number of pregnancies/babies, or 3) when I think they should have babies because they are awesome.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#29 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 3:08 PM
Do other people normally start only with adults? I usually start with all ages & stages, I like the variety.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 3:33 PM
Usually just one family, and they will try to connect with sims from the old neighbourhood.... Out of curiousity, do you normally create a new hood on open for business, or downtown?
Instructor
#31 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Do other people normally start only with adults? I usually start with all ages & stages, I like the variety.

It depends a lot on the neighborhood I'm making. Sometimes I roll the families I start with, meaning members can be from elder to toddler, and there can be from 1 to 8 sims in a family. A lot of the time, the simbin families get used by me as well - easy, pre-made families to use as I see fit Other times, the whole point is to start with a founder or some founder couples and build things from there.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 9:21 PM
I have started a hood prosperity style where families are rolled, but then if I do that I play it more as a challenge, seeing which family will do the best with a set goal. With my integrated hoods, which is the style I mostly play these days than yes, I start of with adult couples who I see as the founders. I find I don't get attached so much to pre made kids, I like to see what kids they can produce themselves as I play.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#33 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 9:38 PM
In the past I have started with two to five families. I was going to do that this time too but now I don't know.
Undead Molten Llama
#34 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq

When I'm playing in my typical way, I only start out with single founders, so I'm limited to starting with teens-and-up. I usually don't start with elders, though, because CAS-made elders generally die too quickly to do much in the way of any dynastic founding. So, I'll start with teens, YAs (if I decide the neighborhood gets a uni off the bat), and adults.

I have started neighborhoods sort of Prosperity-style on occasion, though, in which case, I randomly generate starting families using Mangaroo's generators here: http://www.mangaroo.com/sims2/ That way, I get a random mix of ages, genetics, and aspirations and such to start out with. I tend to like randomness a lot in my playing. It keeps me out of the ruts that I'll put myself into otherwise.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jimbbq
Usually just one family, and they will try to connect with sims from the old neighbourhood.... Out of curiousity, do you normally create a new hood on open for business, or downtown?

Oh, when I talk about "starting a new hood" I tend to mean a base hood. I just add downtowns and subhoods as I see fit.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#36 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
Im talking about the CAS and the first generation kids.

How many did you start with and how many born in game did you have during the first generation playing them. (Estimated is fine).
How often or when did you add new families?

For my latest hood Cornerhill I started with four families. Each has two parents and two children of each gender, one toddler and one child. A total of 16 CAS sims.
Up until now there are no born-in-game sims yet. Eventually that will happen of course, but this hood's purpose isn't really a legacy type of hood. The first generation will therefore, if it is up to me, don't have more children. I will leave that to the second generation and the oldest have just become teens.
I don't have inteen so there won't be teen pregnancies.
I'm not planning on adding more CAS families for this hood. When there comes a shortage of available sims to pair up with, I will use townies.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 6:37 PM
Do other people normally start only with adults?

Normally I do, but I've started with entire families before, such as in Thalia. It's a challenge to create a back-story for the families, which is why I usually don't do them.

Family neighborhoods tend to spiral out of control way too easily for me, and so I mostly prefer to use the single adults.

It's easier to develop the neighborhood from single people and let it grow on its' own. The story creates itself.
Page 2 of 2