Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 9:29 PM
Default If YouThink You Know Everything About The Sims Animations Think Twice.
Why I love my Sims? They continue to surprise me with what they can do, things that I "never" knew they could or would do, right in front of my very own eyes. I have been playing the Sims 2 since ( 2006 ) and this animation that I witness is the first ever for me. Here is what happen one of my teen ( boy ) was fast asleep in his bed in his very own room; when his sister came into his room and began ( child ) playing around with his pin ball machine.

The teen boy sit straight up in his bed ( he did not get out of his bed ) and there right in his bed he began to SHOO his sister away to get out of his room, because he is trying to sleep.
After doing so his sister left his room, and the teen boy just lay back down to continue his sleeping. The animations that the Teen boy use was the "exact" same animations that a Sims would use to chase another Sims out of the bathroom, when they want to use the toilet or take a bath.

Accept this was done in his "Bed" and out went the Sims that he was asking to leave. It was such a beautiful experience to see this, something that was the "first" for me.
The only other animations I notice that my Sims can do is with a cloth in their hand they will clean a window on their home lot, and that also took years for me to see.

But this animation of making a Sim leave your room while they are trying to sleep is the first for me, and surprisingly doing so while remaining in their bed.
How lovely it was to watch such a wonderful animation, and this is just one of the reasons I love my Sims and the Sims 2 :lovestruc

Members and guests feel free to share your never before seen animations that you first witness that your Sims can do.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 11:11 PM
Oh, I've not seen the shoo from the bed either. Blimey. The window cleaning one I have seen. I wonder if it would be possible to extract that if someone made a house-cleaning mod.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 11:19 PM
I see the shoo animation when I use bunk beds. if the child on the bottom is getting up just as the child on the top wants to get up the one on the top does the shoo animation and lies back down.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 11:43 PM
Wow ! joandsarah 77 you saw this animation with bunk bed, how nice. But my Sims did this in his "single bed", it was rare for me to see.
I hope it will happen again, maybe I will sent his little sister back into his room while he is sleeping to see if it will happen once again, it was so lovely to watch.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 11:52 PM
I know you did, I think I saw that once when a teen girls was sleeping and the little sister came in and started playing her violin. The action in the bunk bed looks very similar if not the same so if others want to see the action easily they can use a bunk bed, as the other is quite rare.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 11:58 PM
I like the read-to-sleep animation, myself. I thought it was autonomous-only, but I've read that you can direct it at just the right times. I've never been able to do so (and I've tried), so I still tend to consider it autonomous-only. And when it happens, I think it's adorable.

I've never seen the "shoo" thing from a single bed, myself. But then, I also don't put noisy things in bedrooms. When I put my Sims to bed, I don't want them to be woken up by stuff. I have seen the bunk bed shoo thing that Jo described, though, because I use bunk beds a lot. And I've seen it with just-about-to-woohoo couples, shooing out loiterers in the same room before they do the deed.

I see the window-washing one often. I think only Sims with 9 or 10 neat points will do it, and only autonomously, so it's one of those things you'll never see unless you play with free will on.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 12:43 AM
I once had a waiter spill a plate of salad onto my Sim at a Nightlife restaurant. I have never seen it again, but it was hilarious and even resulted in a negative memory for my Sim. My personal favorite animation may be the sofa makeout (it's so over the top it's priceless!)
Inventor
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 12:49 AM

Little things mean a lot. My Sims usually either buy dogs as adults or keep puppies inside where they have access to pet beds. So one of the animations that I'd forgotten about is the sight of a puppy clambering to get into a doghouse. There's no clean leap into the doghouse; the puppy kicks its little hind legs to give itself the lift to get over the obstacle, just like a puppy would.

Too cute.

Meanwhile, along the shores of Moku Lahahana, a band of savage natives take advantage of a sudden sea storm to board an English merchant ship, quickly subduing the crew and taking control of the helm.

...either that or they're just playing pirates on Captain Dregg's shipwreck. "Play Pirates" is another autonomous action that your Sims can only do with free will enabled (and only while they're on a beach lot with a shipwreck on it). And sometimes your Sims roll "Play Pirates" as a Want, so the best you can do is to park your Sims aboard the ship, leave them alone and hope for the best. But when they do decide to play pirates, the results are glorious.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 4:22 AM
There's a bizarre "swing on fridge door" animation that I think teens can do– it's an autonomous animation similar to the "stuff face" one. The teen literally jumps onto an open fridge door and swings back and forth on it. I don't understand why anyone would do that, but one time one of my teen sims had a friends over after school who swung on the fridge for a few hours.

That was not helpful, funny, or love!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 4:28 AM
You can actually ask another sim to play pirates. It isn't only autonomous.
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 6:56 AM
Children can play with refrigerators, too, by swinging on the door. Mine will do it when their fun is really low and there's nothing else more fun to do. I think in both cases it's an autonomous-only action. I have vague recollections of adults doing it, too, but don't quote me on that.

Also, the sliding down banisters thing that AL added is awesome. Pretty sure that's autonomous-only, too, and I think only really playful Sims will do it.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 7:20 AM
One of the rarest animations I've seen with the years of playing The Sims 2 occurred during a Sim's vacation trip to Twikkii Island. This family of ours dug up a map to the mysterious hut. After calling a Taxi to go to the lot, the four family members came out of the car, and one of them was walking around...like in awe, with a book and pencil in his hand. Walking around writing in it while walking and looking around....that's something i've never seen happen with my other Sim families.

I don't know if anyone else have seen this happen. May it's just me remembering wrong, but it's...quite rare.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 7:40 AM
I think that is the ingredient that Sims 2 apart from anything else - the surprises never end. A group of students stood outside their dorm yesterday when a pretty lady came to visit one of them. When he greeted her with a kiss, the other males were flopping down in disappointment. legs and arms all over the place I totally loved that, never seen it before. And the elder male chef stood upright and straightened his shoulders when my pretty guest entered the kitchen - hehe
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
One of the rarest animations I've seen with the years of playing The Sims 2 occurred during a Sim's vacation trip to Twikkii Island. This family of ours dug up a map to the mysterious hut. After calling a Taxi to go to the lot, the four family members came out of the car, and one of them was walking around...like in awe, with a book and pencil in his hand. Walking around writing in it while walking and looking around....that's something i've never seen happen with my other Sim families.

I don't know if anyone else have seen this happen. May it's just me remembering wrong, but it's...quite rare.

I have a sim who does this, I think it's to do with a FT hobby but I'm really not sure.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 8:48 AM
Sorry to shatter the image, but he wasn't asking the other sim to leave so he could sleep. What likely happened was that the pinball machine woke him up, but when he tried to get out of bed, there was another sim standing in the square by the bed head. You can see this with bunk beds as mentioned or when there are two beds with only one square between them. They sit up, shrug and make a shooing/complaining motion, then go back to sleep. If they still need to wake up because of motives or noise, then they will attempt to wake up again, but if not then they'll just go back into their sleep routine.

However I love ascribing new motives or explanations for animations Like the cuisine one often gets mentioned because when a pregnant sim does it it looks like she is rubbing her baby belly

I found the other day that when a sim graduates and they pick a sim to pose with, another sim can get jealous! Puck Summerdream was dating Hermia, although his definition of exclusivity is extremely loose (or, in fact, non existent.) So he grabbed a dormie girl he'd been seeing for the graduation photo cutscene and Hermia threw a fit in the background. It was quite funny, although I did feel sorry for her!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Alchemist
#16 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:18 AM
This is not really a new animation but anyways:

A female I'm playing with in Strangetown had tough luck when it came to finding a husband, and since I don't want her to die without kids I just had to find a man she could WooHoo with and get pregnant.

Pollination Tech#9 was perfect, it was not hard to flirt with him. Three days later, my sim was pregnant with his baby.

Pollination Tech#9 never got to meet his daughter, but yet the daughter cried when she saw her mommy make out with another man?!
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 11:47 AM
I love the tucking in animation that adult/teen do autonomously with a sleeping child.
Inventor
#18 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:22 PM
I never used rugs, but one day decided to lay one out in one of my sims houses. That afternoon a bunch of classmates of the resident kids came along home from school. One of those kids did the wiping feet for electricity, got some sort of evil look on his face and chased one of the other kids. He didn't get to pull it off, because that other kid just happened to be in the bathroom and he couldn't therefore enter. But I had never seen this before and was like 'wth is this?'
So, I very much agree that there always can come a time you get to see something you haven't seen before.
And I'm pretty sure I still have not seen all there is to see and I'm looking forward to it.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 7:08 PM
I love that shooing animation, it's a very often occurrence in my game and I think it's adorable.
The Bon Voyage animations are totally new to me, I love the native dances.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 9:25 PM Last edited by Simonut : 22nd Sep 2014 at 9:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Sorry to shatter the image, but he wasn't asking the other sim to leave so he could sleep. What likely happened was that the pinball machine woke him up, but when he tried to get out of bed, there was another sim standing in the square by the bed head. You can see this with bunk beds as mentioned or when there are two beds with only one square between them. They sit up, shrug and make a shooing/complaining motion, then go back to sleep. If they still need to wake up because of motives or noise, then they will attempt to wake up again, but if not then they'll just go back into their sleep routine.

However I love ascribing new motives or explanations for animations Like the cuisine one often gets mentioned because when a pregnant sim does it it looks like she is rubbing her baby belly

I found the other day that when a sim graduates and they pick a sim to pose with, another sim can get jealous! Puck Summerdream was dating Hermia, although his definition of exclusivity is extremely loose (or, in fact, non existent.) So he grabbed a dormie girl he'd been seeing for the graduation photo cutscene and Hermia threw a fit in the background. It was quite funny, although I did feel sorry for her!

@>> simsfreg>> No sorry I disagree with you , yes the pin ball machine did wake him up ( any kind of noise will wake a Sims up that near them while sleeping, everyone know that. )
What I disagree on is there was "NO" Sim ( his sister ) standing in the square space by the bed, the teen boy had lots of space if he wanted to get out of his bed. and move about to do the shoo animation.

I "never" build small bed room or any small rooms for any of my Sims, I know it is important that Sims have to get around all objects on the home lot.
So No and No this happen just as I said it did ( In my 1st original post ) in a "single bed" the teen was sitting straight up in his bed shooing his sister out to leave, and returning back to sleep never leaving his bed .

I was "not" now or then when this animation happen wearing any rose colors glasses my image is not shatter it was clear as daylight. That animation happen in one single bed may be "rare" but wonderful to watch.
That why I said when you think you know every animations about the Sims you have to think twice the Sims are full of surprises.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:25 PM
I agree, the time it happened with a teen and her little sister it was the sound from the violin and there was nobody next to the bed blocking the square. So it was the same thing, she shooed and went back to sleep. I wonder if it has to be a teen and a younger sibling using an item for it to happen? I notice that is the same, only in my case it was two girls and what woke her was a violin but otherwise the same.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#22 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 11:52 PM
I have to agree with simonut and joandsarah. I have seen it as well and there definitely was no one in the vicinity of the bed that could possibly have blocked the way.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjampenning
I have to agree with simonut and joandsarah. I have seen it as well and there definitely was no one in the vicinity of the bed that could possibly have blocked the way.

@>> mirjampenning>> Thanks you for your in-put that you have also witness this rare animation, I knew I was not blind.

Theorist
#24 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:00 PM
I have seen this shoo animation in the Curious house. Pascal had finally married when his son was a child. The child was in his own room and kept getting up. I finally noticed his queue and it said 'shoo'. It was confusing since they were in separate rooms but Pascal's wife would not woohoo and was shooing the poor, sleeping boy while still on the bed. I had a look around and found 1 wall panel missing between the 2 bedrooms, problem solved.

EDIT: Forgot to add that it also happens with bunk beds or any single beds with only 1 tile space in between them. I had a sim at Uni shooing a 2nd sims who was making her bed. The 2nd girl could not get out of her bed so she turned over and went back to sleep.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
#25 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 10:22 AM
It wasn't until recently, when I was still playing Sims 3, that I was told about the cuddle that can happen in bed when a coupe wakes up. So when I went back to Sims 2 and I had my couple, I made sure to not do any interactions with them, in hopes of seeing the cuddle, cause I never noticed it before. And sure enough, without interactions lined up, they sometimes woke up and cuddled.

And when I left them alone and just watched them a bit, now and then they'd either give a tight squeeze during the cuddle or kiss the other's head.
So sweet!

C-A
Page 1 of 2