Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 1:15 PM
Default How to don't have full screen in sims 2 ?
My sister had it on her computer . Her friend made it . But He don't have time to make it for me.

Sorry for my English ... :p
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 1:34 PM
Go on to your last expansion pack shortcut (the one you use it to play the game), right click > Proprieties > and on the Shortcut tab click on Target and write -w at the end of the destination, something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSBin\Sims2EP6.exe" -w
Forum Resident
#3 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moveobjects
Go on to your last expansion pack shortcut (the one you use it to play the game), right click > Proprieties > and on the Shortcut tab click on Target and write -w at the end of the destination, something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSBin\Sims2EP6.exe" -w

That's if you use the shortcut to launch TS2. If you use Origin..

1) Open up the Origin application.
2) Right-click TS2 > select "Game Properties..".
3) Put " -w" in the box. MUST have that space!

Launch TS2 to see the results!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 5:57 PM
And BTW, instructions for stuff like this come in the read me that comes with the game (look under the start menu - the most common cheats are listed there too).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 2:20 AM
For some reason the Target bar is grayed out for me, and I can't add the w. I tried it in Origin, but even with the -w added, it opens full screen. I have the Ultimate Collection. I have thought that maybe I need to change the resolution first. Could that be the problem?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by telemwill
For some reason the Target bar is grayed out for me, and I can't add the w. I tried it in Origin, but even with the -w added, it opens full screen. I have the Ultimate Collection. I have thought that maybe I need to change the resolution first. Could that be the problem?

Maybe, though I highly doubt it. I don't know what to tell you, sorry. Try :google: , I guess.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 1:57 AM
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/...5071435AAz0bwt\

This person seemed satisfied.
Sorry I don't have UC myself... but I do have google! :D

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 6:19 PM
[QUOTE=Alpal425]Maybe, though I highly doubt it. I don't know what to tell you, sorry. Try :google: , I guess.[/QUOTE

Google can't find it
Field Researcher
#9 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:37 PM
@telemwill I don't know if you solved this problem already, but I found this on one youtube comment when searching on google, maybe it's useful:

"I have a question, I was able to do this before because my latest EP was a CD but , I installed FT & Pets Collection with Origin (I know, Origin sucks sometimes..but it's all I have now) I was wondering if there is a way to make the window smaller, because i tried to do the whole properties thing, and the Target is greyed out ! I really need tis, as I am working hard to publish my stories :x"
answer: "It's quite alright, I went on the MTS forum, turns out, my origin game had a seperate folder on programs (86bit) with the launcher there. So I copied & pasted that launcher onto my desktop, and the target bar thing wasn't greyed out, I have it windowsized :-) Thanks for replying though, that tells us you are reliable to your audience!"
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:28 AM Last edited by telemwill : 19th Dec 2014 at 5:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by moveobjects
@telemwill I don't know if you solved this problem already, but I found this on one youtube comment when searching on google, maybe it's useful:

"I have a question, I was able to do this before because my latest EP was a CD but , I installed FT & Pets Collection with Origin (I know, Origin sucks sometimes..but it's all I have now) I was wondering if there is a way to make the window smaller, because i tried to do the whole properties thing, and the Target is greyed out ! I really need tis, as I am working hard to publish my stories :x"
answer: "It's quite alright, I went on the MTS forum, turns out, my origin game had a seperate folder on programs (86bit) with the launcher there. So I copied & pasted that launcher onto my desktop, and the target bar thing wasn't greyed out, I have it windowsized :-) Thanks for replying though, that tells us you are reliable to your audience!"

Hmmm, I will check that out. Thanks! (And I have tried Google, but hadn't found anything yet. So thought I would ask here.)

Edit: That worked! Thanks ever so much!